SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I think it's more a case of the pannier hauling the Hall to Minehead. Panniers can do no wrong and that's the truth and no mistake there Guv'nor.

Umm, but the dear little Pannier wasn't alight dear CK so had no steam to play with. I missed it anyway BUT a Bog Cart has appeared at Minehead.......I'm still shaking bafter seeing that. Clive will be almost fainting with delight when he sees it.

Anyway, enough of this carp,,,,,wait for it................sit down now............modelling has taken place in the loft this very afternoon. Here is a list of wot I dun.

Put a Toad torso on a Toad bottom bit and it works and I didn't need a replacement Guard's Brake Wheel as I only needed the chassis and not the floor which I removed from my 'new' part.

Had to run a train, as you do, to ensure the trickery was actually working and lo there was some squeaking from a couple of Mk1s. I was not a rodent and so I took them both to the naughy pad and dosed them with lubricant. Oh how smootly they now move about the layout. 

Played with some wires; there are more than two when you use DCC. I also moved the temporary control area; It still works!

Found and fettled some suitable track, (C75PecobooFBOOWSFSFFS), thought about making it a bit distressed but I was too kind to do that today so I sprayed it a mucky brown and it is now almost ready to be positioned as the 'Refuge Siding' on the Incline and is quite calm. I shall be weathering it suitably when it is in situ. There will be no Cess, but there will be much vegetation.  As my layout is DCC this siding will not be functional. I was wondering if I migh be clever and use it as my Programming Track, but that would mean some of it being rust free and that can not be the case.

I shall demonstrate later how I will be using cunning with construction of the siding and embankment, to create an illusion of the Incline actually being an incline. Yes, I am a truly excellent liar  magician.

Blimey, I now need a cup of tea.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

His Duckiness is not the only one who has been playing trains. I got all me station throat wired up and working. So I can now run trains from the fuddle yard to the station in all sorts of directions and send them back to where they came. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Edit , I might even take some photos in the next week or so. I could even have a bash at doing a video.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

His Duckiness is not the only one who has been playing trains. I got all me station throat wired up and working. So I can now run trains from the fuddle yard to the station in all sorts of directions and send them back to where they came. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Edit , I might even take some photos in the next week or so. I could even have a bash at doing a video.

Blimey Mortor, it must be the sunny weather. Yo, let's have some pics dude.

P. Hoto 

• RMweb Gold

Bl##dy brilliant; imagine the racket as that got going. In that particular part of St Davids the echos would have been superb as well. Magic.

Philth

guff, pop, parp, guff, pop, parp, guff, pop, parp, opps.  :locomotive:  

H.E. Follow-Edfrew

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Premium

Ok Motorboat, we shall have a competition to see who has the most wires under the layout and on top of the layout....photo ASAP please.

P. Lugitin.

• RMweb Premium

I would however caution against posting any photos of wires or wiring or general trickery on your thread. I've noticed that doing so on Pencarrow results in snoring sounds coming from the viewing peeps. You have been warndeed.

You may get away with it if you alternate photos of wires and JA though...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

G'Day Folks

Sir have you painted the underside of your baseboards !!!!!!!!! to much time on your hands LOL.

manna

Indeed. Having seen strange warping going on where only the top side was painted (on other trainsets), it seemed a reasonable precaution. Should have done it before installing the droppers though...
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Have you got a wiring diagram?

Yes, somewhere, I couldn't have managed it otherwise.

Being efficient (!), I added individual wires to each of the slide switches, then joined them all together in a choc block. Afterwards I realised I could have simply looped two single wires across all the switches... Lesson learnt for DM Four Mill Something (as it's the same track plan).