Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

11 hours ago, classy52 said:

Hold the phone!...where from?

Edit: If you're referring to D9000 - BR Green w/cantrail (VXC) direct from Accurascale then that isn't modelled for current day, period is for 1997-1999 whilst with Virgin Cross Country.

Can i ask, what is the difference between the 2.

so i know what to look out for.

Thanks 

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, Ray M said:

Thanks 

Lost its shed plates for one if I recall correctly. 

Roy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ray M said:

Thanks 

For today's running warning flashes need to be added just below the cantrail stripe next to each cab door but the major one is the headlight box at each nose end is of a different type/shape today compared to this version and it isn't just yellow but also wrapped in the livery colour.

Adding Roy's contribution these are the only items I think differentiate the modelled 1990's version with today's running D9000....hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

I’m hoping for a D9000 to be released as it was in the 2012. With headlight, silver fuel tanks and domino lights. That would be the one for me. Other than that I’m hoping they do a model of D9019 as it was on the mainline too and it would be interesting to see D9016 in 2 tone green with wipacs 👀

9 minutes ago, XChris said:

and it would be interesting to see D9016 in 2 tone green with wipacs 👀

Please no more 016 with wipacs, I want it when in BR ownership in blue or green without those damn lights

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, 37081LochLong said:

Please no more 016 with wipacs, I want it when in BR ownership in blue or green without those damn lights

I think in time we may get that one, mainly only because it makes use of the tooling. But for now I think offering 16 in a completely different guise makes much more sense to do.

• RMweb Gold

Ebay prices for the first batch seem to be falling - just seen a D9019 sound fitted described as 'new' sell for £155 + £12 postage. Looked fine in the photo's  - even the chains were still attached!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 01/05/2024 at 20:18, The Meerkat said:

looked at the deltics and sold out ones say stock incoming just like the 66s,  does this mean they coming early or is it still Q3

The website now says ‘incoming’ when the models are in production and imminent  

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/04/2024 at 18:32, classy52 said:

Shame there are no current day Preserved Class 55's that are running on either heritage or mainline being done.

Here's a video to keep you going until they are produced.

I'm off to the NYMR tomorrow for a train ride and some Moors walking (good weather predicted 🙂)

Thanks to Robert Townsend

Edited by zr2498
  • Like 6