Bachmann announcements

Andy Y

32.386Class 37/5 No. 37513 in Railfreight Metals livery

32.387Class 37/5 No. 37518 in Railfreight red stripe livery

32.385Class 37/4 No. 37415 in InterCity livery

One of each other those then please! :) 415 is an interesting choice - will they finally put WR iron brackets on it this time? Either way glad to see Mainline livery being done at last - thank goodness I held off doing a repaint!

All in all though a lot to keep us happy. Well done Bachmann.

Bruce

Bit cheeky releasing 37513 in Metals and 518 in red stripe! Makes those oh-so limited exclusive editions not seem so exclusive!

Just a little! I thought there was something about those mouldings been exclusive to the REM limited editions! Oh well at least it stops me pondering whether to get the 37/7s from REM, I think I'll just give it a couple of years now till Bachmann put them into a normal production run and I can have them at half the price!

A good range of new items though IMO...I'll definitely be having a Derby lightweight and probably be replacing my kit built 3F, but I'm still trying to work out how a SDJR 7F made it up to South Yorkshire in the 50's. Hmmm...

Guest jim s-w

Just a little! I thought there was something about those mouldings been exclusive to the REM limited editions! Oh well at least it stops me pondering whether to get the 37/7s from REM, I think I'll just give it a couple of years now till Bachmann put them into a normal production run and I can have them at half the price!

They were but not for ever (we all had this discussion when the LE's were first announced!) Unless someone pays for the tools then a RTR manufacturer will always cash in later, it would be commercial suicide not too. People were paying a premium to have the models when they did. I thought people understood that?

Cheers

Jim

Thanks for posting the news Andyicon_thumbsup2.gif

The S&D 7F I 'm sure is going to put a smile on so many faces when it comes out, mine included. All it needs now is Oxford Diecast to do Ivo Peters Bentley and the S&D mob have got the full set!

The AL5 / 85 is the one that's really hit the spot for me on the Bachy list, I'll be making room on the mantlepiece for one in each livery. I wonder if anyone does a sound card for Roarers..... wink.gif

Nidge

Well there are a few surprises there.

Whilst it is entirely logical to back convert the 108 into it's predecessor, it's very samey. But it is transition, and I believe that i what is selling at the mo. I'll definately have a green one, but the blue one is curiously tempting particulary if it becomes a BSYP version.

S&D 7F - luvverly. Seen a photograph of one on Saltley but Bescot would be stretching it a bit far I feel. This is going to be a real winner for Bachmann and I'm glad they adopted the Midland feel.

Overjoyed with the 3F - very much another surprise but very welcome and I feel I need a place in my roster for at least two of them.

LM 350 and OTAs - not for me, but isn't it great to see AC modelled and a 4 car unit too !!!! It'll be the 304 and 305 next !!!!!

The 13T open is another very good choice and I'll probably invest in a couple of bauxite BDAs to go into my select air braked collection.

Great news Bachmann - very pleased.

Only small disappointment was the lack of suburban coaches which I was sure would be promised this time, but there is always 2011.

Looks like a modellers e-wish list come true to me..... S&DJR 2-8-0, MR 3F 0-6-0, Original Derby Lightweight DMU, Class 85 Electric. I can find a home for the 3F and DMU.smile.gif

But no new chassis under a Ivatt/BR Class 2 2-6-0 or 2-6-2T?????

No Big four coaches????? The mind boggles!

Yes there are bound to be dissapointments, but to completely miss out on railway carriages built between 1924 and 1951 is weard when most of the locos and wagons in the catalogue are from that era.

If Bachmann has been put off my Hornby's apparently poor sales of Stanier and Gresley coaches, they shouldnt. All modellers want are plain simple RTR coaches with moulded on handles and couplings attached to bogies, not expensive to produce fragile over-engineered models as Hornbys undoubtedly are. I mean what is so difficult in grasping that modellers want 'typical' coaches like suburbans and run of the mill corridor coaches?

