Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Would be very surprised to see an 08. Market is well covered and the Hornby model will be heard to beat in terms of shape and detail, yet the older Bachmann model continues to sell.

Agree, both models are pretty good as is the Hornby 09.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

Would be very surprised to see an 08. Market is well covered and the Hornby model will be heard to beat in terms of shape and detail, yet the older Bachmann model continues to sell.

Bachmann 08 shows its age against the Hornby 08.

Hornbys 08 is heading towards £185.. for whats an 0-6-0.

its also increasingly beapoke what they are offering, imo Green and Blue versions should be a constant in the range, not a nice to have.

in that regard they are leaving the kitchen door open with food on the lunch table ready for someone to come in and eat it

A superdetailed 08, in a dozen variations at a £100-120 do very well.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, adb968008 said:

its also increasingly beapoke what they are offering, imo Green and Blue versions should be a constant in the range, not a nice to have.

in that regard they are leaving the kitchen door open with food on the lunch table ready for someone to come in and eat it

Especially with stay alive fitted as standard

• Agree 4

On 26/07/2023 at 20:28, RedgateModels said:

Today I used an Accurathrash speaker to make my Hornby HM7000 fitted Deltic Prototype sound MUCH better 😁

DSC_0339.JPG.c4786008a7403783367730a013b42216.JPG

Is that a Bachmann Deltic? I’ve just fitted a Hornby HM 7000 decoder to my Bachmann Prototype Deltic and the sound is very limited by the tiny speaker. Is the accurathrash speaker 8 ohms ( I.e. correct for the Hornby decoder) and does the body shell still fit with the speaker in place?

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, paftrain said:

Is that a Bachmann Deltic? I’ve just fitted a Hornby HM 7000 decoder to my Bachmann Prototype Deltic and the sound is very limited by the tiny speaker. Is the accurathrash speaker 8 ohms ( I.e. correct for the Hornby decoder) and does the body shell still fit with the speaker in place?

Sorry Paul, should have made it clear, it's an old Bachmann 8 pin production deltic chassis fitted to a Dapol/kitmaster body essentially. The Accurathrash speaker is 4 ohms, so it's wired in series with the standard HM7000 sugar cube, giving 12 ohms.

Edited by RedgateModels

1 minute ago, RedgateModels said:

Sorry Paul, should have made it clear, it's an old Bachmann 8 pin deltic chassis fitted to a Dapol/kitmaster body essentially. The Accurathrash speaker is 4 ohms, so it's wired in series with the standard HM7000 sugar cube, giving 12 ohms.

Thanks for your prompt reply. It will be interesting to find out how different the clearance in the top of the body from the Kitmaster version is to the Bachmann DP1 version. I also have the Kitmaster Deltic that I fitted to a Lima Chassis years ago. It still works well, but the loud Lima sound can’t match the proper Deltic sound!

On 27/07/2023 at 13:32, adb968008 said:

Totally agree. As much as the Hornby 08 is top drawer  - the dearth of them is mind boggling for me. A constant stream of BR Green and Blue ones would surely do well - and there's a virtually inexhaustible amount of livery variations from the mid 80's onwards...or am I missing something? To many modifications to accurately tool? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Ajax50046 said:

Totally agree. As much as the Hornby 08 is top drawer  - the dearth of them is mind boggling for me. A constant stream of BR Green and Blue ones would surely do well - and there's a virtually inexhaustible amount of livery variations from the mid 80's onwards...or am I missing something? To many modifications to accurately tool? 

I really like the Hornby 08 and think its a lovely looking model, performs really smoothly and despite its age I dont really think there's all that much needed to bring it up to 'modern standards' other than adding lighting which wouldnt' be visible most of the time anyway ... but I really wonder how many of them they'll sell with the price they're at now. I just dont see a 20 year old tooling for a small shunter being worth £185

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Staffordshire said:

Trying to get back to the title of the thread ....  my two Accurascale Deltics ....

IMG_20230913_121357__01.jpg

IMG_20230913_121855__01.jpg

Can you please show us where you drilled for the goalpost couplings please.

Ive yet to had them to my own.

