NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

Cad complete and will be shown this weekend on here and my web site.

I'll be invoicing all who have paid their initial deposit for their next instalment over the Sunday / Monday. (Surprisingly there are a lot of sign ups that I sent invoices to that have never paid a penny, and they have been reminded too, which goes to show that initially things looked very rosy, but settled back a bit before going forward again).

Strange to sign up to the project and not cancel if you weren't interested eh?

Anyway, Sunday / Monday will also feature a set announcement, regarding this model as well, so pop by here or my web site Monday evening at the latest for the information and pictures, and yes the pantograph does have both arms extending. Lol

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Excellent, Thanks Dave! This is one model I'm very much looking forward to this year.

By the way, given the potential 'issues' surrounding Hornby's 87 Pantograph, will you still be open for producing them as spares?

Thanks Dave and a very point, I've just realised however that I'll be after at least 1 to replace the clunky effort adorning my Heljan 86 (did they have to design them so big? - Either way it's the wrong type for 86401).

Rich

Hi everyone,

I'll be invoicing all who have paid their initial deposit for their next instalment over the Sunday / Monday. (Surprisingly there are a lot of sign ups that I sent invoices to that have never paid a penny, and they have been reminded too, which goes to show that initially things looked very rosy, but settled back a bit before going forward again).

Anyway, Sunday / Monday will also feature a set announcement, regarding this model as well, so pop by here or my web site Monday evening at the latest for the information and pictures, and yes the pantograph does have both arms extending. Lol

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

I'm one of the guilty party - I still have to pay for the deposit on the 2nd loco I ordered.

Hi everyone,

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Can you tell me how much the second installment is going to be?

Thanks, 

Samuel.

Hi Dave

I'm one of the guilty party - I still have to pay for the deposit on the 2nd loco I ordered.

Lol, tut tut, don't worry, you aren't the only one that's for sure. :-)

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

I got two invoices, 0347 for the two Class 92s I ordered, and also 0427 for just one of them.  I paid 0347 for the two locos, but not 0427 which is an error (probably my finger trouble when I was trying to order the two).  So if you still have 0427 on your books, please could you cancel it and just keep 0347 for the two.

Another question - will you be using the same motor arrangement as the class 71 and, if so, will you be addressing the maximum speed issue? 

No a problem for me, my GBRF and EWS ones will be mainly on freight, so not going fast, but for those modelling the Caledonian Sleeper, AIUI, it normally operates up to 80mph but can go up to the loco/stock maximum (87mph for Class 92) if running more than 20 mins late.

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Dave,

Really like the class 71, particularly the bogies which I think are excellent.  As per Pete B, is the motor for the Class 92 going to offer a higher speed/more power than the Class 71?  Looking at it 'logically', as per the prototypes there's a Co-Co wheel arrangement to offer more traction and there should be more space inside the body, to give you the flexibility to select a better motor to represent the class 92's power and speed characteristics.  

Regards,

Chris.

The motor for the 92 is still a coreless but is beefed up to cater for the loco's also beefed up all up weight, and the gearing should give the top speed + a small margin and a definite steady crawl under dc and dcc control.

There will also be a warning about decoder choice and loco functions in the instructions too which will save confusion.

Cheers

Dave

I have no problem in supplying the pantos as a spare, but I would wait until the final model from Hornby to judge to be honest.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

considering nearly 3 pages on this website have been written up upon the disappointment of the Class 87 BW pantograph on the new Hornby model and the apparent impossibility to fabricate a reasonable working one in OO gauge anyway, I am wondering if you can share with us your plans for the 92 (unless I have missed this somewhere already)

Hi Dave

considering nearly 3 pages on this website have been written up upon the disappointment of the Class 87 BW pantograph on the new Hornby model and the apparent impossibility to fabricate a reasonable working one in OO gauge anyway, I am wondering if you can share with us your plans for the 92 (unless I have missed this somewhere already)

I would be interested as well. BW HS pantographs to date have been a real disappointment.

• RMweb Premium

Anyway, Sunday / Monday will also feature a set announcement, regarding this model as well, so pop by here or my web site Monday evening at the latest for the information and pictures,

Waiting impatiently  ...... ;)

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Due to the upping of specification on both the N and OO gauge 92, and projected rising prices in China (yes again), both N and OO class 92 projects fall just short of enough to make them 100% viable.

With this in mind i have offered both gauge models to DJM stockists for retail sales. (similarly to another class 92 crowdfunding project i believe)

These do not have the same running numbers as already announced for crowdfunders and are most certainly not at the same low price.

Crowdfunders will still get the same great model at the lower price, with exclusivity in livery/numbers, and they will still participate in the free draw for a great prize in N and OO gauges, and exclusive offers / liveries that are still to come, so i hope this announcement wont haemorrhage crowdfunders from the main project, but be seen as a logical step to push this over the line financially.

Some stockists will be going live with this today so keep a look out.

I am away now for 10 days and e-mails / web access will be very limited. please excuse me if i'm tardy to reply to questions during this time.

Cheers

Dave 

post-1144-0-77080200-1496132114_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-02623200-1496132130_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-68318600-1496132144_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-44057300-1496132161_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Seems sensible .

Crowd funders get their locos at reduced costs, stocks to retailers , if they sign up, at higher price for those that don't like signing up in advance. Seems like a very flexible way of bringing loco to production.

I'm wondering if the failure to get to original volume , particularly in OO ,is a sign things are really slowing down in the market .

At £135 they are a massive 5p more than the first ordered by a crowdfunder??!

£15 and 5p if you order a second via crowdfunder.

Still no 1st plain tunnel livery. You have the distribution and SNCF which are close but not the first run.

I'm wondering if the failure to get to original volume , particularly in OO ,is a sign things are really slowing down in the market .

There are so many new items announced whereby people cannot keep up, so everyone goes for things which are more important for them selves. Prices compound the issue to make people more selective on the items.

Me personally, Bullied diesels are more important than a 92. If there were no Bullied Diesels, H class, class 74s, Brighton Atlantics and Merchant Navies due, - in other words, a really boring year - then a new 92 would be on my cards!

There are so many new items announced whereby people cannot keep up, so everyone goes for things which are more important for them selves. Prices compound the issue to make people more selective on the items.

Me personally, Bullied diesels are more important than a 92. If there were no Bullied Diesels, H class, class 74s, Brighton Atlantics and Merchant Navies due, - in other words, a really boring year - then a new 92 would be on my cards!

Completely agree. Whilst I understand the reason behind 'crowd funding' and how it works, its all very well and good saying you have 3 months or whatever, if you just want to budget for 1 model fine, but several classes across various manufacturers, doesn't bode well. The time period needs to be a lot longer rather than a 'who can get it to market the fastest' approach.

- Ky.