RMweb

Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

anyone know if the imminent arrival is for both the N and oo versions?

Just 00. The N gauge one will be going in for tooling once the 00 is out there. I'm assuming so that they can fix any little issues and make the an Gauge one better

Alistair

According to Hattons website Monday 13th February

I believe that Monday 13th is the date they are expected dockside. They will still need to be unloaded, clear customs, delivered to Dapol, unpacked, re-packed and distributed, so unlikely to hit the shops before the week beginning Monday 20th - assuming that the 13th is the landing date.

Just got this from the shop I preordered from...

attachicon.gifIMG_2967.PNG

So imminent delivery apparently.

Thanks,

Jack.

I got the same email but for the DCC fitted version the expected date is 27 Feb. Perhaps Dapol are fitting the decoders in the UK hence the 11 day difference?

A point worth highlighting for DCC users buying a DCC ready version - if you want the halo lights to work you need a 6 function decoder. For more details see the Dapol Digest. Dapol have confirmed the DCC fitted versions will have 6 function decoders. 

Getting excited now.....

Cheers

Sam

• RMweb Premium

Also advised by Hattons that it should be dispatched later this week.

Hopefully will arrive ready for me to fit Biffo class 68 sound chip purchased at our exhibition (Stafford) in readiness for duties at Glasgow the next weekend on Oil Drum Lane

Might even get a chance for a light weathering job.

Terry

• Like 2

Also advised by Hattons that it should be dispatched later this week.

Hopefully will arrive ready for me to fit Biffo class 68 sound chip purchased at our exhibition (Stafford) in readiness for duties at Glasgow the next weekend on Oil Drum Lane

Might even get a chance for a light weathering job.

Terry

So why did hattons tell you it should be despatched this week when Dapol haven't even said on there digest forum they are in the U.K. yet

I'm assuming that the container that was parked outside Dapol HQ today, (pic was posted by one of the staff members on their company account), with a quote of ' I wonder what's in here?' Could tie up with them having being delivered.

So could be going to stockists soon.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=271557516598982&id=100012342070339

Alistair

• RMweb Premium

I have pre-ordered the six models as DCC Fitted models.

According to Hattons it says that they will be in stock on or after Monday 27th February. As has been mentioned previously this is probably to allow for the DCC Decoders to be fitted. I'm sure we will all have them soon. Really looking forward to receiving them.

So why did hattons tell you it should be despatched this week when Dapol haven't even said on there digest forum they are in the U.K. yet

Dapol said on their Digest that the next advice would be when the Class 68s were being sent to stockists, presumably after some random sampling of the ones they receive.

• RMweb Premium

Could be they know more information than you do!

• Like 2

I have pre-ordered the six models as DCC Fitted models.

According to Hattons it says that they will be in stock on or after Monday 27th February. As has been mentioned previously this is probably to allow for the DCC Decoders to be fitted. I'm sure we will all have them soon. Really looking forward to receiving them.

You are on a mission! I thought I was bad ordering three. I’ve been fairly happy with my 73s, very possibly because I haven’t tried to fit a decoder or speaker. Videos of the real 68s (no irritating ying-ying, just a beautiful throb) have suckered me in, hoping that Dapol has learnt lessons and taken more care. I shall know soon.

You are on a mission! I thought I was bad ordering three. I’ve been fairly happy with my 73s, very possibly because I haven’t tried to fit a decoder or speaker. Videos of the real 68s (no irritating ying-ying, just a beautiful throb) have suckered me in, hoping that Dapol has learnt lessons and taken more care. I shall know soon.

This is why i ordered mine dcc fitted... i did wounder if this would be done as part of the build rather than once they arrived in the UK ??

I am quite worried to see that all pre-ordered DRS Class 68 Sound Fitted models have been sold out, does this mean Dapol will not produce anymore for the market and that's it or can I safely assume they will churn out more at a later date?

Too be honest I hope it is the latter because I am tired of being ripped off on eBay when I've missed the boat due to personal financial circumstances especially when these models are not even a limited run or special edition.

Plus Hatton's and Olivia's Trains seem to have over a £20-£40 premium respectively with sound over the Dapol price but not sure they are even using Legomanbiffo sounds which is what I would want, not to mention those prices are way to steep.

Any advise on the above will be appreciated.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Premium

If the sound fitted models have all sold out and there's still demand from the shops then it's highly likely that Dapol will re-run the sound fitted model, probably with a different running number.

Have they all sold out to pre-orders though? The likes of Hattons and Kernow may have sold out but many of the smaller model shops may well still have them in stock.

Alternatively, buy a DC loco and fit a Legomanbiffo decoder yourself.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.