RMweb

Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

Be gentle.... the patient will be well cared for obviously post surgery...

I can see the lovely little peckets coming down in price late next year if Hornby do the over production thing again after last years efforts with the J15's, K1's and D16's... if not there will be new issues and we can all enjoy having a fleet of the little lovelies. I will be seaching Melbourne tomorrow to see if there have been any deliveries.. Doubt it though

Got my Huntley  and Palm oil today and it runs superbly through my  recently  laid ,painted, ripped up ,relaid, re ballasted  and never cleaned code 83 at what I call a steam shunting speed .It did stall at ridiculously slow  crawl speed but runs realistically   slowly through it all .

A stunning model .

Forgot to add its Insulfrog not live frog.I would recommend live for any dedicated low speed layout .

Edited by alfsboy
  • Like 3

Succumbed to ordering a H&P one from Hereford, simply too nice a livery not to buy one and with it ordered a Wickham Trolley as well despite my comments on its of traction tyres. Slightly bemused at the "Best Way" delivery option as I presume that is Hermes or Yodel so paid an extra 30p for Postie to deliver them. Interestingly Herefords cheapest price for it posted on its own, £88.95, is still cheaper than one sold for on Ebay yesterday (£91.50 with postage and presumably void of manufacturers guarantee as it was sold by an end purchaser rather than a retailer)

• RMweb Gold

There is clear evidence somewhere that a pair of these was regularly seen on The Pines Express over Masbury, with another banking in the rear.

Yes, definitely, see Book of the Pecketts volume 6 page 73............Wild Duck 1984, unfortunately very difficult to come by as out of(never was in) print but irrefutable evidence. :imsohappy:

Rgds.......Mike

Will everyone stop posting on here that they have their bloody Pecketts, this is really annoying and I'm getting very wound up, I really don't care.

P.s................i'm getting mine tomorrow :jester:

There, there, Brian! Take two Valiums and call us in the morning. ;)  :jester:

• Like 1

Will everyone stop posting on here that they have their bloody Pecketts, this is really annoying and I'm getting very wound up, I really don't care.

P.s................i'm getting mine tomorrow :jester:

Ha! Mr. Im in the UK.

I live by the perils of International mail.

But hopefully Dodo does fly, and flies fast.

Edited by Spitfire2865
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A few slightly better pics than the quick one posted last night of the H&P on loan from Reading to the Southampton Docks on my little timewaster Canute Road Quay layout under construction...

attachicon.gifHP_CRQ_1.jpg

attachicon.gifHP_CRQ_2.jpg

attachicon.gifHP_CRQ_3.jpg

I've seen some pretty engines but that one takes the biscuit!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Succumbed to ordering a H&P one from Hereford, simply too nice a livery not to buy one and with it ordered a Wickham Trolley as well despite my comments on its of traction tyres. Slightly bemused at the "Best Way" delivery option as I presume that is Hermes or Yodel so paid an extra 30p for Postie to deliver them. Interestingly Herefords cheapest price for it posted on its own, £88.95, is still cheaper than one sold for on Ebay yesterday (£91.50 with postage and presumably void of manufacturers guarantee as it was sold by an end purchaser rather than a retailer)

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered from Hereford. I was considering not bothering as it probably won't see a great deal of use, but that blue livery is gorgeous. Hornby have always had a theory that blue locos sell best,and that's certainly true with me . Not at all interested in the green versions, it's that blue livery that sold it. If it was only on a Caley 812

• Like 1