Bachmann announce Mk2f's

newbryford

A tooling adjustment would be required ..As in head light as fitted to "Blue" 47/7s

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcusgilmour/29744057708

Not necessarily, there are photos of 47710 on Flickr at Glasgow QS from November 1984 in BR Blue with square headlight. It had the car headlight in August that year. There may be others but it's a tight timeframe before being repainted in scotrail livery too

I think those two have the same problem of using the car headlight in large logo livery and square only in scotrail livery onwards

They could do 47 702 Saint Cuthbert in BR Blue with Grey roof - provided they use a Flush No 2 cab end bodyshell. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eastfield/8710837703/in/photolist-iFdyuP-ntJL3V-egKjyX-fukFW1-oofAPx-iKoc4G-PGidxv-jbhPBG-jbfvjV-fBgsx4-iqSg1g-9GYwQ1-9siQjq-nJNtv5-nLNkK1

They could do 47 702 Saint Cuthbert in BR Blue with Grey roof - provided they use a Flush No 2 cab end bodyshell. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eastfield/8710837703/in/photolist-iFdyuP-ntJL3V-egKjyX-fukFW1-oofAPx-iKoc4G-PGidxv-jbhPBG-jbfvjV-fBgsx4-iqSg1g-9GYwQ1-9siQjq-nJNtv5-nLNkK1

and that one looks to have a scotrail liveried coach in the rake too to break things up a bit...... 

• Like 1

I think those two have the same problem of using the car headlight in large logo livery and square only in scotrail livery onwards

47712 ran with the square headlight for a short while before going over to ScotRail livery.... as mentioned though you are only talking about a small window - still, Rule 1 applies :)

Here here! For DRS Mk2Fs in 2019 range. 

37402 is currently receiving a F exam at LORAM Debry, with 37419 (inc. LL livery) next. Followed by 37425 (inc. LL livery), then possibly 405 or 422 (yet neither certain)(403 hire ends soon and shall be back off to preservation). Certainly medium term plans for the /4 as they are a versatile locomotive. 

37/0s have all received F exams recently, so won't be going (well 038, 059, 069, 218 not 259)(the remaining 37/6s are on borrowed time). The DBSOs won't be going to Fife as they cannot work with the class 68, plus more importantly, the 68 diagrams end soon! The only use the DBSOs might have is, acting as a BSO within the Anglia Short Set as per 9704 has done previously. 

.... who said the Cumbrian was over? On hire until the 25th Jan, so they shall be out again! 

Of course, both Bachmann and Hornby have missed a trick in the last 3 years and bring out train sets of the Cumbrian. Would have been an extremely popular offering to those not previously modelling. By the end of the summer, the 37s and Mk2fs shall not be used daily and the magic (thus opportunity) to model shall start to fade. It is a huge disappointment of mine that neither manufacturer has cashed in on the DRS Mk2e/f.

Pretty sure that the class 37s on Cumbrian Coast have been finished. 156s taken over on there now.

Hi guys,

I'm a novice with the uploading of pictures (and can't quite work it yet); I've just lined up (just bought) a full 9 coach rake which has now been unboxed in my kitchen with the lights turned on - it's really stunning. You can tell the different class of seats etc. The Brake carriage at the back is stunning for level of lighting. For anyone out there pondering whether to buy the dcc version- go for it. It's a few bob more and requires a bit of saving, but by back it's worth it.

• RMweb Gold

Pretty sure that the class 37s on Cumbrian Coast have been finished. 156s taken over on there now.

On last bash, Friday 11th Jan, 0952 Carlilse to Carnforth 1300a / 1310d & vv. Top and Tailed arrives back at 1615.

Souvenir ticket, invitation only, £37 for charity, 180 seats, lottery style draw for seats, drawn Tuesday Jan 8th.

Enter here

https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/news/latest-news/2174-special-cumbrian-service-to-commemorate-class-37s

Times here

outward

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/S43922/2019/01/11/advanced

Return

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/S43923/2019/01/11/advanced

Edited by adb968008

(Struggling with crappy camera)

rake of 9 !   that's some investment.

ideally Bachmann are already looking at transferring the tech from the Mk2f range of DCC coaches into the Mk1 and early Mk2 ranges of coaches (it might necessitate a retool though to incorporate the roof with bodyshell as one unit for the Mk1 family to avoid light bleed through all the joins).

Be good see on all the Mk1s but really they should get the buffets/restaurant buffets and BGs dcc fitted first off. 

this is only a matter of time and would raise the bar even higher on the Mk1s.

• RMweb Premium

rake of 9 ! that's some investment.

ideally Bachmann are already looking at transferring the tech from the Mk2f range of DCC coaches into the Mk1 and early Mk2 ranges of coaches (it might necessitate a retool though to incorporate the roof with bodyshell as one unit for the Mk1 family to avoid light bleed through all the joins).

Be good see on all the Mk1s but really they should get the buffets/restaurant buffets and BGs dcc fitted first off.

this is only a matter of time and would raise the bar even higher on the Mk1s.

Bachmann has only recently retooled the rooves of its Mk1 coaches so I suspect that is unlikely for now. The Mk2/2a are possible, but I’d prefer Bachmann did the Mk2b/c from scratch before upgrading what it has. Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps some minor changes to do 2E and 2D would be a good idea as 2F did not run in isolation.

2C definately, 2B would be nice.But there are at least 11 different types of Mark 2 TSO alone.

2, E&G 2, 2A, 2B, 2C roof 1, 2C roof 2, 2C toilets and roof 3, 2D, 2E big door windows, 2E little door windows, 2F.

And yes I do not like mixing the makes too much, gave up mixing Airfix and Lima, too obvious.

you can see from this daylight photo that its a good idea to reduce the lighting intensity down a bit by tweaking the CVs.

I’m no expert, but the lighting level is great for me. I think the photo exaggerates the lighting a bit, but ‘live’ it feels right for me.

They’re damn good coaches and I’m so glad I’ve saved some cash up/credit card to get them. A worthy mention to Hornby’s class 87 in front- really good model.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I am a bit thick !How do I get the lights to work ?I have an ECoS I have put on program track shows address & functions have I got to set up as loco & do a consist to join to a Loco switch under coach to on.

Edited by Davidjsmith

I am a bit thick !How do I get the lights to work ?I have an ECoS I have put on program track shows address & functions have I got to set up as loco & do a consist to join to a Loco switch under coach to on.

Assume you have a DCC fitted coach ? no need to use a prog track, all coaches come with a default address of 03 - the main interior lights are controlled on/off via Keys F3 and F4. The 3 position switch under the coach is used in conjunction with F Key's F0 and F1 control the tail lamps - either OFF/flashing/ or constantly ON. 

HTH