Does anyone ever **LOOK!** ?

JDW

• RMweb Premium

Just out of curiosity, some sellers seem to love putting LOOK! and variations thereof in their headings, but does it actually make anyone look?  Are you too stubborn and think that if they're telling you to look, you're deliberately not going to?  Do you wonder why they need to tell you to look, when obviously you're reading the description so either you'll look anyway because its what you were interested in, or won't look because it isn't?  Is there scientific proof that it leads to more sales?  Do people actually look if it says LOOK! ?  ... ... ...  :jester:  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

The 'LOOK' is irritating (especially if the use the @ symbol as in L@@K), even more irritating is the seemingly growing lazyness of some sellers to not bother with a detailed description but resort to the 'Condition as photos' line.

LOOK or even L@@K doesn't bother me too much, but

ENTIRE LISTINGS IN BIG BOLD TYPE

get right up my nose, as does

AWESOME!!!

There is nothing awesome about a secondhand Lima loco.

Now, a Triang Giraffe Car... that truly is AWESOME!!!

post-17811-0-67511000-1472877828.jpg

• RMweb Premium

LOOK or even L@@K doesn't bother me too much, but

ENTIRE LISTINGS IN BIG BOLD TYPE

get right up my nose, as does

AWESOME!!!

There is nothing awesome about a secondhand Lima loco.

Now, a Triang Giraffe Car... that truly is AWESOME!!!

attachicon.gif19920673435_209279cfa8.jpg

That goes to show how things have changed.

Those Giraffe Cars must have sold in hundreds of thousands, now If you don't buy models when they first come out as limited runs, you risk losing out permanently.

Apparently these models are rare with 2 ears, as they were easily knocked off, taking them out of the box!

I think the word rare is quite possibly overused as well.

Very definitely!

It is also overused by a few particular individuals even when the item advertised is anything but rare.

If only we could force these individuals to use the words "common" and "overpriced"!

• 2 weeks later...

There's a seller flogging a load of K's kits ATM, all marked 'MYSTERY KIT for...'. I know none of us is born knowing everything, but two minutes with Google would have solved that one without Mulder and Scully even having to lift the phone.

Well, I suppose "the truth is out there" somewhere....

It also gets up my titty ends. Almost as much as the word 'Genuine' in similar ads.

Very definitely!

It is also overused by a few particular individuals even when the item advertised is anything but rare.

If only we could force these individuals to use the words "common" and "overpriced"!

It's so rare that almost everyone else has got one!

Archived