DLPG

Guest baldrick25

Hi Everyone,

The last of the 6 class 22's started to be shipped from Dapol Yesterday,

This being the BR Blue version D1000b

Hope this helps.

cheers

Dave

I'm STILL waiting for three different green ones , on order from ANY of three model shops to be fullfilled- so its a bit worrying when you post that the last one ( which I didn't want), in BR Blue is now being despatched. Seems some dealers have made a killing by acquiring lots, and others have had zero.

This all goes back to the thread 'Pre-ordering, is there any point to it'.. http://www.rmweb.co....__fromsearch__1

Sorry Dave, for me , preordering Dapol products for as much as 2.5 years has been a disaster.

Edited by baldrick25

I think the point about pre-ordering depends on who you order from. I am still waiting for my blue D6326 from Gaugemaster. I don't hold out much hope. It's just as well I got one from Kernow.

I also have a pre-order with Gaugemaster for the other blue release. I suspect that Kernow might eventually be going to get my business for that one as well.

Geoff Endacott

Hi Baldrick,

I can understand frustration but I'm stunned to hear you haven't gotten any of the 3 you ordered.

Rest assured only a very few (and we are talking less than can be counted on one hand) never received all they per-ordered and then subsequently increased on the second order form which went out.

This second order form was to allow stockists to draw back from their original order or increase it.

I cannot for obvious reasons tell you who received less, but some 'large' ones did due to their over the top ordering would have meant the smaller stockists lost out.

So far, everything has worked out perfectly. However there have been cases of some retailers ( and again I cannot mention them here but will to Andy privately if he wants corroboration) that have been selling class 22's at shows that have been per-ordered by customers with no hope of getting extra stock to cover

!!!

Now that opens a whole new can of worms that Dapol cannot get involved with.

Also, remember my phrase I have been using recently of "those that have ordered and are in good standing"? Well we are holding some class 22's for those traders who have ordered but are currently not "in good standing", pending their change of circumstance.

Your stockist may not be any of these but in all honesty, and not wishing to know who your stockist is, I'd be looking elsewhere for your models.

Hope this helps clarify your point?

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Guest baldrick25

Hereford Model Centre have D6320 & D6313 in stock at £99.95. Look on the website or ring. Service is first class.

Yes indeed , A big thanks for that . At last managed to get the 'D' and 'E' versions from Hereford , so I owe you a pint for that.

My annoyance is that having ordered 4 models ( all the green) from 4 different suppliers , not one could supply . TWO are Dapol Gold Approved stockists according to the Dapol site, ONE did get a version in and then demanded 25% more than the guaranteed pre-order price, so out of principle was told where to put it, and the fourth never even bothered to tell me that they didn't have enough to fulfill pre-orders when they had them of retail sale in the meantime.

One of the Gold dealers had a Dapol delivery whilst I was in the local shop a few days ago. Expecting to be some class 22's the shopkeeper opened it in front of me , and there was loads of wagons ( I bought a pack of 5 grain vans) , a load of plastic kits, ( I bought 10 of the suburban C95 C96 kits, ) but not a single class 22 in sight. That to me proves, the dealers credit with Dapol was good, so I can't agree with 'not in good standing' innuendo.

One of the Dapol Gold dealers , yesterday rang me and said they didn't think they would be getting ANY of the green 22's now , the last delivery being the blue (D) 6322, and advised I purchase elsewhere.

All dealers had a valid card number from me , and address , and I've dealt with them ( and will continue to do so) , so that stops that little suspicion before its started.

Yes , I've seen them on sale - they were at Leamington show last weekend ( where I bought some EU621 DCC chips for them ready), the NEC after Christmas, but remember there's already 12 on pre-order if they all turn up so I don't want to go down the route of 'stitching up' those dealers with whom I have an excellent relationship for years. However I've now spoken with each one today and mutually agreed to cancel the pre-orders. Lesson learned for future.

