Outon Road

RBE

Thanks guys, glad you like the progress so far. Well theres been a little more development over the past few days so heres a few photos. Still got to run the airbrush over the trackwork but starting to get there now I think. Im really starting to think getting the OHLE done for mansfield in now a task too far. The deadline looms and I have so many more pressing tasks still to complete.

Cav

post-6894-0-30222900-1329040982_thumb.jpg

It's all about the waiting

post-6894-0-09358800-1329041052_thumb.jpg

A nodding donkey leans around the curve on it's way to Bradford

post-6894-0-25692800-1329041090_thumb.jpg

Light engine 37 makes it's way to west yard

post-6894-0-48931300-1329041125_thumb.jpg

37707 again trundling by

post-6894-0-90312500-1329041154_thumb.jpg

31 461 makes for the headshunt while the yard pilot assembles it's engineering quarry in Outon Road sidings

hi mate, looking better and better by every picture, i really love the last one with the 31 in front of the fence, so realistic.

Think i might quit now hahaha

cant wait to see it in the flesh, not long now mate

Oh yes Id forgotten. Here it is. A proper fast postal service.

Cav

post-6894-0-08314200-1328614238_thumb.jpg

Just to say the recipient loved his gift. It gives whole new meaning to self loading freight!

The bad news is he DROPPED it on the way home, so there is a small amount damage to repair :this: Not sure what, as he has not brought it in yet, but I gather a scuff on the front and a new bogie...

Hi Cav,

The new bit is looking great, I actually ordered an ID backscene like yours myself. I had been looking for something which had houses in the distance changing to factories/ warehouses and I think the one you used should do the trick.

Cheers Peter.

Yes - well impressed you have captured this all very well.

What freight flows are you intending to run?

Also a good and informative website re: Mansfield Show - a possibility - although Preston and District MRS is the same weekend - and a matter of a "liquid" :rolleyes: Diesel Event on Bury ELR - going to be an expensive weekend - I must remember to buy the wife some flowers..

Cheers for the big up guys. Well not a lot done since the last set but heres a quick pic of the track. I still need to airbrush it but Ive now added point motors for the yard entrance and some haphazardly laid wiring. Dont usually see wiring strewn around but was looking through some books the other day and saw a yard where the cabling was laid visible and thought it would make a nice detail. These days of course it would be off to the scrap yard in minutes to be weighed in!!

Cav

post-6894-0-04888400-1329226399_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys, I could bury the wire a bit Jon but I really need to get the airbrush out soon and get the track finished!! :O Its taking an age it seems!! Still not much more to do to make it presentable now. The adaptions to phase 1 are the next step and a complete re-wire before mansfield. That said does anyone know anyone that does really cheap PAT testing, the Mickleover show want all my equipment PAT testing for the show in May which I've not had to have before grr.

Cav

• RMweb Premium

Only just seen this thread........... but to clarify earlier posts.

Jan 21st at Mickleover was the 7mm Narrow gauge event at Mickleover. Nothing to do with Mickleover Model Railway Group.

The May Event is the Derby Model Railway exhibition organised by Mickleover Model Railway Group at Moorways Leisure Centre (see Signature (Advert) below. Invited layouts in all gauges and full trade support including Outon Road this year. This is the exhibition that replaced the April event that use to be held at the Assembly Rooms, Derby.

First full Weekend in October is The Mickleover Exhibition at Mickleover Community Centre, again organised by Mickleover Model Railway Group. A smaller exhibition generally with Club layouts and club members layouts only and a local trade support.

I hope this helps

Haha cheers Andy. It helps not using that peco rubbish! Course a bit of patience with three different bags of ballast and a tiny paintbrush helps too. I've airbrushed it now but still not 100% happy that its bedded in properly.

Cav

post-6894-0-40608600-1329431619_thumb.jpg

Archived