KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

9 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Excellent! I'll keep a close eye.

Is there any chance of updating your website or this thread with the number of orders? Or atleast a percentage of it? So we'll know how far along we're getting with it?

The N Gauge has only 22% of where we need to be secure enough to proceed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Is the 00 model still open for new orders?

Until we give the factory the final number the order line is still open.  The first payment will be a combined deposit and 2nd payment to bring you inline with existing customers.

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, truffy said:

Cast chassis? Is that metal or resin?

I don’t see the point in that question. It’s pretty obvious that it will be a cast metal chassis. I don’t recall any other modern manufacturer that would make a cast resin chassis. 

• Agree 2

ISTR that Silverfox has an oil drum kit in resin. I suppose you could argue that that’s moulded rather than cast, in which case fair dos; or that it’s a kit rather than complete model, in which case fair dos to a lesser extent. 

But I stand by my question and thank you for your, albeit discourteous, reply. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, truffy said:

ISTR that Silverfox has an oil drum kit in resin. I suppose you could argue that that’s moulded rather than cast, in which case fair dos; or that it’s a kit rather than complete model, in which case fair dos to a lesser extent. 

Have you paid any money to this scheme?  If not, what are you trying to achieve with your question?

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

The order book is still open.  What is the purpose of your question?

Sorry Dave, I wasn't thinking when I posted what I did. Who would think that a resin chassis would work?

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, 96701 said:

Have you paid any money to this scheme?  

No. 

7 hours ago, 96701 said:

If not, what are you trying to achieve with your question?

To determine whether I might be interested. It's a little out of my normal scope, as is the Caley 812, and so would be an LNER W1, but I'm willing to apply rule#1 for something unusual that appeals to me.

Why are you so defensive/aggressive?

6 hours ago, 96701 said:

Sorry Dave, I wasn't thinking when I posted what I did. Who would think that a resin chassis would work?

No, it was me that wasn't thinking. :blush:

Of course a resin chassis wouldn't work. But all chassis are metal AFAIK, which is why I confused the reference to casting with that of the body.

Dumkopf mich! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 96701 said:

Sorry Phil I should have said 'questions' 

8 hours ago, 96701 said:

Have you paid any money to this scheme?

The inference of this one is 'If you haven't paid in you're not part of it/shut up' 

I actually think the metal/resin question isn't unreasonable, the spec listed on the order page is rather 'light' and just says 'cast',  a prospective purchaser without much modelling knowledge may not know that it's probably going to be metal, they may also not know what the body is to be as that could easily be cast metal, cast resin or an injected plastic one.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, truffy said:

Hi Nigel,

It is a cast metal chassis to give it weight and traction.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

A bit of an off the wall question, but will there be any surplus/spare bodyshells available for those of us awkward sods who would like to go down alternative paths?

It's just that being a Yorkshireman I don't fancy chucking a complete set of mechanical underpinnings away!

http://www.highlevelkits.co.uk/gt3page.html

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

A bit of an off the wall question, but will there be any surplus/spare bodyshells available for those of us awkward sods who would like to go down alternative paths?

It's just that being a Yorkshireman I don't fancy chucking a complete set of mechanical underpinnings away!

Mike.

Now there's an interesting idea....

Appeals to those who like loco construction, whilst at the same time (assuming the bodyshell is delivered to the recipient in undamaged condition) making money without any risk of warranty returns etc. due to faulty mechanicals.

Form a queue :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

We will be carrying some spares but not many.  If your loco is defective then yes we will swap it right away.  We'll be mostly carrying sound decoders and motors, and some chassis.

5 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

I think Mike may be wondering if he will be able to obtain just the bodies of the loco and tender to mate with the HighLevel chassis so he can build his model to P4 (or perhaps) EM standards.  Those who model to the wider gauges (especially P4) usually find that the 00 chassis is surplus as adding springing/compensation to improve running and current collection and replacing the wheels in the 00 chassis is not possible,

Stan

3 hours ago, Stanley Melrose said:

I think Mike may be wondering if he will be able to obtain just the bodies of the loco and tender to mate with the HighLevel chassis so he can build his model to P4 (or perhaps) EM standards.  Those who model to the wider gauges (especially P4) usually find that the 00 chassis is surplus as adding springing/compensation to improve running and current collection and replacing the wheels in the 00 chassis is not possible,

Stan

Hi Stan,

The resin kit is still available if he wants to use that for kit building.  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, KR Models said:

Hi Stan,

The resin kit is still available if he wants to use that for kit building.  

With respect, if the resin kit was any good then no one would be buying yours? The whole point, I hope, of your exercise is to bring out a state of the art model using modern technology.

As my good friend Stan has elucidated, rebuilding a RTR chassis is not always the best route to a finer scale solution, luckily in this case other options are available.

I fully understand that this is a route that you may not want to be going down, so in the words of the dragons, I'm out.

Mike.

33 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

With respect, if the resin kit was any good then no one would be buying yours?

Have you built one?

model.jpg.cc3296224864185792184edbc80e54b2.jpg

I think not.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6