Edited by baldrick25

This morning I finally decided to have a go at converting the Dapol wheels to P4. With the aid of a fan heater, I was able to survive the cold garage for long enough to produce my first wheel. I took some Gibson coach wheels and removed the tyres from their plastic centres, then prepared the Dapol wheel to receive them. The OO tyre was removed by turning down to a flat suface just under 13mm diameter, then a 0.4mm step was cut into the outer edge of this surface to match the flange on the inside of the Gibson tyre. I then quickly turned up a couple of pieces from some suitable brass bar to act as a tyre press. After fitting the tyre, the inside of wheel was faced off to remove what little remained of the Dapol tyre.

post-6746-0-92617800-1327755487.jpg

post-6746-0-47697600-1327755489.jpg

post-6746-0-14316600-1327755491.jpg

Now, only seven more to do...

Coincidentally, Geoff (sparky) has drawn my attention to a new development on the Ultrascale web site. Putting two and two together, it looks like they may be considering offering to do something similar with customers wheels. Either that or they've managed to get a supply of the standard Dapol wheels.

Nick

ps. as I'm progressing quite well with a few more of the wheels, I'll post a more detailed account on my workshop blog later today.

Edited by buffalo
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

So - if I understand what you're saying - the current Dapol model represents one of the main production batch D6306 to D6333 AFTER fitting of headcode panels.

This batch WERE delivered in overall green, but all those fitted with headcode panels had small yellow panels before or when they were converted.

Thus the current Dapol model cannot be prototypically produced in overall green.

Will Kernow consider commissioning the modification of the tools to allow an overall green version to be produced - there certainly seems to be plenty of interest?

Thanks,

John Isherwood.

I originally ordered an overall green version but was still happy to have D6331 with yellow panels. However, if an overall green D6321 was available then I would be ordering it NOW! D6321 in this form was an engine I can just remember from my childhood holidays in Cornwall - also looking forward the to D6XX Warship for similar reasons.

Hi Baldrick,

lets see if i can help clarify this for you.

Can you PM me with details of the stockists who you ordered from and i'll PM you back with the information regarding class 22 deliveries to them and how many were supplied.

this should clear things up either way i think.

cheers

Dave

cctransuk, on 19 January 2012 - 16:44 , said:

Will Kernow consider commissioning the modification of the tools to allow an overall green version to be produced - there certainly seems to be plenty of interest?

However, if an overall green D6321 was available then I would be ordering it NOW!

It was my understanding that Dapol would be producing a disc headcode version, including all green, in the future.

Hi Baldrick,

i have checked the situation with gold stockists and class 22 delivery but cannot check exact stock levels until monday.

Rest assured that ALL gold stockists did receive green class 22's, so one saying they did not is not accurate, sorry.

hope this helps a bit and look forward to your PM.

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Just to clarify the liveries on the class 22's what time scale did the class 22's remain in overall green without the half yellow warning panel......or did some receive a yellow warning panel when they were first built?

R

Guest baldrick25

Hi Baldrick,

i have checked the situation with gold stockists and class 22 delivery but cannot check exact stock levels until monday.

Rest assured that ALL gold stockists did receive green class 22's, so one saying they did not is not accurate, sorry.

hope this helps a bit and look forward to your PM.

cheers

Dave

Rest assured that is not correct. I've just rang my local dealer ,a Dapol Gold stockist of course, asking if he's got the 22's in yet , and in in an air of sheer desperation, said, 'No I bl***y well have NOT' .

You really need to get out amongst the dealer network more, Dave, and see exactly what he and other modelshops are saying, and other modellers. I read your post to the dealer, and amid raucous laughter , 'typical , just typical' was heard.

In case you wonder why I'm persisting with this when Hattons and other box shifters have in excess of 50 of each in stock , its simply that I support with my wallet the smaller dealers , because they take the trouble to stock so many other items that I want for modelling. Take them out of the equation, then where I do go for those things!

