SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I'm still not showing you mine until each wire has personally told me what it does.

Mind you, on a different note, I had a 'light bulb' moment whilst in Cornwall today.

I made a quick trip down to the namesake model railway shop to pick up something that I decided not to entrust to the Post Office and also to have a nice little trip out. Previously I had always driven right round the one-way system in Camborne and ended up parking opposite the shop. I needed to use the lavatorial facilities in the local Tesco before going to the shop this time and having parked up in said Tesco car park, I realised that it was only about two minutes walk from the shop!

Excellent! I went to the shop, picked up my item and then got a few groceries from Tesco that CTMK wanted me to get.

One hopes that you had your passport stamped upon your return, or did you go via Gunni to avoid import duty?

• RMweb Gold

Just kept a straight face on the bridge.

Got away with it.

The bridge where we have to pay to get out of Cornwall? That sends such a wrong message, I always think. I hope to emulate The Captain’s Journey (I have a CD by that name) in the next couple of weeks, but intend doing so by HST.
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The bridge where we have to pay to get out of Cornwall? That sends such a wrong message, I always think. I hope to emulate The Captain’s Journey (I have a CD by that name) in the next couple of weeks, but intend doing so by HST.

Not at all, getting into England has value, so it is only fair to pay for the privilege.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, no action yesterday on here or pics of wire things as I was completely out of it for nearly 24 hours having been 'glutened' yesterday early morning. No kidding, I though I was being poisoned by some foreign lot and having my cartilages ripped out by another nasty person; didn't even twitch at the 2 - 0 defeat and almost got bed sores. Pah!

Anyway, the day looks lovely at the WSR. The big Pannier has just been turned at Mien Head

Philangical Achings

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Work spoiled my latest addiction.  So I didn't see double headed 4-6-0s....

My webcam feed freezes when action is imminent sadly.   I have great views of the book sale tent at BL but suddenly things jump and a full train metamorphoses at BL Platform 1.

The other case of this "time jumping" is at Minehead between the crossing webcam and the Minehead cam.    Just as a pannier is heading towards MH on the crossing cam, you click over to the MH cam, and the same pannier is halfway down he platforms.......

But it's better than no web cam at all.  When I do have 5 minutes to spare to view it it is a real pleasure which is too often taken for granted.  Many "Western " cultures don't have steam railways anymore let alone a webcam to share the experiences with the rest of the World.    What will I do when the steam gala is at an end at WSR?     Certainly don't want to watch German and Norwegian steam in preservation, so that's the Nene Valley out of the picture ...........   and I won't be watching diesel galas..........

• RMweb Gold

Not at all, getting into England has value, so it is only fair to pay for the privilege.

Totally agree. That's why you pay to come into Wales but we let you out for free..

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Just had a major rant against Channel 5.

Sorry, Clive (not personal)!  :)

Been busy in London Village playing trains in that wonderful building on top of the hill that over looks the rest of the village. Is it on the Another Challenge thread?

Sir visited the train set I was on, with me driving, point set the wrong way, hand of God to push loco, derailment, so I will be getting a bad end of term report. I visited the CCE's Streamlined train set, Sir on depot duty....won't mention point set wrong way, and hand of God pushing loco. The big derailment had nothing to do with him so he said.

A very good weekend.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 3

Morning Chaps,

Might be safe to raise My head above the parapet after the cricket bombshell. I have spent the last couple of days hiding. But now I am back and I would like to add to some recent discussion.

Firstly If you blokes just went proper DCC you'd only need 2 wires, not those rats nests that you've all been posting pictures of. :angel:

Also I just noticed mention of Minehead............... I went there once in 1975, The beach was carp and Butlin's was naff. :O but other than that I loved it.

Regards S. Smith

• RMweb Gold

Morning Chaps,

Might be safe to raise My head above the parapet after the cricket bombshell. I have spent the last couple of days hiding. But now I am back and I would like to add to some recent discussion.

Is that something to do with sport?

• RMweb Premium

Morning Chaps,

Firstly If you blokes just went proper DCC you'd only need 2 wires, not those rats nests that you've all been posting pictures of. :angel:

Also I just noticed mention of Minehead............... I went there once in 1975, The beach was carp and Butlin's was naff. :O but other than that I loved it.

Regards S. Smith

Butlins naff? I'll have you know I worked there over Easter 1964 and it was more than naff. However, they do have really big events there now and I believe the Tannoy has been updated!

I have a DCC set up and just wait till you see my two wires. It really will impress.

Cricket..................no worries as you might say as they are all at it, it is just that one of your team was a little silly in performing for the cameras and then placing said object down his Jock. :scared:  :declare:  :whistle:  :acute:  :yahoo:  :dance:  :onthequiet:  :triniti:   I'm actually quite impressed by the immediate confession and response from the Aussie PM.

G'day.

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I've heard about this concept called 'sport'. I believe it involves some kind of physical exertion, which is probably why it's passed me by all these years.

That's all true but what happened on Saturday was light years away from "sport".