SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Will you be demonstrating these techniques at Taunton ?

If you have a car revving outside and a direct route on blues and twos I'll give it a go Stu, are you that desperate then ?

X.Acto-Marcusthespot

My entry in the wiring competition, definitely installed using KISS principles - whilst the underside of the boards has not been painted, they were varnished. 

gallery_8865_4340_269970.jpg

This week's layout building activity has been limited to putting together and installing the siding gate. Whilst it may look a little over engineered for such a task, this is because in the interest of thrift the company used a cut down damaged level crossing gate. It is currently digitally powered - I push it open with one of my 10 digits (fingers).

The wall has been started using some surplus DPM modular wall panels, left over from a previous O scale USA layout. These have been clad to bring them up to the required size and will then be finished using Redutex Weathered red or blue brick.

gallery_8865_4340_589338.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

I see the usual bunch of trolls, whingers and know-alls have pitched up on this thread the handbags are already swinging. :jester:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/132605-rails-of-sheffielddapolnrm-announce-oo-gauge-stroudley-a1a1x/page-2&do=findComment&comment=3100111

G.Ameon-Anione

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

I'm still not showing you mine until each wire has personally told me what it does.

Mind you, on a different note, I had a 'light bulb' moment whilst in Cornwall today.

I made a quick trip down to the namesake model railway shop to pick up something that I decided not to entrust to the Post Office and also to have a nice little trip out. Previously I had always driven right round the one-way system in Camborne and ended up parking opposite the shop. I needed to use the lavatorial facilities in the local Tesco before going to the shop this time and having parked up in said Tesco car park, I realised that it was only about two minutes walk from the shop!

Excellent! I went to the shop, picked up my item and then got a few groceries from Tesco that CTMK wanted me to get.

• Like 3