• RMweb Gold

a little help required please, I been running my 55005 on my layout. Now I understand a diesel doesn’t have a front and back cab! But has the control says forward we will stick with it for now. The decoder is a dccconcepts black and the controller is the Gauge master advanced. The model runs beautifully and pulls anything asked of it. But lights I have only the head lights on with the light button (f10) nothing else comes on. No other F button f1-f12 dose anything! Apart from f11 which operates the front marker light! Doesn’t matter which direction the loco is set to the marker lights are always on the same end.is it down to not having enough function buttons on my controller or Is it a case of getting In touch Accurascale to get it sorted.
I’m tempted to get the Accurascale sound decor but would like to get the model sorted beforehand. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a non sound version of the Locomotion Models / Rails KOYLI.

I bought the sound decoder from Accurascale, but only wanting to remove the body once with all those chain issues, I have waited for the Speaker, crew and speaker clips to come in to stock.

All the parts turned up yesterday, but of course, no screws supplied with the speaker clips! A lack of joined up thinking, so does anybody know the size and length of the screws required. Presumably they are an M size, E.g. M1, M2 etc and then the length of shaft. Many Thanks

Edited by AshleyH

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AshleyH said:

Presumably they are an M size, E.g. M1, M2 etc and then the length of shaft.

M1.7 x 3mm

They were supposed to be in the packs, we are checking in with the Factory and if you've any trouble sourcing, drop us a line and we can post you out some. Apologies for the trouble!

Edited by McC
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thank you McC for the fast reply, additionally, can you tell me if they should be self tapping or machine (flat bottomed) screws.

Additionally, should all 4 mounting points be used, as I’ve seen photos of the inside of sound fitted version, where only 2 screws  are in position, at the cab end of the speaker. Many Thanks

I've recently purchased a secondhand, virtually mint 'Black Watch' DC Ready model in early livery.

I've noticed it seems to draw a very high current, around 0.7A at about 80% on a Gaugemaster controller. It seems to run ok most of the time but certainbly doesn;'t have a very high top speed, but I did notice it slowing down yesterday at one stage.

Has anyone else noted what current a DC model draws running on DC?

I thought I'd better ask this question on line before starting to pull it apart to see if I can find any faults. 

Andrew

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Woodcock29 said:

I've noticed it seems to draw a very high current, around 0.7A at about 80% on a Gaugemaster controller. It seems to run ok most of the time but certainbly doesn;'t have a very high top speed, but I did notice it slowing down yesterday at one stage.

Has anyone else noted what current a DC model draws running on DC?

I thought I'd better ask this question on line before starting to pull it apart to see if I can find any faults. 

Yes, mine draws 0.65 at @ 80% and 0.8 at full power on my GMs (also same on Morley and Merg) so not controller and has done since new, slowing down etc seems on par with mine and others has only started recently but only seems to happen after about 5-10 minutes continuous use, so for me no real concern as I don't run it for that long, and now out of warranty.  Top speed is not that high.  I've never measured the time say over a 6ft length at full speed, playing train's later so can let know you later. 

Edited by IOW O2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Woodcock29 said:

It seems to run ok most of the time but certainbly doesn;'t have a very high top speed,.....

Hope this helps you, over 1.5m/4ft 11", full speed 2.3 secs, 80% 3.5 as secs.

• Thanks 1

I recently managed to get hold of a pre-owned "KOYLI" from Harburn Hobbies. It looks as if it had never been out of the box. I want to add the buffer beam details to one end, but was surprised to find that there were no pre-drilled holes on the buffer beam as is the case on all my other diesel models. There are certainly pre-drilled holes on my Accurascale 37.

Is it a matter of getting out my pin chuck and doing it myself?

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, matchmaker said:

I recently managed to get hold of a pre-owned "KOYLI" from Harburn Hobbies. It looks as if it had never been out of the box. I want to add the buffer beam details to one end, but was surprised to find that there were no pre-drilled holes on the buffer beam as is the case on all my other diesel models. There are certainly pre-drilled holes on my Accurascale 37.

They just glue into the little recesses. I’d remove any paint off the end of the detail part with some wet and dry paper before gluing as the paint may part company with the plastic of the detail part and it won’t stay stuck

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, matchmaker said:

https://accurascale.customerdesk.io/#rp-customer-widget-faq-84f3cd19-1657-43c9-87b1-605a84e4e6a2

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1