DJM N gauge Crowdfunded King Class Steam Loco has started

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium

Just message Hattons on their FB page about it, saved me a lot of possible gauge transitioning.

I did. They replied and said, pretty much as per the press release, that it was now not their project anymore and that it was up to DJM if it goes ahead now. The OO Gauge thread is now deleted altogether so it seems DJM is not looking to release it any time soon. I'd never buy an N Gauge one, since I will never go that Gauge, so I'll have to make do with Hornbys King.

Edited by Hilux5972

I did. They replied and said, pretty much as per the press release, that it was now not their project anymore and that it was up to DJM if it goes ahead now. The OO Gauge thread is now deleted altogether so it seems DJM is not looking to release it any time soon. I'd never buy an N Gauge one, since I will never go that Gauge, so I'll have to make do with Hornbys King.

Dave said when he announced interest in doing a King in N, that a OO scale model would be less successful due to the fact that there are already several versions on the market, for example the Hornby one you mentioned.

The idea that a OO version may be made in the future has been mentioned, but I think more by other people rather than by Dave himself.

With Hornby saturating the market with Kings and then dumping the excess stock at <£100, I would be hard to see a DJM version being profitable at the moment. Originally the price was close enough to the Hornby RRP that the extra features it promised would have appealed to people willing to pay a small premium for a better model. Hornby's undercutting has probably rather changed the maths.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the N Gauge version gets enough support to go ahead as that market is wide open.

• Like 1

With Hornby saturating the market with Kings and then dumping the excess stock at <£100, I would be hard to see a DJM version being profitable at the moment. Originally the price was close enough to the Hornby RRP that the extra features it promised would have appealed to people willing to pay a small premium for a better model. Hornby's undercutting has probably rather changed the maths.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the N Gauge version gets enough support to go ahead as that market is wide open.

Hi Matt,

I'm glad to say the N gauge one is climbing and seems to have picked up this last week.

Still not huge numbers signing up, but its still early days really.

The message is getting out, and like the N gauge class 92, the advertising is starting to show even more interest.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

Hi everyone, just a quick update before I put another pie chart up at the weekend.

The expected slow down did hit 2 weeks ago and orders slowed to a trickle. However last week as word started to get round has helped push things forward.

Adverts are coming in the press plus updates etc, so I full envisage a plethora of orders within this next 2 weeks, and continuing through to the cut off date.

If we make the finish line I have it on good authority that Warley should see at least a first EP model , and possibly more.

Please spread the word, club mates, society members, etc. I'll be posting a downloadable PDF flyer for the King this weekend both here and on my web site and would appreciate it if you could consider printing it off and giving it to your local stockist, or railway club.

I'll send to all DJM stockists asking them to publicise it too.

Anyway, facts and figures come sunday. Oh, and I've just approved the new DJM box for this model for tooling too, as it will also fit the 92 and any other larger locomotives in N like the Q6, Mogul etc.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I joked about it previously Dave, but please don't use pie charts, they really are utterly useless! A bar chart would be vastly better at showing what you're trying to - the comparative value of a very finite set of data.

Sorry, huge personal bug bear. They should be banned

Good news on the rest of it!

Edited by njee20

Hi everyone, just a quick update before I put another pie chart up at the weekend.

The expected slow down did hit 2 weeks ago and orders slowed to a trickle. However last week as word started to get round has helped push things forward.

Adverts are coming in the press plus updates etc, so I full envisage a plethora of orders within this next 2 weeks, and continuing through to the cut off date.

If we make the finish line I have it on good authority that Warley should see at least a first EP model , and possibly more.

Please spread the word, club mates, society members, etc. I'll be posting a downloadable PDF flyer for the King this weekend both here and on my web site and would appreciate it if you could consider printing it off and giving it to your local stockist, or railway club.

Anyway, facts and figures come sunday. Oh, and I've just approved the new DJM box for this model for tooling too, as it will also fit the 92 and any other larger locomotives in N like the Q6, Mogul etc.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Can you please make your advert social media friendly and I'll post it on my Facebook page that maybe the best I can do as more people that can see it the better

Thanks

Alan

Cheers

Dave

Great news, still got my fingers crossed that sometime in June you post to say this project is on

I joked about it previously Dave, but please don't use pie charts, they really are utterly useless! A bar chart would be vastly better at showing what you're trying to - the comparative value of a very finite set of data.

Sorry, huge personal bug bear. They should be banned

Good news on the rest of it!

Couldn't agree more. Pie charts are generally as helpful as an ejector seat in a helicopter.

Couldn't agree more. Pie charts are generally as helpful as an ejector seat in a helicopter.

Funnily enough, there are at least 3 Russian Helicopters i know of with ejector seats including the Kamov Ka-50 helicopter. All fire explosive bolts holding the rotor on at pre-set angles so that there will be no conflict with the 2 crew ejection which happens almost simultaneously.

I would say then, that ejection seats in helicopters are very useful  :onthequiet:    :jester:  :locomotive:

• Like 1

Funnily enough, there are at least 3 Russian Helicopters i know of with ejector seats including the Kamov Ka-50 helicopter. All fire explosive bolts holding the rotor on at pre-set angles so that there will be no conflict with the 2 crew ejection which happens almost simultaneously.

I would say then, that ejection seats in helicopters are very useful  :onthequiet:    :jester:  :locomotive:

Yeah.. Lockheed developed one for the US that fired the seats downward rather than risk the rotor blades not being blown off properly for the AH-56 Cheyenne.

Development work stopped on that one, when there was an accidental firing of the ejector seat when the aircraft was on the ground with a pilot in the seat.

M

Edited by xModellerx

Perhaps the few people above who complained about his use of pie charts have ruined it for the rest of us. Always the few that ruin it for the masses.

Well let's hope not.

Whilst I am not overly keen on them, I am nonetheless eager to see updates on how things are progressing, in whatever format.

Sorry everyone,

Had a spontaneous moment on Saturday morning and decided to visit the SWAG meeting at Taunton.

Didn't get back till late Sunday, and got carried away in paperwork yesterday.

Pie chart, or something else, will appear with an update later today.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1