A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Wowsers!  Looks like a hot thundery afternoon, and the sun is just coming out from behind the clouds.  I can smell the wet creosote, and hear the ticking and panting of that Prairie tank.

Best pic on RMWeb 2016.  (so far :) )

Which one ?

• RMweb Gold

Are you going to include the branch platform too?  

The The Hop Pole or Wheelwrights are always good spots to contemplate the line to Mallingford.

I have laid out the branch platform ready for wood plank surfacing and wooden support structure. In theory I could squeeze in a model of the Hop Pole but it would obscure the best view of passing trains, so I will have to make do with the real one!

Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Which one ?

This one for me personally.

post-1328-0-39340500-1463057276_thumb.jpg

The background looks exactly like it does here... misty and brewing up

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 2

I have laid out the branch platform ready for wood plank surfacing and wooden support structure. In theory I could squeeze in a model of the Hop Pole but it would obscure the best view of passing trains, so I will have to make do with the real one!

Mike

By coincidence I was in The Hop Pole only last week - very pleased to see the running-in board reinstated on the platform and nicely painted.  No sign of a steam railmotor in the bay platform waiting to leave for Mallingford though!

Gerry

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Lovely image Rob.

The Cumulonimbus in particular is well executed.

post-14122-0-27731400-1463066786.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Apologies to regulars who have seen these before shots of the down station building before painting.

attachicon.gifDSCN6298.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN6299.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN6301.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN6302.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN6303.jpg

Many thanks for posting these photos again for me. The plasticard detailing is really crisp. One question, did you paint the sides before assembling the building- you have painted the wood framing so neatly. I think this is the reason your close up pictures of your structures are so convincing- no sign of shaky hands !!

Mike

• RMweb Gold

By coincidence I was in The Hop Pole only last week - very pleased to see the running-in board reinstated on the platform and nicely painted.  No sign of a steam railmotor in the bay platform waiting to leave for Mallingford though!

Gerry

I'm hoping to finish my station before Kernow's steam railmotor arrives from Camborne. That gives me a couple of years!!

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for posting these photos again for me. The plasticard detailing is really crisp. One question, did you paint the sides before assembling the building- you have painted the wood framing so neatly. I think this is the reason your close up pictures of your structures are so convincing- no sign of shaky hands !!

Mike

I didn't build it but I did finish it including adding Slaters valencing and the painting of it.I also added an interior which you can't see now.A bow pen would give sharp colour on the framing.The advertising brings it to life.I will be doing the same on my footbridge this year.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

This one for me personally.

attachicon.gifThis One.jpg

The background looks exactly like it does here... misty and brewing up

Indeed. What immediately caught my eye was how the paint in the gap between the trees looks like smoke coming out of the Prairie's chimney. Sublime.

• RMweb Premium

Rob,

You don't need Photoshop. Paint.net is free and can do most things you'll need, including layers and selective deletion.

"Selective Deletion"..........what's needed on some threads.....................

gone

Philth

p.s. COYG

• RMweb Gold

"Selective Deletion"..........what's needed on some threads.....................

gone

Philth

p.s. COYG

I didn't know you were a gooner Phil.

Ar$e Venger.

• RMweb Gold

Wowsers!  Looks like a hot thundery afternoon, and the sun is just coming out from behind the clouds.  I can smell the wet creosote, and hear the ticking and panting of that Prairie tank.

Modelled no doubt on the real thunderstorm that we had in the vicinity of Brent this evening!

• RMweb Premium

GREEN ARMY!

My lad said it was a bit 'rough' at times in the second half and 'we' were a bit lucky. Personally I hate the Playoffs and I should think Pompey do too! 

Anyway, how can I get excited about getting through and then playing Stanley in the Final. Wish I lived in Leicester (well Loughborough anyway).

Sorry Rob, I am a goner not a gooner. However, ANTB keeps me moderately sane.

N. Warnock. (Spirit of '96)

• RMweb Gold

Being a Sky Blues fan we've never been near the play offs since being relegated from the Premier League. We must be in a handful of clubs never involved. Not sure I'm a fan of a team finishing sixth X points from third getting promotion though.