Class 59 in 00

No Decorum

A good price that Charlie and Bif. Do the lights work correctly without physical modification or are we all going to have to do the changes Richard has discovered?

I did wonder whether the factory have fitted the PCBs to the wrong models. I don't have a 59/0 to test, but I wonder whether swapping all the PCBs over from the 59/0 to the 59/1 and visaversa would make them work correctly without modification.

Need help I have the db 59 and the dcc fitted with smoke unit but tried programming it yesterday. On a long piece of track a short piece of track and the rolling road it won’t program. It comes up short circuit or chip can’t be found when programming on long address or on short address on 3 it will start running then cut out and getting the same again. I’m at a complete loss as to what to do next 

cheers Craig 

39 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I see they’ve just announced a second run, inc , the EWS livery . That may excite me !

source - kernow FB page 

I am thinking of getting that, and, renumbering it to 59205. It's the only 59 I have had for haulage, on the Freightliner Phoenix railtour. It was supposed to be Freightliner locomotives, but, got postponed, and, eventually used EWS locomotives throughout. It went on the train at Colchester and took it to Willesden yard, where the 92 took over. The train was late into Colchester due to a brake pipe problem on the way there.

It was the first railtour I went on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Craig1989 said:

Need help I have the db 59 and the dcc fitted with smoke unit but tried programming it yesterday. On a long piece of track a short piece of track and the rolling road it won’t program. It comes up short circuit or chip can’t be found when programming on long address or on short address on 3 it will start running then cut out and getting the same again. I’m at a complete loss as to what to do next 

cheers Craig 

Oh dear doesn't sound good . .  If it doesn't work at all something faulty.  Only suggestion is to do a reset? Otherwise best option is to take back and have it replaced ...

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I see they’ve just announced a second run, inc , the EWS livery . That may excite me !

source - kernow FB page 

The second run was announced before Christmas:

On 03/01/2023 at 23:24, charliepetty said:

The Legomanbiffo all New Classs 59 Dapol Project ia available now !!!:

Yes these currenly flying out, but we have plenty of stock here, so they can be ordered at the Introductory price + Speaker from:    https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=261

Thumbs Up.png

well done to Charlie/Legoman.. silly question but I cant see which fct number is the smoke gen configured to ? 

May I assume the decoder just plugs and plays into a smoke fitted version ie no cv adjustments needed, existing decoder straight out? 

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Craig1989 said:

cheers Craig 

I'm a Duette user ;-) - but what controller are you using? Just thinking maybe the 59 with sound and smoke is a bit power hungry for the controller.

• RMweb Gold
On 05/01/2023 at 22:27, eagle50043 said:

hi all,

any reason why a 59005 cant be re-named and re-numbered into 59001 ?

None at all (providing you don’t mind the prototypical differences) Although 001 has a bell. *edited for clarity

Edited by Revolution Mike B

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Revolution Mike B said:

None at all. Although 001 has a bell, and black front window surrounds 

Few more differences than that between the two. 59005 was a later order and had a few tweaks. For example, lifting eyes on the buffer beam that 59001-59004 did not have. 

There holes in the buffer beam are also different, as is the roof pod.

Oh, and you need the right number of stars on the front!

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Also depends on time period, 001-4 had the exhaust outlet on opposite sides originally.

(I am considering swapping one off a Hornby 59, as most of Hornbys models are later life depictions and hence are wrong for those too).

That said looking over the model, i’m convinced 59/0 will be forthcoming at some stage.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Few more differences than that between the two. 59005 was a later order and had a few tweaks. For example, lifting eyes on the buffer beam that 59001-59004 did not have. 

There holes in the buffer beam are also different, as is the roof pod.

Oh, and you need the right number of stars on the front!

Roy

Yes Roy, you are correct, and the exhaust too, but for a basic renumber then it would be fine. I need to add the lifting eyes to the front of my 59206 as the model doesn’t have them 

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Alan Oliver said:

Does anybody know if the forthcoming 59003 in GBRf livery will have the centre headlight above the cab, wondering if they have altered the moulding to include this?

I dont think anyones seen it yet.

Perhaps they are all busy bringing the model right upto date by filing flats into the wheels, or perhaps modelling it on Jacks at Eastleigh.

😀

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

I dont think anyones seen it yet.

Perhaps they are all busy bringing the model right upto date by filing flats into the wheels, or perhaps modelling it on Jacks at Eastleigh.

😀

Surely this one needs to have a spark generator as well as a smoke generator?

Roy

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Surely this one needs to have a spark generator as well as a smoke generator?

Roy

And the wheels didn't get flats, they just need reducing in diameter a bit.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Alan Oliver said:

Does anybody know if the forthcoming 59003 in GBRf livery will have the centre headlight above the cab, wondering if they have altered the moulding to include this?

It will indeed, along with the rectangular buffers.

• Like 1