The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

There’s a rumour that when football resumes, that clubs will be forced to play the furthest distance away from where the majority of their fans are based to minmise the risk of Covid-19.

Therefore, Man United will be playing at Old Trafford.

• Like 2
  • Funny 11

It was hard as a fan owned club in before this crisis but the fans have come to the fore again as we have had to do many times! -Darlo and proud!!!

Club statement- 
Boost The Budget has today passed the initial target of £100,000 - an incredible effort from you and over 450 other Darlo fans. Thank you for your pledge. With 6 days to go we are now hoping to better last year's total of £104,300.

CEO David Johnston praises the fans highly for their fundraising efforts in an interview with Ray Simpson that you can watch here and has asked fans to keep contributing, with his personal target set at £120,000. David also gives an update on player recruitment and planning for next season - whenever that may be.

Manager Alun Armstrong, who signed an extended contract last week said: "It's been a fantastic effort by the fans to reach £100,000 for the second successive year, even more so in these difficult times. Please keep contributing though, we need to raise as much as possible for the challenges ahead. The more you raise, the stronger we will be."

Boost The Budget was first launched in 2017 by DFCSG and in total has now raised over £300,000. All Boost The Budget funds are invested into the Club, making us more competitive on and off the pitch. Chris Stockdale, Chair of DFCSG said: "I'm more amazed than ever at the response from our supporters this year given the ongoing pandemic - its far beyond our initial expectations and now we hope to beat last season's total. I'd like to thank each and every person who has pledged so far, large and small. Together these funds will help us build a stronger Club going into next season and beyond."

Boost The Budget 20/21 will close at midnight on Sunday May 31st.

Click here to make your pledge

Copyright © 2020 Darlington Football Club, All rights reserved. 
You are receiving this email as a fan of Darlington FC who supplied their email address to us. From time to time we will email you with special offers. If you do not wish to receive these offers you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the email. 

Our mailing address is: 
Darlington Football Club

Blackwell Meadows

Grange Road

Darlington, County Durham  DL1 5NR

United Kingdom

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list. 

7F05BD4A-04F1-4CA6-9126-1EEC9DF46B8E.jpeg

Edited by 43110andyb
Predictive text correction

Keep an eye on Channel 64 on Freeview - Portuguese "Div 1" on last night - extreamly eerie with no crowd.

They cover quite a few leagues inc. Italy & Spain. Also US MSL but nuff said about that the better!!

• Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, Bill Radford said:

Keep an eye on Channel 64 on Freeview - Portuguese "Div 1" on last night - extreamly eerie with no crowd.

They cover quite a few leagues inc. Italy & Spain. Also US MSL but nuff said about that the better!!

Just watching Benfica now on Virgin 553. I don't like the "crowd noise" at all! Hope we don't get this, I was looking forward to hearing polite request's from the players for fouls, corners etc ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, newbryford said:

Congratulations to Liverpool.

It was always going to happen.  Just a question of when. Fortunately Chelsea stopped it dragging on.

10 hours ago, newbryford said:

Congratulations to Liverpool.

Yep, they stand alongside Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City in having won just one PL title.  :P

Seriously though, it’s been an incredible run for Liverpool.

All their PL challengers have faltered badly this season, which has helped immensely And left an open field, but the points difference suggests they would have probably won anyway with their performances. So credit where it’s due.

• Agree 3

Quite the emotional night, couldn't sleep, not sure how many videos and reports I watched. It's been well over 30 years since I left Liverpool, but still manage to watch as many games as possible. Congratulations to Liverpool, the Club, Manager, Team, Staff and Fans.

Watching Klopp get emotional on Sky Sports, wow, that's why he is loved by the fans, he gets it!

If you want a good laugh, check out the "Where's Gary?" Video.

• RMweb Gold

Obviously, as a fourth generation Blue, this is not easy for me.

But Liverpool do so deserve the title for their amazing play this year. Just a pity that they could not win the title on a day when they were playing.

I always thought that Klopp would be the man to bring them this success. A true gentleman who does not let his passion and excitement ever go over to denigrating his rivals. I have always thought of him as the true successor to Bill Shankly - and now he is. I am truly made up for him.

I thought that James Milner also gave a great TV interview last night. What a great pro he has been everywhere that he has played.

• Like 1

People say fans of other teams can be bitter, but at times like this you've got to be a genuine football fan. Their fans have waited decades for this moment and some weren't even born the last time. It must be said.

Well done Barrow, welcome back to the Football League after 48 years.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Butler Henderson said:

A mural on the outside of Meadow Lane that other clubs could do with copying

ML Mural.jpg

Why would we all want to put odd looking birds outside our grounds?

As for the NHS thing. Have you seen the other grounds and things the clubs have done for the NHS?

Just a taster.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1659199

Jason

47 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Why would we all want to put odd looking birds outside our grounds?

As for the NHS thing. Have you seen the other grounds and things the clubs have done for the NHS?

Well obviously other clubs with have their own motifs but the article I saw implied that it was unique-ish; might have been referring to outside of that overhyped league.

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Butler Henderson said:

Indeed and more to follow no doubt before the 21/22 season starts as I have big doubts whether many leagues will have a 20/21 season.

What are the chances of relaxing certain rules?