If Dapol want my trade , then they really have to pull their distribution socks up.

Edited by baldrick25
  • Like 1

I got my D6313 this week - very nice model - plugged in my TCS 621 - hint if you have a digitrax controller then reprogramming CV36 to 16 on this decoder will allow the cab lights to be controlled by buttons 1 & 3 rather than 1 & 2 (as button 2 isnt latching on digitrax)

Anyway all going smoothly until I tried to fit Kadees and had very big droop from the NEM sockets - it seemed to be the socket mounting causing the droop rather than the normal cause of the NEM socket having too much play in it - anyone else got this problem and come up with a solution?

Ideas gratefully received.

Hi Baldrick,

I'm not sure where I can now go to clarify this further for you?

I have told you exactly the situation regarding models of the class 22 to stockists, but this doesn't seem to be good enough.

I've also asked you to PM me with details of exactly which stockist you are referring to, to allow me to comment further on Monday knowing all the details. As you haven't contacted me with a PM but replied here in rather disparaging terms towards Dapol and our / my "need to get out there amongst the dealer network more", I can only surmise there might be more to this than meets the eye.

To everyone else, please note I have never, and will never, lie or "miss truth" to this forum, and I am sorry if this doesn't tally with what customers are told by stockists and I hope there is some sort of miscommunication in there somewhere. However as it stands, and i have personally checked ALL gold stockists have received class 22 locomotives. ( usual caveats apply until I can check quantities etc on Monday).

Cheers

Dave

• Like 7

Dave,

I am a muppet and managed to break one of the valances for my D1000A (blue) ... I've not had a response from the contact email on your website and can't seem to PM you on here atm ... could you drop me a pm when you get a chance.

Ta

Anyway all going smoothly until I tried to fit Kadees and had very big droop from the NEM sockets - it seemed to be the socket mounting causing the droop rather than the normal cause of the NEM socket having too much play in it - anyone else got this problem and come up with a solution?

Ideas gratefully received.

Mine are a bit sloppy too. However, the slop appears to be in the pocket rather than the fixing, so i've put some card in under the coupling and bent the kadee wire up slightly. Not quite sure how i'm going to fix the Kernow Beattie which is displaying the same problem ...

Rest assured that is not correct. I've just rang my local dealer ,a Dapol Gold stockist of course, asking if he's got the 22's in yet , and in in an air of sheer desperation, said, 'No I bl***y well have NOT' .

You really need to get out amongst the dealer network more, Dave, and see exactly what he and other modelshops are saying, and other modellers. I read your post to the dealer, and amid raucous laughter , 'typical , just typical' was heard.

In case you wonder why I'm persisting with this when Hattons and other box shifters have in excess of 50 of each in stock , its simply that I support with my wallet the smaller dealers , because they take the trouble to stock so many other items that I want for modelling. Take them out of the equation, then where I do go for those things!

If Dapol want my trade , then they really have to pull their distribution socks up.

Baldrick - Dave has already replied to this somewhat testy post. I'm sure you are frustrated by the situation, but resorting to impoliteness is not going to help. I suggest you PM details to Dave (politely) as he has asked, and refrain from further public comment until Dave has been able to check things on Monday as he has stated.

• RMweb Premium
To everyone else, please note I have never, and will never, lie or "miss truth" to this forum, and I am sorry if this doesn't tally with what customers are told by stockists and I hope there is some sort of miscommunication in there somewhere.

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

Your personal commitment to customer service is second to none.

• Like 1

Rest assured that is not correct. I've just rang my local dealer ,a Dapol Gold stockist of course, asking if he's got the 22's in yet , and in in an air of sheer desperation, said, 'No I bl***y well have NOT'

Did you go through ALL deliveries (or delivery notes) to this stockists to confirm that none were delivered?

You say that none were delivered, how many did they order from Dapol, was there an order, was the order not filled, partially filled or filled in its entirety?

Paperwork is proof, saying "I didnt get any" isnt.

