Titfield Thunderbolt 70th Anniversary Range

rapidoandy

20 hours ago, Obsidian Quarry said:

I will not say the quote, no matter how much my Titfield fan brain is telling me to! 😄

I have managed to procure a correct type CooperCraft GWR cattle wagon kit off eBay. Just need to get that built/painted, the 14xx repainted, and get some weathering on them 👍

My buffet car arrived a couple of days ago- it's a lovely thing, and I'm looking forward to the train pack arriving. Thinking about it, I've got one of those Coopercraft cattle wagons in a box of unbuilt kits somewhere, and suddenly, for the first time in my life, I realise I need to buy a 14xx. 

As someone who's never felt tempted to model the GWR, Is this just a one-off thing, or am I on a slippery slope towards Swindon that will end in collecting pannier tanks and Castles? 😁

• Like 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, Invicta said:

As someone who's never felt tempted to model the GWR, Is this just a one-off thing, or am I on a slippery slope towards Swindon that will end in collecting pannier tanks and Castles? 

I'm not much of a GWR fan either to be fair, but I do own two 14xx models for non-GWR purposes so I wouldn't worry too much 😉

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

2023-11-0910_12_49.jpg.d38ca520cb6d9c0b4b38a4cd000420b7.jpg

Rapido buffet car and Toad from the thunderbolt set, plus a Coppercraft cattle van painted in what seems to be a good match for the film (Vallejo 943 grey blue) the cattle van seems to be sitting too high, and it's overly well built, so I have only roughly painted it as it will be taken apart and rebuilt (I got it pre-built second hand) Suppose I should remove the top feed on the Hornby 14xx and repaint that as well while I'm at it!

Gary

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

I had the opportunity to run my Titfield set for the first time last night. The locomotive ran beautifully and the sounds emitted were superb. One minor point though, the packet containing the figures fell out and five minutes were spent scrabbling about on the floor looking for them. Perhaps a pocket could be added to foam lining for them?

• Like 1

My de-trunked BR-numbered pair of Tram Cars arrived today, with some track to test and run on (7mm stuff being a tad too broad gauge). What little beauties they are, and the Model Rail Tram will be soon be seeing the light of day.

A little later the postie left a package containing 3 unopened and complete Coopercraft kits for the Cattle Wagon, which I came across late last Thursday on a more obscure selling site - not having found any unsold in the usual places.

Oh deep and frabjous joy.

• Like 5

I received my Titfield Pack in Australia a few weeks ago. 

Very happy with it especially the sound files! My only criticisms are you can't add the Rev & Bishop to the footplate of 'Thunderbolt' if you wish to store it in the box. (Atleast not without modifying the plastic clamshell.)

And the water filling sound should have ended with the quarrel between Dan & Rev on their first day of operations. 

20231031_194030.jpg.93410a6c4be13cb793747a7f8bea76f2.jpg

Overall a fantastic model! Can't wait to receive my Tramway Coach

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

“We want the Titfield Thunderbolt!”

THUNDERBOLT01-Co.jpg.a4eb9db13e146e9f75da355d65eb98c2.jpg

Watching the film again, I noticed an inconsistency - when the train passes the overbridge, the retractable chimney on Dan's house is on the starboard side, whereas when the train arrives in Mallingford it's on the port side...   Doubtless noticed before, but confused me for the photo!

Edited by greatcoleswoodhalt
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My standard set arrived last week. Its brilliant. Even though I already had it on preoreder I ended up buying Lion when it came out. All three models in the set plus the other coach are fantastic. Congratulations to rapido on a brilliant model. I'm very impressed and really looking forward to the Jones goods. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...