Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

How do you get the horn to do the typical duck fart sound of a real Deltic horn? Was running mine yesterday after also hearing some on a video and on my model KOYLI the sound is very clean. Sadly some of the tiny bits already knocked off even with careful handling, at least with the 2ft rule I won’t notice they are missing.

On 07/12/2023 at 15:34, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @meatloaf,

Drop support@accurascale.com an email and we can help you out!

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi i did drop support an email but i got an email back asking if i was checking on an order. I did reply Hi as it said at ther end of the email.

EDIT :

Sorted now. Turns out the decoder was locked. So i set CV15 and 16 to 0 and ive been able to reset it and renember it. 

All good cheers

Paul

Edited by meatloaf

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Why do you want your Deltic to fart like a duck?

Should it emulate that other ECML racehorse, Mallard ?

Couldn't think of another way to describe the sound. The Accurascale horn sound does not reproduce the sound like I remember from Deltics. Perhaps KOYLI has had a new horn fitted in preservation and it is correct for today.

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, john new said:

Couldn't think of another way to describe the sound. The Accurascale horn sound does not reproduce the sound like I remember from Deltics. Perhaps KOYLI has had a new horn fitted in preservation and it is correct for today.

Legomanbiffo’s project has the horn spot on in my humble opinion.  £20 for a reblow 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

We're all wary of various 'Gulf disruptions' and that there'll also be the Chinese New Year (10th February).

I see Rails mention the Batch 2 Class 55 'Deltics' are due 'Q1 2024'.  Is this still a fair estimate or what is the approximate ETA please?

Al.

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Hi there.

We're all wary of various 'Gulf disruptions' and that there'll also be the Chinese New Year (10th February).

I see Rails mention the Batch 2 Class 55 'Deltics' are due 'Q1 2024'.  Is this still a fair estimate or what is the approximate ETA please?

Al.

as far as i know in this thread they coming end of q1 possible start q2

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Does this mean the Deltic will arrive before, after or around the same time as the Sheds?

Getting close now, for both of them .... YIPPEE !!!

Al.

They are all coming in series, with 66, 31, 37, 55, 89, 50 all coming roughly a month apart from March onward, intermingled with the various coaches (Mk2c, Mk1 subs) and wagon projects already announced and on the way, and then of course -all- the unannounced stuff coming too :)  (and thats just the D&E category()

Edited by McC
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3

On 02/02/2024 at 12:56, McC said:

They are all coming in series, with 66, 31, 37, 55, 89, 50 all coming roughly a month apart from March onward, intermingled with the various coaches (Mk2c, Mk1 subs) and wagon projects already announced and on the way, and then of course -all- the unannounced stuff coming too :)  (and thats just the D&E category()

Unannounced stuff ?

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Ray M said:

Unannounced stuff ?

With the unpredictable nature of new toolings in terms of timeline we now only announce when we have EPs and production slots are scheduled. This will allow a sub 12 months delivery window. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

On 02/02/2024 at 12:56, McC said:

They've got so many new deliveries there's a working timetable!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Ray M said:

Unannounced stuff ?

McC’s comment was a fly to a fish! 🤣 That list is diesel and one electric. We’ve been told that (what is it, five?) steamers have been promised but not yet announced.

14 minutes ago, McC said:

With the unpredictable nature of new toolings in terms of timeline we now only announce when we have EPs and production slots are scheduled. This will allow a sub 12 months delivery window. 

That is excellent. Naturally I don’t relish delays, however unavoidable they may be, but I’m a fan of early announcements. Twelve months gives me time to plan finances. Announcing something with (sometimes) only days until it appears isn’t helpful at all. I await the very enjoyable quarterly announcements of a certain manufacturer with a mixture of enthusiasm and dread.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Great to hear these are approaching. Particularly excited to glipmse the boxes for the Exclusives. I wonder if there's a chance we'll see some bonus treats in the detail bag as with the Manors? To me D9000 never quite looks complete without that headboard!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've just belatedly pre-ordered D9000 and paid a deposit. The pre-order was accepted, but it is now telling me the full payment is 7 days overdue. I thought full payment was requested when the models were almost ready for dispatch. Do I loose my pre-order if I don't pay in full now?

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I've just belatedly pre-ordered D9000 and paid a deposit. The pre-order was accepted, but it is now telling me the full payment is 7 days overdue. I thought full payment was requested when the models were almost ready for dispatch. Do I loose my pre-order if I don't pay in full now?

You can ignore the set date as they’re not due until we chase you :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tiddles47 said:

Just looking at the accurascale website, D9000 is listed as an A/S exclusive, does that mean  it’ll have  differnt coloured box? I have 1 on order.  :)

Yes. All exclusives get bespoke boxes (including third party commissions and exclusives for retailers)

Edited by McC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1