Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2018 - 24th and 25th November

Liam

Anyone else picked up on the fact that when the Warley show is on in Hall 5, Hall 10 is hosting the Dating Show Live?

Are the NEC management trying to tell us something?

Only if they offer combined admission tickets !

Anyone else picked up on the fact that when the Warley show is on in Hall 5, Hall 10 is hosting the Dating Show Live?

Should make the station interesting when it's chucking out time. Think I will take a couple of hundred cans of lynx deodorant I sense a sales opportunity.

• RMweb Gold

Should make the station interesting when it's chucking out time. Think I will take a couple of hundred cans of lynx deodorant I sense a sales opportunity.

Only if they're lager-scented (or, alternatively, "eau de skunk", if certain comments on this site are anything to go by).

Huw.

• RMweb Gold

A few years ago Warley coincided with the BBC Clothes Show at the NEC the same weekend, there was no confusing the two audiences...

Cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Gold

A few years ago Warley coincided with the BBC Clothes Show at the NEC the same weekend, there was no confusing the two audiences...

Cheers,

Keith

Absolutely.

You wouldn't catch me wearing any of that "fashion" muck.

I think I'll stick with the sensible trousers, shirt, silk Paisley tie, wax jacket and flat cap - and a pair of size 9 steel toecapped shoes, just in case I meet anyone I'm not too friendly with to protect my feet.

Huw.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Cheers,

Keith

Comic con was on with the Warley show a few years ago,

Now if you wanted to see weird........................

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Comic con was on with the Warley show a few years ago,

Now if you wanted to see weird........................

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick

Yeah us puffer nutters do look weird compared to those attending Comic Con. Why not dress up for the day? I hope all your team will be wearing their train driver uniforms, and you your station master outfit otherwise I am not coming. I will be wearing my lucky trainspotters Anorak, which I won't let Mrs M wash cos it could become unlucky and I won't get any more cops, my flared trousers, Adidas sports bag to hold my Tizer, egg sandwiches and combine complete with my Zenit E camera slung in readiness around my neck.  

I would have liked to have gone to Comic Con a couple of years ago when Band Maid played a gig there. Being an old git I found out after the event.

Wasn't it the Clothes Show Live that some years back now caused Warley to move forward a weekend or two to the end of November from beginning of December?

I was an enthusiastic supporter of Warley and the Clothes Show on the same weekend. There are always plenty of coach trips to the latter and no shortage of operators looking for drivers. I could volunteer to do one, spend a day at Warley and get paid for it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Looks like they're hosting the Birmingham Comic-Con that weekend too, so at least we're not the only ones being hinted at!

• RMweb Gold

The SLS will be there again. Photo print sales from the Stephenson Photograph Collection (Approx 4000 or 10% of all that is available in the range), Society impress books including the two titles we launched last year, membership deals/Gift memberships etc.

Stand Number = B34.

• RMweb Premium

If Clive comes dressed as he says Andy, I'll be needing another operator. I'll pencil you in!!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Bit better dressed than you were the other day on faceache.

Dave was building a shed  and was displaying his builder's clev............better not say as some people have a weak hearts, easily shocked and scared etc.

• RMweb Gold

not only have the information "boxes" gone out I have had returns from 2  (well 3 including me) demonstrators. Well done...

Baz

Mine went in the post today. Not only is it before the deadline but I didn't even need reminding. Do I get a special badge!! :angel:

Jerry