No need for nastiness, Dapol Dave really does take customer service seriously and to basically call him a liar WITH NO PROOF is bang out of order, DD does not need to prove anything but is taking the time and effort to prove that he is correct and the dealer has made an error, I cannot see what more DD can do.

The dealer says no, DD says yes, and you decide to believe the dealer, why?

Have you sent that email to DD yet?

Hi Baldrick,

I'm not sure where I can now go to clarify this further for you?

I have told you exactly the situation regarding models of the class 22 to stockists, but this doesn't seem to be good enough.

I've also asked you to PM me with details of exactly which stockist you are referring to, to allow me to comment further on Monday knowing all the details. As you haven't contacted me with a PM but replied here in rather disparaging terms towards Dapol and our / my "need to get out there amongst the dealer network more", I can only surmise there might be more to this than meets the eye.

To everyone else, please note I have never, and will never, lie or "miss truth" to this forum, and I am sorry if this doesn't tally with what customers are told by stockists and I hope there is some sort of miscommunication in there somewhere. However as it stands, and i have personally checked ALL gold stockists have received class 22 locomotives. ( usual caveats apply until I can check quantities etc on Monday).

Cheers

Dave

I have to say that when I flagged a problem with my N Gauge Class 26's lights Dave was very quick to offer to replace it even though technically my contract was with the retailer and not Dapol. I can only echo what others have said about Dave's commitment to sorting peope's issues out, it is a breath of fresh air and over and above the call of duty.

Dont forget Dave's day job is product development not Customer Service and what he does on here for me is well beyond that, and I suspect much of it in his own time.

I also find his candour refreshing when things don't go right with a product.

Roy

• Like 2

Just to clarify the liveries on the class 22's what time scale did the class 22's remain in overall green without the half yellow warning panel......or did some receive a yellow warning panel when they were first built?

R

All class 22s up to D6333 were delivered in all over green with no boxes. After that things get a bit murky. D6334 and 5 definitely were released into traffic in all over green with boxes. I'm really not sure what NBL did paint wise after that because I have a picture D6356 on a test run in all over green, but another picture on here showed a pair of lower numbered 22s on their delivery run with yellow pannels. I've a feeling NBL might have added a yellow pannel after they were satisfied with their test run. To be safe, only D6334 and 5 can be modeled in all over green with boxes.

Just out of interest D6333 remained all over green until 1967 when it was painted straight into BR blue with a full yellow pannel with boxes. Quite a few of the pre box 22s received a small yellow pannel before they were fitted with boxes, I couldn't say which ones though. You'll have to check out photos on flickr etc. Non recieved BR blue or a full yellow pannel. D6301 never got its boxes and was scrapped in green with a small yellow pannel.

Jim

Edited by D605Eagle
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Coincidentally, Geoff (sparky) has drawn my attention to a new development on the Ultrascale web site. Putting two and two together, it looks like they may be considering offering to do something similar with customers wheels. Either that or they've managed to get a supply of the standard Dapol wheels.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Having read the above I emailed Ultrascale yesterday enquiring about having a set of wheels modified for EM and received a prompt and detailed reply. It appears that this was a trial run. They do not hold a stock of Dapol wheels, your wheels would have to be sent to them and, quite naturally, they will not be responsible for any breakages. The killer point for me, short of winning the Lottery, is that the turning down of each set of wheels has to be done manually and takes a full 8 hour day, so the labour costs would make them a very expensive set of wheels.

On the subject of wheel conversion, and following a chat with a fellow EMGS member at the Southampton show yesterday, which incidentally had a wide range of layouts and was excellent, one solution could be to use Alan Gibson 14mm spoked coach wheels if the Dapol Class 22 uses 2 mm axles. I know these are 10 and not 11 spoke, but if anyone can tell the difference when the loco is on the track their eyesight is much better than mine :O Can anyone confirm the axle size for me?

Chris P

• Like 2