The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

2 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

Indeed and more to follow no doubt before the 21/22 season starts as I have big doubts whether many leagues will have a 20/21 season.

one suspects some sort of truncated season will take place minus cups 

All that money in the Premiership but it doesn't go down... If all of the Prem players gave up a week's pay they would probably solve all the issues in the lower leagues...

• Agree 2

Pleased to see Bayern Munich take their League and Cup Double.

Now if only Raith Rovers (my Scottish team) could do the same..

Mind you, promotion beckons this season.

steve

• RMweb Gold
On 01/07/2020 at 13:27, peanuts said:

The whole sale and then four weeks later administration business seems unusual. 
And that’s without some of the strange rumours going around.

The EFL are a disgrace regarding Wigan's plight. 4 weeks and...administration!!!!. Rick Parry "suggesting" large bet being placed in the Far East on Wigan's relegation. The EFL should be under severe scrutiny about Bury FC"S problems (pre Covid19) and now Wigan Athletic FC. Who's next?

As far as the Premier League management is concerned they are equally clueless. Richard Masters, Chief Exec, was surprised Liverpool fans took to the streets after thir first league victory in 30 years. Really??? What planet is he on?Obviously no understanding of what makes a football fan tick.

As a Man Utd fan I was in tears inside Old Trafford when the 1993 Premier League was presented after 26 years. ( I was there for the previous one in 1967). When the Glazer takeover was announced my first instinct was to go to the forecourt at Old Trafford to protest.I knew what the future held. Cash cow.

These clueless idiots are ruining our game....and I mean "our" game because as Sir Matt Busby said "Football is nothing without the fans".

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 06/07/2020 at 08:25, steve1 said:

Pleased to see Bayern Munich take their League and Cup Double.

Now if only Raith Rovers (my Scottish team) could do the same..

Mind you, promotion beckons this season.

steve

They'll be dancing in the streets of Raith!

Mike.

• Funny 2

Wigan's plight is indeed very sad and worrying, but if they are not docked the standard 12 points for going into administration, what does that say to all the other clubs in the Championship who have managed to keep themselves afloat ? It does remain to be seen of course if any other clubs end up in the same situation, that would certainly change things.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Kendo54 said:

I have just read that Jock Stein said that. Either way a great Manager from Scotland.!!!

Another great manager from Scotland once said  - "At a football club, there’s a holy trinity: the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, jonny777 said:

Another great manager from Scotland once said  - "At a football club, there’s a holy trinity: the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

Running a village pub is very similar.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

They'll be dancing in the streets of Raith!

Mike.

As Jeff Stilling said on Sky Sports when TNS won the Welsh league...

They’ll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight.

Brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

17 hours ago, steve1 said:

Tottenham 2 - 1 Ars*nal

I'll happily take those 3 points!

steve

After the Bournemouth fiasco I didn't hold out much hope, cant wait for this season to be over! 

• Agree 1

Jose is still "The Man".   MUFC should have gone for him in 2013 when Ferguson retired.  Instead they let Moyes and Van Gaal make matters worse and then handed Jose a poisoned chalice. As for "Ole's at the wheel". Sunday's team selection would indicate otherwise !!!!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Kendo54 said:

Jose is still "The Man".   MUFC should have gone for him in 2013 when Ferguson retired.  Instead they let Moyes and Van Gaal make matters worse and then handed Jose a poisoned chalice. As for "Ole's at the wheel". Sunday's team selection would indicate otherwise !!!!

Remember how much time Ferguson was given to succeed at United. He was very close to getting his P45 in the early days.

Had Moyes and Van Gaal been given the same length of time, they may well have succeeded. Whether that success would have come with the style and flair that the prawn sandwich brigade expect at Old Trafford is another question.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Kendo54 said:

I don't know. I just read that David De Gea is getting 375000 pound a week. A bargain in my opinion!

Now Arsenal to go and the cups back at the Bridge!