The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Most memorable insult you have ever been offered.

34theletterbetweenB&D

"You are a sack of shit disguised in a human skin."

(Refused to stay late in the office to clear up the person's screw up, having well before told said person, just don't even think of doing it that way. On the other hand he was French, and all was calm and well the following morning; such light hearted badinage being completely normal for those of the batrachian persuasion.)

A good source for replies to insults are Comedian's answers to hecklers.

My two favourites:-

(Ask the person to smile) "That's not a bad set of teeth for an @sshole"

"The last time I saw a mouth like yours it had a plastic seat round it".

On one of the occasions a passenger informed me that my job is easy, I replied-

Yes its so easy a monkey could do it, in fact with a bit of practice you could do it as well

I then walked off while he thought about what I had just said!

Edit for spellin.

I couldn't possibly reproduce all it here, :angel:

You are a <..............> arrogant,<..............> opinionated, <..............> loudmouthed <..............> obnoxious <.............> <.................> <..............> etc. etc. :nono:

Thank you, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day. :sungum:

I cannot say whether I hit him after that or not :stinker:

In the middle of a school maths exam; the invigilating teacher walked up to my desk, and stopped. When I looked up at him, he very gently whispered: "do you know, you have the kind of face that makes people want to hit it". And then he silently drifted away.

• RMweb Premium

In the middle of a school maths exam; the invigilating teacher walked up to my desk, and stopped. When I looked up at him, he very gently whispered: "do you know, you have the kind of face that makes people want to hit it". And then he silently drifted away.

That sounds like one of the infamous invigilation games that gets played. Usually its the like of stand by the one who will end up behind bars/pregnant etc....

Andy G

• RMweb Gold

My son Matthew came home from junior school one day and recalled a conversation with classmate Billy.

Matthew "you are as thick as two short planks"

Billy "so what, you are as thick as one short plank"

You might have answered in the style of Oscar Wilde: "Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them more."

The first Good Beer Guide had this warning for Watney's - avoid like the plague. It was quickly re-printed although some original copies are still around.

Also a local pub guide I have has this to say about one entry - worth a visit if only for the pleasure of leaving again.

G.

After I managed to trip up over my own shadow once I was told by a member of my family that I was like "a fairy on a gob of lard".  My late father did often describe me as looking like "a bag of sh** tied up in the middle" when I was dressed scruffily.  Another instance was if I said something sarcastic I'd usually get a riposte "If wit were sh*t you'd be constipated".

Another former relative of mine, whose visage was a challenging sight, was described by another member of the family as "having a face like a bosted pit boot".

One day I'll write down all the put downs my family have used over the years and call it "My Family and Other Idioms".

• RMweb Gold

One of the best from Blackadder gets used a lot: "who's using the family brain cell at the moment?"

My uncle told my brother aged about 12 that he was an embolus; asked for clarification, uncle explained "a bloody clot that gets in the way!"

Archived