Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

(ABANDONED PROJECT) Trewithen.

Andrew P

So what has the Old Bodgit been up to?

Well not a lot really, I lifted the Station and re built the Platform on a curve.

TBH I was reluctant to do it to begin with, as I felt it was copying Pencarne, but now I've done it I'm delighted with it., The Tracks still need straitening and fixing but a test has shown it all works well and looks so much better.

I decided not to change the Bay as I prefer the strait into the double sided Bay.

post-9335-0-90460800-1489775404_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07035100-1489775594_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-30523700-1489775644_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-58151800-1489775671_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

So what has the Old Bodgit been up to?

Well not a lot really, I lifted the Station and re built the Platform on a curve.

TBH I was reluctant to do it to begin with, as I felt it was copying Pencarne, but now I've done it I'm delighted with it., The Tracks still need straitening and fixing but a test has shown it all works well and looks so much better.

I decided not to change the Bay as I prefer the strait into the double sided Bay.

attachicon.gifRe Laid Station 2 005.JPG

attachicon.gifRe Laid Station 2 006.JPG

attachicon.gifRe Laid Station 2 007.JPG

attachicon.gifRe Laid Station 2 010.JPG

Very nice Andy. Don't ever worry about copying Pen - there was so much about that layout that was just right. You should be happy to reuse your ideas.

• RMweb Gold

That looks like a lot of work to me! To pull up the platform and rebuilt it, I'd of really struggled. But, looks good, a much nicer sweep there now. Makes me wish I'd not gone the other way a little and straighten mine out... (a little)

• RMweb Gold

Well eleven's only lasted half an hour, but I've been out and purchased a new Camera today.

I dropped my Fuji about a year ago and the Batteries have been held in with an elastic band since then, so I thought it was about time I treated myself.

It's a Cannon SX420 IS with 20 Mega Pixel and 42 x Optical Zoom, and I chose the Red as It looked so smart.

attachicon.gifNew Camera 001.JPG

attachicon.gifNew Camera 002.JPG

I'll post some Layout pics later, to try it out ready for the weekend.

I just bought a car in that metallic candy-red colour. A lady (?) on my Facebook page described it as "Dogknob red"!

Thanks everybody for all the above and Likes etc. Today the 3rd out of 4 Gaugemaster Point Motors finally gave up the ghost, this time it was the pin, it had ''wobbled'' from day one, but today as the Motor threw from side to side the pin just waved at me, good job I hadn't even cut it off yet.

So it was replaced with one of my Peco Hybrids, and now all is well, and peace and harmony have come back to Chapel Junction, (that's the Point on the Junction, in case you hadn't guessed).

Off to the Nottingham Show tomorrow, and I hope to get a Ratio Junction Signal and some Micro connectors as suggested by Shaun / Sasquatch.  

I've been doing some experiments with the Station area and Yard as well today, and I should have some movement on that next week as well.

Well today at the Nottingham Show I did pick up some Micro Plugs for connecting the Signals, so they can be fitted later.

Also I bought 8 X SR / GW Wagons.

And finally a nice Aluminium Sign for ''T''.

post-9335-0-57172000-1489946908_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

I see you've snuck another layout into the shed whilst my back was turned :O :o

Looking good, and I love your ideas for the countryside round it.

Hope to have some more time soon to catch up and do a bit of modelling myself.

All the best,

Al.

Hi Andy,

I see you've snuck another layout into the shed whilst my back was turned :O :o

Looking good, and I love your ideas for the countryside round it.

Hope to have some more time soon to catch up and do a bit of modelling myself.

All the best,

Al.

Hi Al, Thanks and good to see you posting again mate, I hope you enjoy Trewithen and Kingsford.

Well 3 steps forward and 5 back today.

On Sunday I picked up some micro Male / Female plugs for the Signals, as suggested by Shaun / Sasquatch, so today I decided to wire them in to finish of the underside of the board.

Tested the first Signal, up and down perfect but no lights, in the end 4 out of 4 failures, now that must be some sort of a record for the Dapol Signals.

A couple of Months ago I had an E-Mail from Dapol saying that they should now be wired to 12V DC and NOT the 16V AC as in the instructions, so a few weeks back I spoke to Gaugemaster and they confirmed the same and recommended the G/M WM4 12V DC Transformer and that is what I'm using, so most strange.

Dapol do not have any in stock, and so they advised contacting Hattons who I bought them from. 

FULL MARKS TO HATTONS, They said put them in the post, we will refund the postage, and also check the replacements before we post them out, how brilliant is that.? 

At least when the replacements arrive all have to do is to solder on the connecting plugs AGAIN, and there ready for fitting when I'm ready.

Like the sign Andy who do you get to make that for you ???

Thanks Martin, it was a Sign Maker at the Nottingham Show, I cant remember their name but it will be in the list of Traders. They did one for Bitton a couple of years back, it's Aluminium with a vinal overlay,and that is the smallest, (about 18 inches long) they also do square and oblong as well in and region or colour, that was £35.

Thanks for the information regarding the sign mate will check through the Nottingham website and see if I can find the maker.

Really bad luck with those Dapol signals I have never bought any to be honest but I have often questioned the 16 v AC bit. I think the most important thing is that the 12v DC current is 'smoothed' a bit like the current recommended for the Megapoint system that I am using .... 

Glad to see your pushing on now really enjoying your ramblings as usual ....by the way have you had an explosion over the other layout .......note to yourself Andy ' I must work smarter and keep the place TIDY '''''' :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Well I guess it shows your enjoying yourself..... :senile:  

I will be quite interested in how you do the fiddle yard

Thanks Dan, Basically it will be the same as Pencarne, set at 90 degrees to the Layout and fed from Peco Right Hand Set Track Curved Points.

post-9335-0-73230400-1490218179_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27935700-1490218200_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90764700-1490218216_thumb.jpg

The only difference being that Trewithen will have two separate Sections for SR and GWR.

Thanks for the information regarding the sign mate will check through the Nottingham website and see if I can find the maker.

Really bad luck with those Dapol signals I have never bought any to be honest but I have often questioned the 16 v AC bit. I think the most important thing is that the 12v DC current is 'smoothed' a bit like the current recommended for the Megapoint system that I am using .... 

Glad to see your pushing on now really enjoying your ramblings as usual ....by the way have you had an explosion over the other layout .......note to yourself Andy ' I must work smarter and keep the place TIDY '''''' :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Well I guess it shows your enjoying yourself..... :senile:   

Thanks Martin, re Kingsford and the little mess, I have right arm syndrome, once I've done a job, anything in my right hand gets thrown over my shoulder, and generally either ends up on Kingsford or the floor.

I hope to lay the fiddle Yard  tomorrow and then if all works well, I can make a start on the Point Rodding.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Martin, re Kingsford and the little mess, I have right arm syndrome, once I've done a job, anything in my right hand gets thrown over my shoulder, and generally either ends up on Kingsford or the floor.

I hope to lay the fiddle Yard  tomorrow and then if all works well, I can make a start on the Point Rodding.

I understand that Miss Rivette Counture will be to hand with all the advice you need.

Archived