Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

Many years ago our club in Scarborough build a scale model of Scarborough Station which did a few shows. It eventually left the club and went to Pickering where it languished for years before moving to Bridlington pending a rebuild. Unfortunately this didn't materialise and it then moved to Norfolk to be owned by the chairman of Scarborough football club. He has since moved back to East Yorkshire and now lives near Driffield. He has joined our club and has brought the layout into the clubrooms where he is rebuilding it in the hope it will be able to attend at least one of our mini shows at Pickering station this year.

As soon as I have more information I will let you all know.

Ian H

I remember that layout fondly from being a kid - always wondered what happened to it - would be very good to see it running again!

• RMweb Gold

Thank you Ian for the information about a layout which I always enjoyed seeing. It is good to know that it may be seen later this year.

Tonight I have a photo' of the approach to Market Weighton station as it was on 18th August, 1976. The station was just gated shut. The sign about ''Motors'' is interesting, for it is referring to the engine that makes a vehicle go. I would have thought automobile would have been a good alternative to ''car''.

post-22631-0-30542600-1459983195_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 6

Many years ago our club in Scarborough build a scale model of Scarborough Station which did a few shows. It eventually left the club and went to Pickering where it languished for years before moving to Bridlington pending a rebuild. Unfortunately this didn't materialise and it then moved to Norfolk to be owned by the chairman of Scarborough football club. He has since moved back to East Yorkshire and now lives near Driffield. He has joined our club and has brought the layout into the clubrooms where he is rebuilding it in the hope it will be able to attend at least one of our mini shows at Pickering station this year.

As soon as I have more information I will let you all know.

Ian H

Ha Ian

You've outed me; model railways and football in one go! Yes, Scarborough Central is now in my possession, and the journey that brought my favorite layout to me is the stuff of dreams; I could write a book about it. This remarkable layout can be traced back to the mid 80's and I am currently rewiring several of the boards. I hope initially to exhibit the main station area with rudimentary running at a couple of SDMRC Club showcase events at Pickering Station in support of NYMR Galas later this year.

In the meantime, here is a photo of the station entrance in or around around 1969 I think... or is it :dontknow:

post-7694-0-11203900-1460025297.png

Also Falsgrave Box with Platform 1a and the Gantry still in situ.

post-7694-0-32117200-1460025307.png

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick and dolland for your contributions.

Tonight I have three photo's of Bridlington South signal box as taken from a train today. They show that the box is ''bowing out'' at the front. I hope it will not cause any serious issues in the future.

post-22631-0-29224700-1460064541_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-67447600-1460064565_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-79545600-1460064582_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for that photo' of the H&BRly  class J at Sheffield Midland. It is part of the history of the railways of East Yorkshire. Please keep posting these excellent photo's.

With warmest regards,

Rob.