EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Just had an e-mail from e-bay with "items you are interested are ending soon"

Really? Since when have I been interested in a Hornby Hymek or a Triang class 31?

Also linked to wre a load more old diesels.

That's is nothing remotely connected to what I have bought on e-bay apart from that a few were toy trains!

Keith

Edited by melmerby

I had an Ebay email from Ebay that an O gauge wagon I was watching had sold but there was a similar item they had found that I may be interested in - An 009 scratchbuilt loco . The only similarity being they were both models!

I wasnt interested in the O gauge only to use the picture for ideas on weathering/decorating OO wagons.

Also HRF and Swiss outline. That's basically a perfect storm for very high prices. Even those are probably quite cheap - I would have expected them to top 1000 Euro each - when you consider how difficult they are to obtain and how expensive they were when the original batch was produced. Late friend of mine somehow managed to acquire a Re4/4 by HRF - all I have to do now is remember which box it's in.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

Just had an e-mail from e-bay with "items you are interested are ending soon"

Really? Since when have I been interested in a Hornby Hymek or a Triang class 31?

Also linked to wre a load more old diesels.

That's is nothing remotely connected to what I have bought on e-bay apart from that a few were toy trains!

Keith

The automated emails don't seem to be able to cope with you excluding something from a search - e.g. I always exclude Hornby (-Hornby) and so I get lots of emails showing Hornby stuff...

• RMweb Premium

The automated emails don't seem to be able to cope with you excluding something from a search - e.g. I always exclude Hornby (-Hornby) and so I get lots of emails showing Hornby stuff...

Except I haven't searched for anything railway related recently apart from a book about Pullman cars.

Previous to that was a Gresley carriage, In between was bits of electronic guff.

All completely unrelated to the subject of the e-mail

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Except I haven't searched for anything railway related recently apart from a book about Pullman cars.

Previous to that was a Gresley carriage, In between was bits of electronic guff.

All completely unrelated to the subject of the e-mail

Keith

Bear in mind the Google knows everywhere you've been and everything you have done and tells everybody.

Mike.

Hand made brass models. What do you think they are worth?

A polite and informative response, such as that given by Horsetan, might have better; after all I did ask if I'd missed anything (turns out I had due to eBay's revised presentation methods) and 'why they were so costly?' {sic}

Sometimes I really do wonder (whilst counting to ten slowly).

Edited by leopardml2341

A polite and informative response, such as that given by Horsetan, might have better; after all I did ask if I'd missed anything (turns out I had due to eBay's revised presentation methods) and 'why they were so costly?' {sic}

Sometimes I really do wonder (whilst counting to ten slowly).

Anything labelled HRF is basically "name your price". Very exclusive.

Here we have a selection of items for sale. A boxed Hornby Dublo level crossing in box. Part of a platform and a single stair from a footbridge. An electric train with a selection of track in a nice substantial wooden box.

Postage to uk mainland only.

So, the loco is just a part of the items for sale?

Not a very good way of marketing.... ;)

• RMweb Premium

In a different class to the last Post.  Do we think Airfix Tender Drive Scot masquerading as a Bachmann Jubillee?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-6-0-ROYAL-SCOT-REBUILT-JUBILEE-CLASS-B-R-46100-31-251-Bachmann-RAILWAYS/401608641735?epid=1857270538&hash=item5d81bd8cc7:g:n80AAOSwt5Fbo6~O

Ray

So a Jubilee is a rebuilt Royal Scot? I know the LMS did strange things with 2F & 3F 0-6-0s rebuilding them up & down, depending on what boilers were fitted during the rebuild (but keeping their numbers), but generally speaking, locos weren't rebuilt into smaller locos.

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Premium

Okay... This one has got me scratching my head:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N-Gauge-Farish-Class-47-Islambard-Kingdom-Brunel-D1662-BR-locomotive-in-G-cond/323482911082?hash=item4b5115816a:g:1G0AAOSwF2FbtoDE

Only one pic of the underside and it is definitely not a Class 47, not enough wheels so gawd knows what will land on your doormat from this lot!!!

• RMweb Gold

Okay... This one has got me scratching my head:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N-Gauge-Farish-Class-47-Islambard-Kingdom-Brunel-D1662-BR-locomotive-in-G-cond/323482911082?hash=item4b5115816a:g:1G0AAOSwF2FbtoDE

Only one pic of the underside and it is definitely not a Class 47, not enough wheels so gawd knows what will land on your doormat from this lot!!!

Looks like the N gauge AL6.

Darius

Looks like the N gauge AL6.

Darius

That's be my guess too. Mind you, given the quality and prototype fidelity of Lima's  N offerings, for all I know it might be the 31 or the Deltic ;).

Edited by PatB