Larry G.

Hi Larry,

Couldn't agree more. Looks like they are leaving the market wide open to all and every competitor. Small comfort for me, they are actually doing so0me LNER Vans WITHOUT corrugated ends - At last. Having worked on those in the early 50s, I've long been waiting for somebody to produce them, apart from the Parkside Kits. They were afterall, very, very common.

gresley

Wow! I'm impressed...The S&D 2-8-0 is good news, but the 3F is a real surprise- and a very welcome one.

Derby Lightweight will be a real temptation as well, and the LNER steel opens and vans ought to be popular

Not my period of interest, but the 85 should be a very welcome arrival. Overall, that looks like a pretty good lineup

Well, all 3 Class 85's will be mine! I really didn't see them coming, and all three releases will be applicable for my era. I might have to upgrade my layout plans and do something with OHLE much sooner...

Brilliant news about the 37/0's, really must get around to finishing my original bachy 37/0's.

Two interesting wagons, and a fair number of figures of interest to myself.

Looking forward to the next 18 months, lets hope Bachmann don't take 3 years for the new releases.

Regards

Matt

Whilst there is little there that will require my money (which is definitely a good thing!), I can see this as being a bumper set of releases for Bachmann, the 7F and 0-6-0 completement the LMS items already out and as an outside observer gives the LMS/MR system much more potential for the beginner. As for the desiro, they've hit the nail on the head with that one I jsut hope for their sake that they go on to finish it off with a SWT version as well! Whilst those of us wanting steam engines would have of course wanted more in the range (I was begging for a 42xx but hey-ho) the electricery side of the market it undergoing a massive upsurge ad their choices should capitalise on this massively! I am also interested by the IE 2700 listed in the range, is this going to be a dogdy 158 repaint or a new tool?

All in all, it appears a well researched release list, but my money is on a "noble canine" appearing later on in the year to coincide with the 175 event!

m0rris

The reworking of the 37/0 is good news, though it was expected because of the 37003 limited one coming up.

Still no VF centre panel in GSYP though, what is it about the commonest version of a green 37 that makes Bachmann not make it? Hopefully it will follow later, fingers crossed.

Another DMU bodes well for the future, the 108 must have been a success financially, hopefully the 105 and Derby lightweight will continue the trend and lead to others (120 please).

I can start work on another highland 24 now that it looks like an RTR one is still a long way off.

When I get the time that is.....

The 3F and 7F are both outside my area, but they do show that Bachmann is willing to take risks with small classes of locos.

I'll be picking up a Derby Lightweight for conversion to Battery-Electic MU.

Might pick up a flask wagon as well. Completly out of my time frame, but those DRS class 20s and 37s look so good ;)

• RMweb Premium

Crystal ball time...

Predicting that certain money grabbing retailers will be frothing at the possibility of some of these new models being brought out in limited editions therefore I reckon give it a few weeks before a SWT 450 and Derby RTC Derby Lightweight DMU are announced at vastly inflated prices over standard production models...

Standard 3MT 82019 will be heading my way though, was about to do this by renumbering the existing release but will now hold fire, also good to see that a second run with new numbers of the 4-CEP's are planned.

Some excellent news there.

There will be three Class 70's (counting the announced Limited Edition).

The 37/0 's with a retooled body and updated for lights and sound.

Complementary OTA 's to go with the Hornby models

Steel coil wagons

Nuclear Flasks

A Scottish 170 in Saltaire livery

The first lot of Desiro's

Some more Tankers

Lots of re-issued modern wagons with new running numbers

The Art Deco station items

Trackside electrical equipment

A derelict signal box

In addition to the class 350's, the Class 85 and more 4CEP's ...because Electrics don't sell ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The downside......

As predicted, the Mk2 coaches almost bite the dust. No immediate prospect for the aircons either.

The Class 150 doesn't feature at all. I suspect that unless the shelves are cleared of the current batchs, then it may never re-appear again.

Archived