Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Aren’t these luvlies from the next batch?

IMG_0642.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

IMG_0644.jpeg

They are indeed :) They are in the studio for their glamour shots, hence due imminently (in terms of online) 

Those who attended GETS at the weekend would have had the opportunity to inspect them in person 👍

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

15 hours ago, McC said:

They are indeed :) They are in the studio for their glamour shots, hence due imminently (in terms of online) 

Those who attended GETS at the weekend would have had the opportunity to inspect them in person 👍

Just a quick question for you please re the next release Deltics.

Will they feature the updated bogie chains?

TIA.

Edited by Black 5 Bear

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

Just a quick question for you please, re the next release Deltics.

Will they feature the updated bogie chains?

TIA.

Yes as well as some other feedback driven changes. We will be putting together detailed content about that very soon. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

17 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Aren’t these luvlies from the next batch?

IMG_0642.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

IMG_0644.jpeg

Wow! I showed a Deltic obsessed mate these photos and he also said ''wow!''.

I'm now imagining a filthy green one with ingrained weathering...

Z1D90011.jpg.3ea1848294bcb4f5f6c3f6affae3bcb0.jpg

ERZ1D90012.jpg.d29457a4c73f22fef761cffff7b033e6.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

55004 looks tasty so I think I may just plump for that! The silver windscreen frames lift the Banger Blue like the Finsbury Park white window surrounds did. The person at York depot responsible for painting them back in blue when they were transferred up there must have been a right misery guts! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 97406 said:

55004 looks tasty so I think I may just plump for that! The silver windscreen frames lift the Banger Blue like the Finsbury Park white window surrounds did. The person at York depot responsible for painting them back in blue when they were transferred up there must have been a right misery guts! 

In fairness to York it was actually Doncaster Works that painted the frames back into blue just prior to the Railex Weekend (17/18 June 1978) when she was touched up as a static exhibit.  There's a lovely shot of her there on the Napier Chronicles website. 

It took her nearly another 18 months from then to escape the Works and very nearly didn't make it.

The post announcing this variation references 4 Deltics to have had this treatment, 55006 I know was one, I'm 99% sure 55002 was the third, but not sure of the 4th.

The silver frames definitely add something though, here's No 6 at Kings Cross in 1978.

IMG_3061.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear I should not have looked, I was happy with 55 005 from the last Batch, but 55 020 would make a nice mate to go with.  Or even 55 004 for that matter. Think I better go and have a lay down it might pass. 

Edited by farren
  • Funny 4

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

I have had a quick search through past comments and see nothing.  How are the headcodes changed on the early Deltics?  Looks too easy on the early 37s, but is it a body off job?

https://accurascale.customerdesk.io/#rp-customer-widget-faq-d28519f9-ce7c-4505-afab-c4b89fa858c9

Details can be found on Accurascale’s support page. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Finally stuck my hand in my pocket to order the sound decoder and speaker, for the 55 from Accurascale should be delivered today. I’ve tacked the body a lot easier then I thought it was going to be, but damaged the little chains and also noticed some of the little steps on the corners are missing. Are these available has spares or will they be made available? 

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, farren said:

Finally stuck my hand in my pocket to order the sound decoder and speaker, for the 55 from Accurascale should be delivered today. I’ve tacked the body a lot easier then I thought it was going to be, but damaged the little chains and also noticed some of the little steps on the corners are missing. Are these available has spares or will they be made available? 

Contact the wonderful support team - all parts are available. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a pewowned 55015 from my local shop. Runs a treat and sounds great but i cant seem to give it a new number. Tried main track and programme track but the number wont change from its current id of 15.

I was going to reset CV8 to 8 in the hope it sets it back to default but im not sure if i read in the class 37 thread that that means it wipes the decoder? 

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Just got a pewowned 55015 from my local shop. Runs a treat and sounds great but i cant seem to give it a new number. Tried main track and programme track but the number wont change from its current id of 15.

I was going to reset CV8 to 8 in the hope it sets it back to default but im not sure if i read in the class 37 thread that that means it wipes the decoder? 

Hi @meatloaf,

Drop support@accurascale.com an email and we can help you out!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

If it was said in the Class 37 thread, and I can't remember anyone doing so, you can be reassured that they were talking rubbish.  Writing 8 to CV8 will not wipe a decoder, it will simply revert the settings back to the original programmed values including changing the address back to 3.

(Note that someone with a Lokprogrammer can also save an update that will become the new "reset" default.  I mention this for completeness as I assume it does not apply to you.)

Steve

8 minutes ago, 55020 said:

If it was said in the Class 37 thread, and I can't remember anyone doing so, you can be reassured that they were talking rubbish.  Writing 8 to CV8 will not wipe a decoder, it will simply revert the settings back to the original programmed values including changing the address back to 3.

(Note that someone with a Lokprogrammer can also save an update that will become the new "reset" default.  I mention this for completeness as I assume it does not apply to you.)

Steve

i think what they meant in 37 thread that if accurascale re blows the decoder and you reset cv8=8  it wipes re blow only,  thats the way i understood it 

• RMweb Gold
Just now, The Meerkat said:

i think what they meant in 37 thread that if accurascale re blows the decoder and you reset cv8=8  it wipes re blow only,  thats the way i understood it 

It depends if the person doing the reblow ticks the appropriate box on Lokprogrammer when doing the update, hence the note in my post above.

Steve

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1