The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
Fart is Danish for speed

And as "Fahrt" is German for trip or journey. Hence it is normal to have travel tickets from German-speaking countries marked "1 Fahrt"" or "Ein Fahrt". Multi-trip tickets are sometimes "Fahrtkarte". Ski-lift or cable-car tickets might even be shown as "Bergfahrt" and there are other variations on the theme.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=cJNn1FwjOQQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DcJNn1FwjOQQ

Wildly amusing to a young student when I lived in North Carolina in the early 80s. A style of dancing to US beach music. One of the more interesting language differences between us and North America.

Was amusing that you could quite legitimately ask a girl in a nightclub "do you fancy a sh*g"

Neil

Edited by Downendian

Weybridge. Sorry about the quality - taken on an Instamatic and scanned in 35mm format.

Why didn't they just chalk the correct time on the blackboard - then it would have been correct twice a day instead of always wrong. ("What time is it Eccles?")

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Charlton Station, one snowy day in 1974, when the 3-day week was in full swing, power stations were short of coal, and the striking miners were tightening their grip on the UK. A sign outside read "Owing to a prayer by the miners, and an answer from God, services are subject to delay and cancellation"

• Like 5

In pets at home today - but not enough light to take a pic:

"Cat treats. £1.50 Two for £10.00"

Mind you, to be fair - they did have a boy racer take that corner of the store out a couple of weeks back - drove the car through the brick wall.

Edited by Coombe Barton

• RMweb Premium

In a similar manner - and without wishing to cause offence of any sort - I have seen spoof donor cards marked "Doner Card - I would like to help someone live after my death by offering them my kebab".

I don't carry one. Some things aren't as amusing as they might at first seem.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=cJNn1FwjOQQ

Wildly amusing to a young student when I lived in North Carolina in the early 80s. A style of dancing to US beach music. One of the more interesting language differences between us and North America.

Was amusing that you could quite legitimately ask a girl in a nightclub "do you fancy a sh*g"

Neil

But did she have a fanny bag ?

Two nations divided by a common language.....

I'm not going out in the rain to get a picture but on our village notice board there is the message:

MONDAY CLUB

2.30pm every Wednesday.

"Indoors if wet"?

Welcome to crewe, genuine banner i spotted earlier.....

Laugh or cry? You decide

Meanwhile, much further South in Enfield.......

post-6879-0-68247300-1351462948_thumb.jpg

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Welcome to crewe, genuine banner i spotted earlier, had to turn around and photograph it

73F6932D-0388-4700-81F6-52D643256B50-644-0000006E3826544A.jpg

Laugh or cry? You decide

Even more worrying when you think how old the grandchild must be to be able to decorate a banner and fix it 4 feet up a set of railings

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to crewe, genuine banner i spotted earlier, had to turn around and photograph it

Laugh or cry? You decide

Well ......... you can lawfully be a grandparent at 33 (2x16 years old plus 2x9-month pregnancies = 33). It's theoretically possible at 32 if both generations have extremely premature children but unlikely. On the other hand given the average age claimed for the required social activity is now more like 14 ......

..... it still isn't likely that a 2-year old has put up the banner :no:

• Like 1