7mm Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Project; Currently Paused

Indomitable026

Yes, I've been in touch but only briefly. This kit was my preference as it looks excellent quality although I'm aware there are issues to sort, he said his re-vamp of the Gibson kit wasn't coming anytime soon.

Might be worth a further chat although I don't really know him and I don't like to push people, despite the banter on this thread indicating otherwise.

Am I right in assuming the kit is only for the last MW or does it cover all variants?

Answering my own question there were kits for both variants.

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/EDM_Models/L&B/loco.htm

• RMweb Premium

Paul at EDM also has a small stock of brass castings from the MW locos, that came with all the stuff from Gibson.

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/EDM_Models/N1/details.html  Useful for scratchbuilding, or upgrading other kits.

Cheers, Dave.

And a very nice L&B water column:  http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/EDM_Models/L&B/miscellaneous.htm

But you won't need one of these at Bratton....

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately not, is that from Barnstaple?

Its modelled on the one at the Barnstaple end of Blackmoor Gate station.  There was one on the platform end at Lynton, and at Pilton yard, although these were of smaller diameter pipe.  Whether the Lynton crane was used much I don't know, the water supply up there could be unreliable.  Town station had a crane with a swinging arm at the platform end.

That said, our Bratton water crane is integral with the overhead water tank so should look nice...

Yes indeed, its visible in the distance in several photos, although I've never seen a close-up of it.  Is it in Measured & Drawn?  I don't have a copy yet.

Is it similar to the Chelfam tank, but with the addition of the arm?

Trust you to choose the least photographed station on the line!

Cheers, Dave.

PS  Not a fish in sight...

• RMweb Gold

Looking at the drawings last night for the signal cabin, I'd noticed (forgotten when I last looked) that due to rotting timbers, the signal cabin was raised on a concrete plinth. Which version do you want?

Also, the plans show a concrete store, added during Southern days. Do you want this as well? Happy to make one of these as well.....

• Like 1

Looking at the drawings last night for the signal cabin, I'd noticed (forgotten when I last looked) that due to rotting timbers, the signal cabin was raised on a concrete plinth. Which version do you want?

Also, the plans show a concrete store, added during Southern days. Do you want this as well? Happy to make one of these as well.....

I'll have a look in "Measured and Drawn" later.

Thanks.

Its modelled on the one at the Barnstaple end of Blackmoor Gate station.  There was one on the platform end at Lynton, and at Pilton yard, although these were of smaller diameter pipe.  Whether the Lynton crane was used much I don't know, the water supply up there could be unreliable.  Town station had a crane with a swinging arm at the platform end.

Yes indeed, its visible in the distance in several photos, although I've never seen a close-up of it.  Is it in Measured & Drawn?  I don't have a copy yet.

Is it similar to the Chelfam tank, but with the addition of the arm?

Trust you to choose the least photographed station on the line!

Cheers, Dave.

PS  Not a fish in sight...

Dave,

The water tower has been drawn in the "Measured and Drawn" book, it's very nice.

However, I've not really seen any clear photographs of it, rather the ones I have are all a little fuzzy in that area, although that could be last nights Vodka....

So much nicer than those 'orrible Kadees, good choice.

Think I've seen a video of them operated from an onboard mechanism controlled by a DCC function; have certainly seen something like that for AJs. Something to consider when it comes to building the stock?

Finally after all of these years I'm modelling something with realistic, no compromise, couplings..

• Like 2