Hornby Black Friday Sale

Black 5 Bear

• RMweb Premium

I ordered a OO Brighton Belle, I have the earlier version already but at £99 the 1960's version is a nice additional unit. Also got a couple of railroad car transports are the car unloader for the little fella, I know these are toys (aren't all models ultimately?) but that is exactly the point, I think he'll enjoy playing with them.

Does the operating mail coach come with the necessary accesories, ie mail bags, mail bin and post?

Looking at the details on Hattons website, they illustrate the catching bin with the coach, and the box looks longer than required too, so it probably comes complete with ramps, mailbags and the traductor arm.

I'm just trying to square ordering the Class 31 and a rake of GWR coaches......

• RMweb Gold

Spotted something strange earlier

the western master DCC set with e-link has been showing most of the day as 'sold out' with the price showing as £159, however i went on this afternoon and it was showing as 'hurry only one left' at £99 which is pretty good, 30 mins later and it was gone

(It is available in tesco at £112 btw)

• RMweb Premium

I got in OK. Some good bargains on there if you want Flying Scotsman for less than £50. I mean that's cheaper than an Autocoach, for goodness sake! Railroad 31 or some blue grey mk3s . Not bad.

There's also an Airfix sale if anyone's interested.

Hornby haven't included the type of  fully detailed locos they had last year (of the likes of L1 detailed A3, B1 etc )  - Kernow have a K1 in their latest news letter for £89 so playing the "what will Hornby include this year" game I guessed that a K1 would be included for perhaps £75  - but I was wrong. :-(  

Perhaps some "bargains" have gone to dealers rather than their own web site since (and this is just an example) Kernow have the Belle set for only about £4 more than Hornby, 

Which said, there are some coaches plus the footbridge which appeal - a question, haven't got any of the latest railroad mk1s, but in the illustrations it looks like they have plastic wheels , is that right?

• RMweb Gold

WOW!

Sapphire Decoder for £20!!!!!!!!

I'll have a few of them thank-you very much.

I was actually looking on EBAY last night and the cheapest was £29.95+P&P

Nicely timed.

Thanks for the heads up

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Premium

Ordered my stuff on Monday and it arrived this morning, well packed and the boxes look immaculate (ie. not some tatty box that's been say on a shelf for lord knows how long and been opened). Very good service I think, no complaints at all.

More added. including Duke of Gloucester set and a Tornado digital set.

A question, there are 2 GWR railroad coaches on offer. Are these the same as the old Hornby ones that came in different liveries (inc caledonian rly) or are they a newer design? Can't decide from the illustrations. Thanks.

Archived