Hornby B12

Wherry Lines

Great images.....The BR version looks just the part. Markits do a smashing bogie wheel with extra large boss that would suit the B12 a treat.

With this kind of 'modelling', I do hope Hornby has a shufty at 0 gauge one day....   :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by coachmann

Seeing the sheer length of the black B12 at Warley this Sunday made me realise how disproportionate the "old" Hornby version was.

One retailer still had the former version, new, on sale at £45 - but anyone who had seen the new one and made the comparison wouldn't hesitate, even at the higher price.

• RMweb Gold

Ah but you'll soon cure that...... :whistle:

You know me to well Larry :jester:  :jester: , they did get rather grotty towards the ends of their lives (apart from 61572, by the looks of it).

At the moment however weathering is out as I'm current busy with something that is mostly silver and definitely not a loco!!

• RMweb Gold

You know me to well Larry :jester:  :jester: , they did get rather grotty towards the ends of their lives (apart from 61572, by the looks of it).

At the moment however weathering is out as I'm current busy with something that is mostly silver and definitely not a loco!!

So it's you who supplies the B17's for BBC 1 's Sunday Night drama set on a USAF airbase in Northern Ireland in 1943.

• Like 2

Weathering something silver? I thought you had joined our pacemaker club for a minute...   :sungum:

It is indeed, a thing of beauty.

Contrary to popular opinion, I CAN wait (black Friday took my wallet into the car-park and give it a good pasting). But I look forward to picking this up to join the J15s and Claud (designs of less Excellent railways are also available).

E4 next ta thankee koindlee Misser 'Ornby, an Oi reckon thaatl do me noicely.

C6T.

It is indeed, a thing of beauty.

Contrary to popular opinion, I CAN wait (black Friday took my wallet into the car-park and give it a good pasting). But I look forward to picking this up to join the J15s and Claud (designs of less Excellent railways are also available).

E4 next ta thankee koindlee Misser 'Ornby, an Oi reckon thaatl do me noicely.

C6T.

Or a J17, or an F4/F5/F6, or a J65/J66/J67/J68/J69, or an N7....or even 'and a...'  :good:

Edited by Pint of Adnams

But still not moved to New Arrivals from Coming Soon at Hornby!

I have an order with Rails of Sheffield which includes a R3431 (61533 in BR early crest - expected date 2nd. December). Rails despatched the order (minus R3431) yesterday. A telephone enquiry to Rails this morning reveals no info from Hornby regarding imminent delivery. Oh well .......... :senile: