Titfield Thunderbolt 70th Anniversary Range

rapidoandy

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Oh please don’t mock the afflicted  ..🤭

At least they haven't got The Beatles plastered over them.🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

My "Inspired by" wagon pack arrived in Australia this afternoon.

20240223_151405.jpg.03d47699f30c9bf8efda43bfe0d0b5a3.jpg

Very happy with them. The quality of the prints on the models is incredibly high quality &  they are very free rolling. 

20240223_155820.jpg.6b3409b9f5a5ee189f343ef93824a631.jpg

Titfield - Mallingford Mixed? 

I just have one nit pick.

In the package was some flyers which is understandable to promote new & existing models. 

20240223_144118.jpg.bad61f79c5c801a57b30df81d8ad87fb.jpg

But I think I got a one of every single one. 20 in total. Most printed on fairly thick paper/card. 

My nit pick is that all together they weigh quite a bit (almost as much as the wagon pack) and I hope it wasn't included in the postage cost (which was £35) & they were just included to make they most of the international postage costs. 

Other than that I'm very happy with the wagons and I'm looking forward to customising them with some loads and weathering... 🫢

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I have a spare buffet car (still in its box unopened) but I'm afraid that I will not be able to post it its buyer collects only. Its in South Essex, if anyone's interested.

Does anyone know if the 'Titfield Inspired' wagon packs are still in stock anywhere?

I originally had a pre-order with Hattons, but after they shut down, moved it to one of the few retailers still showing them as available to order.
However, after chasing today, it turns out that they'd already sold out of their allocation when they took my order so aren't able to fulfil it or source any more from Rapido.

EDIT: As posted below, I've now been able to source one, thanks.

Edited by LittleRedTrain
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Does anyone know if the 'Titfield Inspired' wagon packs are still in stock anywhere?

I originally had a pre-order with Hattons, but after they shut down, moved it to one of the few retailers still showing them as available to order.
However, after chasing today, it turns out that they'd already sold out of their allocation when they took my order so aren't able to fulfil it or source any more from Rapido.

PM sent. 

Rob

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips, I've now managed to source one from B&H Models in Lincoln. Full RRP but offset by the postage being free!
Another retailer did claim that, although they didn't have any in stock, they would be able to get more from Rapido, but given Rapido had already said they've sold out, I'm not sure I wanted to rely on that.

Although I moved a lot of my pre-orders from Hattons to Rails, they had already stopped taking orders for this set by that point, so I want to another, usually reliable, retailer, and it seems it was just of a bit of an unfortunate oversight that they hadn't closed pre-orders when Rapido closed the order book.

• Like 1

Has anyone else had problems with the loriot that Dans house sits on?  Mine keeps derailing and pulling off everything coupled to it. I think the couplings are too tight and not swinging round enough. I don’t want to waggle em too much in case they snap off. 

any thoughts? Ta :) 

Edited by Tiddles47
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Tiddles47 said:

Has anyone else had problems with the low MAC that Dans house sits on?  Mine keeps derailing and pulling off everything coupled to it. I think the couplings are too tight and not swinging round enough. I don’t want to waggle em too much in case they snap off. 

any thoughts? Ta :) 

Hello - this could be the back-to-backs on the wheels which on a long wheelbase wagon need to be spot-on. What is the back-to-back measurement?

• Informative/Useful 1

24 minutes ago, RapidoCorbs said:

Hello - this could be the back-to-backs on the wheels which on a long wheelbase wagon need to be spot-on. What is the back-to-back measurement?

Hi Corbs. Thanks for quick response. The b2b measurement is 15mm on both axles. 

Edited by Tiddles47
  • Like 1

I had a 'dead corner' on my layout so I've created a small diorama with an interpretation of Tifield. There's defo a chunk of modellers licence going on but I wanted a spot to show off these fabulous models. The station building is a Peco lasercut kit.

20240313_145920.jpg.1a1d818f7b1cfc77f0f99deb0ab7d278.jpg

20240313_162556.jpg.a57fdebbf0603ce48140fc857160e6f1.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Tried using the search function, but it never seems to work well for me on my mobile, so apologies if this has been covered. 

Is there an option to buy a DCC sound decoder for a DC Titfield Thunderbolt train set? Looking at the Rapido website, I can only find a Lion option, which I assume is not the same. 

I was bought a DC version and would like to upgrade it. 

Thanks,

Roy 

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

I can only find a Lion option, which I assume is not the same. 

12 of the sound functions on the Titfield version are extracts from the soundtrack of the film

• Agree 1

As I am here.....has anymore been said recently about the delivery of the Crump coach? It seems to be a completely different timeline to the railway items.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Tried using the search function, but it never seems to work well for me on my mobile, so apologies if this has been covered. 

Is there an option to buy a DCC sound decoder for a DC Titfield Thunderbolt train set? Looking at the Rapido website, I can only find a Lion option, which I assume is not the same. 

I was bought a DC version and would like to upgrade it. 

Thanks,

Roy 

You have a DM

Gary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Pteremy said:

As I am here.....has anymore been said recently about the delivery of the Crump coach? It seems to be a completely different timeline to the railway items.

Yes it's in the paint shop at the moment with the (delayed) Bedford OBs. Hopefully Q3 2024.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2