Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 25th/26th November 2017

Barry O

Spectacular. You should hold a masterclass in how to prepare for such events.

I would but then next year I wouldn't get exhibits to myself where I can waft my SLR zoom lens around.

All joking aside, I am looking forward to tomorrow, it will be busy, but the alternative would be the end of Warley.

It's a special event that always serves up treats so it's worth the bit of buffeting and the angst of a lot of people in very close proximity.

edit, thought of a strapline "Warley - Disneyworld for model rail enthusiasts"

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 2

The hair, don't forget the hair. It should be shaggy and unkempt with remnants of last night's pizza...

I feel I must protest. That is blatant discrimination against those of us that don't have hair. Or pizza.

:onthequiet:

I would but then next year I wouldn't get exhibits to myself where I can waft my SLR zoom lens around.

All joking aside, I am looking forward to tomorrow, it will be busy, but the alternative would be the end of Warley.

It's a special event that always serves up treats so it's worth the bit of buffeting and the angst of a lot of people in very close proximity.

edit, thought of a strapline "Warley - Disneyworld for model rail enthusiasts"

I presume you’ve set your flash to maximum dazzle? Also I believe it’s quite form to snap away without ever checking with owners and that the best pictures result when you’ve shooed an enthusiastic child out of shot!

• RMweb Premium

I am on the 08:03 out of Euston and the 18:20 from Birmingham International back to Euston tomorrow and I am looking forward to the day. Yes, it will be crowded and there will be a few who appear to be allergic to soap but it will still be a good day. I look forward to meeting other members of RMweb during the day.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

To Warley or not to Warley, that is the question.

Well, it all depends on whether one can get ones lazy backside out of bed for the drive at 7:30. Having flicked through the layout list and images it looks appealing but I am out all day Sunday as well with my other addiction (Golf)

I know, its a tough life.

• RMweb Premium

I wish anyone that is going to this show a lovely day/weekend.

I would rather not be there, having been a few times many years ago with the late Geoff Brewin before he took on Comet Models. The place has too many memories of the wrong sort.

However, not going to Warley is like making love to a beautiful partner, comfortable, quite quiet, doesn't take all day (well not these days) and is normally very satisfying. It also costs less as in my case I paid 7/6d in 1968 for my 'beautiful partner', I don't get tempted to drink loads of gas filled beer and scoff greasy snap whilst I am doing it, and I also don't have to pretend I've not got anything stuffed down my trousers to get into the house.

Good evening,

A. Bloke

Post 280 - is that a model of Captain Kernow in the last picture?

It's a clone - the real Captain Kernow is over at Wheels Park watching the sausage racing.

Or that's what he hopes it is..............................

I would rather not be there, having been a few times many years ago with the late Geoff Brewin before he took on Comet Models. The place has too many memories of the wrong sort.

However, not going to Warley is like making love to a beautiful partner, comfortable, quite quiet, doesn't take all day (well not these days) and is normally very satisfying. It also costs less as in my case I paid 7/6d in 1968 for my 'beautiful partner', I don't get tempted to drink loads of gas filled beer and scoff greasy snap whilst I am doing it, and I also don't have to pretend I've not got anything stuffed down my trousers to get into the house.

Good evening,

A.strange Bloke

• RMweb Gold

My home for the weekend is the unhired help playing trains on the Hornby Magazine layout Twelve Trees Junction on  the combine Hornby / Hornby Magazine Stand with her lovely H Class as the backdrop.

Pop by and say hello.

post-243-0-26425400-1511549125_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-35546000-1511549164_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-65689800-1511549200_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

To Warley or not to Warley, that is the question.

Well, it all depends on whether one can get ones lazy backside out of bed for the drive at 7:30. Having flicked through the layout list and images it looks appealing but I am out all day Sunday as well with my other addiction (Golf)

I know, its a tough life.

Hi...

Well at least if you do attend (as Mark Twain may have said) if you have good walk around the Hall on Saturday this won't be spoilt as much as it may be on Sunday if you're playing golf?

Only kidding....have a great weekend either way...

Regards

Bob

Edited by BobM

My home for the weekend is the unhired help playing trains on the Hornby Magazine layout Twelve Trees Junction on  the combine Hornby / Hornby Magazine Stand with her lovely H Class as the backdrop.

Pop by and say hello.

attachicon.gifIMG_5206.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5208.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5209.JPG

Who else took a close look at the models in the picture in case of an Engine Shed surprise hidden in plain view?

• Like 1

I presume you’ve set your flash to maximum dazzle? Also I believe it’s quite form to snap away without ever checking with owners and that the best pictures result when you’ve shooed an enthusiastic child out of shot!

Don't forget your tripod and/or selfie stick too :-)

• RMweb Gold

Safely camped at the Crowne plaza, off to the bar, if you see a fat bloke with a pint in one hand and red, yellow, green marker pens highlighting his map in the other with iPad with RMWeb open..that would be me.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

Good evening,

A.strange Bloke

You too buddy.

A.N Otherstrangebloke.

Since people are worried about food prices, I snapped a few hopefully helpful guide prices:

Food1.jpg

Food2.jpg

Food3.jpg

Food4.jpg

Food5.jpg

These were from the in-hall food stands with easily visible signs. There are plenty of others with fronts shuttered on Friday night, but you get the idea. Robert was also putting out more than 2 real trains worth of seating for those who want to bring their own, or just need to rest legs.

• Like 1

Pop by and say hello.

attachicon.gifIMG_5206.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5208.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5209.JPG

Will say hello on Sunday Graham good to see a Risboro prescence.   Chris