• RMweb Premium

I thought some RTR manufacturer was supposed to be making an announcement yesterday?

Nope, that was me burping. January 8th and I know that the Crane tank is the big secret that is not to be revealed to anyone as they will have to be silenced without mercy.

Si. Lence

• RMweb Premium

Nope, that was me burping. January 8th and I know that the Crane tank is the big secret that is not to be revealed to anyone as they will have to be silenced without mercy.

Si. Lence

G6 mate :)

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Si. Lence

You should have seen how excited the dogs were when I told them...oh dear looks like I made a mistake.

The dogs do tend to get excited no matter what gibberish I am saying.

• RMweb Gold

They were called Bagnalls because all the original S&DJR 0-6-0T 3Fs were built by Bagnalls.

Why is someone swinging Prince Charles' pram into the side of that locomotive, by the way?

Perhaps they don't realise that it's the wrong box.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Why is someone swinging Prince Charles' pram into the side of that locomotive, by the way?

Perhaps they don't realise that it's the wrong box.

It's the sandwich box, hence the design, the cake box being on the other arm.

Thanks for the entertainment this year Tim, glad to see you're back in the land of Gentlemen and Model Experts !

All the very best for 2018 matey :)

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

No I am not wishing anyone a happy new year, if you go back ten days I have already done so. The new year starts at the winter solstice. See I can be a bigger misery at new year than at Xmas. :umbrage:

Helen, never trust a hippy

• RMweb Premium

Hi Tim

On the Ransome crane thread you posted "£200", well I was so tempted to post "Going Going Gone to the cat at the back" then thought some of these guys are being serious.....

Helen, never trust a hippy

So back to normal,

I have this single, the record shop I used to frequent only had four import copies. 2 went to my mates who pretended to work in there, no idea who had the 4th.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Now here's a bit of an odd thing. Earlier this evening, while I was assisting CTMK make here extremely healthy blueberry pancakes for tea, it occurred to me that the kitchen lights were a bit less bright than normal and the same in other rooms. CTMK felt the same.

Later on in the evening, the lights suddenly brightened a bit, and stayed at that level of brightness.

Is the National Grid supplying us with a lower level of voltage at peak times, in order to avoid having to turn the lights off completely somewhere?

• RMweb Premium

Now here's a bit of an odd thing. Earlier this evening, while I was assisting CTMK make here extremely healthy blueberry pancakes for tea, it occurred to me that the kitchen lights were a bit less bright than normal and the same in other rooms. CTMK felt the same.

Later on in the evening, the lights suddenly brightened a bit, and stayed at that level of brightness.

Is the National Grid supplying us with a lower level of voltage at peak times, in order to avoid having to turn the lights off completely somewhere?

Mr Captain

Yes.

Deep in my memory is an explanation of the phenomenon you and your good lady (and lots of others) experienced. At busy times the voltage can drop, and is sometimes made to drop as to maintain the frequency of the alternating current at 50 cycles per second or else everything could go "PUFF".  That is what would happen if the grid people tried to keep the voltage constant. I was taught that as a 16 year old trainee engineer with the CEGB while I was working in the control room at Goldington Power Station. The next stage is taking some of the load off the system, a power cut.

So when everything goes "PUFF" you know why.