fighting at exhibitions

Selkent

• RMweb Gold

Its the disability scooter jousting matches you have to watch out for at some shows, especially when they reverse at speed by mistake...

Dava

That would be alright if they didn't have the rotating blades...

I was once roughed up by the P4 boot boys, them lads could throw an accurate punch...

Too right. Just the other week I was at a P4 exhibition and happened to compliment a demonstrator on the standard of his marking out.

Next thing I know I'm waking up in a hospital bed after having had a centre punch surgically removed from my ar$ehole. I have to return to hospital in a fortnight so they can have another go at reteiving a fishplate.

Apparently the P4 ultras have a secret training camp somewhere in the Cotswolds where they train Russian Modellers.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold

Welcome to Railway Modelling.

The first rule of Railway Modelling is: you do not talk about Railway Modelling.
The second rule of Railway Modelling is: you DO NOT talk about Railway Modelling!
Third rule of Railway Modelling: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, derails: then clean the track
Fourth rule: only two wires to the track.
Fifth rule: For DC : one train at a time, fellas.
Sixth rule: No tweed shirts, no third rail shoes.
Seventh rule: operating sessions will go on as long as they have to.
And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Railway Modelling, you have to start a wishlist.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Never mind the violence of the average exhibition goer !

It's the 'over the top' violence from the private security guards brought into 'police' exhibitions that really worries me.

You mark my words, it can only be a matter of time before they come prepared with riot shields and fire baton rounds to quell the crowds.

• RMweb Premium

Never mind the violence of the average exhibition goer !

It's the 'over the top' violence from the private security guards brought into 'police' exhibitions that really worries me.

You mark my words, it can only be a matter of time before they come prepared with riot shields and fire baton rounds to quell the crowds.

Could be worse,

Dapol have fired the Gurkhas to keep order!

Don't try taking them on when they are smiling.

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Premium

I remember in my bashing days in the 80's the leading coach of trans-pennine services and other loco hauled services could be....ahem....interesting/entertaining (delete according to preference).

Don't forget your tickets for the Big Fight at the NEC next month, just look for the Bachmann Stand

I thought that was what this Thread was about, at first!! ;)

I can't go to Warley this year; I've just had a bath this morning so would still be far too clean by then. :mosking:

(Mind you, at my local show next year I believe we have Gwynneth Paltrow demonstrating 'conscious uncoupling', which should be worth a look ...).

I'd be careful there. She's on a very short fuse that one. Last time I saw her doing the conscious uncoupling demo, some poor unsuspecting individual happened to remark that he thought Jackson's appeared to be more reliable.

She went absolutely ape. Nobody knew she had a handbag  (Louis Vuitton) full of pepper pots and boy; could she throw them. Better aim than Eric Bristow after eleven pints. One pot took out the tea urn and another left the Thomas layout looking more like a Taliban HQ after a multiple drone strike. If that wasn't enough she then set about a poor bloke selling Sprat & Winkles with a pepper spray.

Once we got her calmed down (and everybody had stopped sneezing) she would only agree to come back and demo next year if she can bring along Robert Downey Jr.

Let me tell you, when them two start a ruck next year, I'm on their side!

P

Oh and she also insists that no other coupling be sold at the show, but hers. Bl**dy typical!

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I did actually see a punch up at an exhibition once, about 15 years ago. A guy in his 40's (?) set about a younger guy in his 20's (?) for no apparent reason.  Location? Worthing, of all places......