Hornby B12

Wherry Lines

A few shots from the decoration samples at Warley yesterday; the LNER-liveried one has the incorrect older style wheels whilst the production wheels can be seen on the BR version.

Hornby_B12_LNER_1.jpg

Hornby_B12_LNER_2.jpg

Hornby_B12_BR_1.jpg

Hornby_B12_BR_2.jpg

Hornby_B12_BR_3.jpgHornby_B12_BR_4.jpgDeliveries expected in the next 2/3 weeks.

Look at the post above that's  what Andy quoted, Maybe this or next week the others counting from 27 November,

I 'm waiting for mine in  LNER livery. :declare:

Among the many details that have been enjoyable on the three GER origin tender types that Hornby have ventured so far is a good representation of Stratford's wooden construction cab floor extension, instead of the fall plate generally typical of UK practise. Adds so much to the character.

And I do agree with others above, that having come this far, surely a Stratford tank engine design is now de rigeur?

They'll be getting them before Hornby then ! The Big H recon 12th December. At least that's for the LNER version

Early BR also now showing as 12 December, but late BR shunted back to 13 January 2017, very disappointing, will have to be a late Xmas present then.

Lots of unhappiness around then!

Its not just the B12s, the Pecketts have also been affected.  Looks like there may have been a mismatch between what was supposed to be in the container and what had actually been supplied......

Now Friday but still showing on Pre-order...

Hattons show R3430 and R 3431 as expected on or after Monday 12th. December while R3432 (late crest) is expected on or after Friday 13th. January 2017, the same as on the Hornby site.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/164852/Hornby_R3431_Class_B12_3_4_6_0_61533_in_BR_black_with_early_emblem/StockDetail.aspx

Martin

Edited by MartinTrucks

The best one is that the Hornby ad in the new, Jan 2017, Hornby Magazine (p94 if I remember correctly) advertises R3430 (LNER) and R3431 (BR early crest) as "available now"!

Good luck with that.....

Edited by Hroth

They will be here shortly....what does a little time matter? :scratchhead:

It doesn't matter at all, they're only model trains when alls said and done!

But the BR(ec) was announced as initially arriving in mid-November, with the others spread over the next week or so and as each date arrived we had the game of Hornby Hopscotch as a new date was announced.  A retailer was even told on the 29th that they were "in stock and ready for dispatch".  It later turned out that they had been misinformed.  Not the fault of the retailer, I might add.

The same thing is happening  with the other eagerly awaited loco, the Peckett W4, which has delivery dates now stretching into January, although only the most sanguine would have believed that the H&P Peckett would be delivered on Christmas Eve!

So we're all waiting with varying degrees of (im)patience! :jester:

It doesn't matter at all, they're only model trains when alls said and done!

But the BR(ec) was announced as initially arriving in mid-November, with the others spread over the next week or so and as each date arrived we had the game of Hornby Hopscotch as a new date was announced.  A retailer was even told on the 29th that they were "in stock and ready for dispatch".  It later turned out that they had been misinformed.  Not the fault of the retailer, I might add.

The same thing is happening  with the other eagerly awaited loco, the Peckett W4, which has delivery dates now stretching into January, although only the most sanguine would have believed that the H&P Peckett would be delivered on Christmas Eve!

So we're all waiting with varying degrees of (im)patience! :jester:

Glancing back through the Hornby 2016 mini-catalogue, they were at that time scheduled to arrive in September. But, as has already been written above, "so what?".

I'm frankly (and selfishly) relieved that the B12s are arriving before Hornby fell into bankruptcy, which appeared to be a possibility at one stage during the year. Instead a turnaround seems to have at least started, so there is hope for the company, its staff - and us.

I don't mind waiting a few weeks for the B12s (and one or two other things which are utterly irrelevant to my modelling interests but, damnit, they were just so cute).

Paul

I don't mind waiting a few weeks for the B12s

Nor me. Frankly, with having a family and trying to sort all the other Christmas related stuff out (which we’re behind on this year) I just daren’t risk any unnecessary spending, meaning that spending on my hobby just has to wait until sometime in the New Year, so anything delayed into 2017 might disappoint some, but it’s music to my ears!

Guest Midland Mole

I believe we have a Hornby rep coming into the shop on Tuesday (it's a Christmas miracle!). I might try to get my boss to ask about what is happening with the B12s.

- Alex

Just noticed that the due date has been removed from the Hornby website for the LNER and early crest versions. Guess my credit card is safe for a while longer. :)

That's what happened on 2nd. December, the previous due date. The version I want is on pre-order with Rails so there is no need for me to get my knickers in any greater a twist over the date! In any case, I am too busy playing with my new bargain J50 .......  Oh, and some more trucks! ......  :senile:

Edited by MartinTrucks

So perhaps my retail informant was right with the 'undergoing QA' update... :scratchhead:

Looks like another Chinese factory cockup.  They send out the final decorated for production confirmation, then swap in lower spec parts to improve their profit margin.

They've probably installed a "pull and go" clockwork mechanism instead of the 'leccy motor...  :jester:

I assume you have some evidence for this or is it a guess?

Well, the jester is a bit of a clue as far as the "pull and go" suggestion is concerned.

However, I do have knowledge of Chinese factories substituting cheaper cosmetically but not functionally equivalent parts after the final confirmation stage.  One I know about resulted in a batch of 10,000 items being returned for rework.