Bargain Hunters Mark 2

Micro LED string lights £4.76 for 4 strings of 50 bulbs

Costco Reading (membership club, if you weren't aware).

Saw these in their Reading branch yesterday (Fri). 4 sets of micro LEDs on a string. Takes 3xAA batteries. After Christmas I'm thinking could be really good for some building interior lighting. As the LEDs are embedded (like with a hot glue, although I don't think it is hot glue, maybe clear resin) on the wire I cannot see a model use where the lights would be visible. But building interiors could be perfect.

Not sure what the original price was, but now reduced to £4.76 (inc the VAT), or £1.20/ set.

I'd like to work out how to power them of either DCC or using an old mobile phone charger instead of batteries.

post-31758-0-32127700-1513989619.jpg

post-31758-0-69622300-1513989632.jpg

post-31758-0-60842000-1513989644.jpg

• Like 2

Rails Of Sheffield have got a sale on, it's advertised on their home page in maroon and contains 292 items. Some of the items were already reduced and some were available previously as one day deals in the advent calendar, however I believe there are some items with new price reductions.

As far as I can see, there's no change in price at all for most items*, they're still at their standard bargain price.  The Hornby KG1 with TTS has varied between £109 and £99 through the month but now you can get it for £100 with and £70 without TTS.  If you want a Railroad Class 31 with TTS, they're being offered for £80, which is reasonable.

* Not an exhaustive survey, I've just looked at things of interest to me!

Down another £10 to £69.50 now.

Stop it!

You should buy one at that price, Mike. Ten minutes later it will go down to £49.50 and then I might have one too...

• RMweb Gold

Down another £10 to £69.50 now.

I really don’t need a 10th western... I really don’t...

But...

There’s a few interesting reductions here..

4x Bachmann Hi-bar (early or late) for £44

Hornby 4-4-0 D16’s for £79, but not Claud Hamilton.

Hornby R3373/4 class 71’s for £79

Weathered Crosti for £87

Edited by adb968008

I really don’t need a 10th western... I really don’t...

But...

There’s a few interesting reductions here..

4x Bachmann Hi-bar (early or late) for £44

Hornby 4-4-0 D16’s for £79, but not Claud Hamilton.

Hornby R3373/4 class 71’s for £79

Weathered Crosti for £87

Nor did I but I didn't stop me !!

• RMweb Gold

Weathered Crosti for £87

Interesting pricing over the months. Last Dec it was £79.50 + p/p but for one day only in the Advent calendar it was £79.50 post free, which was when my resolve finally cracked. With a few hours low-tech modelling she can be made pretty acceptable.

post-11293-0-86630400-1514034642.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Doesn't seem to be an advent offer for today on rails website.

That’s because Christmas came early in Sheffield.

Santa’s arriving at my gaff with two Westerns instead of a reindeer, it’s in Real-time trains..

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/S73184/2017/12/24/advanced

“Due to a lack of elves, this service will be formed of five instead of ten sleighs. All stops will still be served”...

Also note it isn’t DOO.

Ps. Before hitting reply Remember it’s the bargains thread, multiple Scrooge’s live by this thread and might get upset.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

DCC Concepts have  no11 (20 pair #5) Kadee coupling packs available for £19.96 - which is around £15-20 less than most places. They don't for some reason sell the draft boxes, but at this price it's a snip anyway.

Edited by dolydd

• RMweb Gold

WARNING:

VIRUS INFECTED

DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK

The link is fine - it takes you directly to the Sawyer website.  Perhaps your virus software is being a bit over zealous?