That's a very big coin someone has left on the track in the second pic. Maybe it was just a penny and as nothing happened for ages the penny just grew and grew.......Zzzzzzzzzzzz. I think I'll have some wine.

Phart.

I believe it was a chocolate orange !

Terry A. Gold

I have followed this thread and while not used to all this tidy trackwork, wiring and planning have not come across any nubile maidens as there are in other favourites.  Funny faces and comedy abound and as its Jenny's birthday, I felt sure today would be the day.  I've got to get the nun image out of my mind!

Brian.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The second photo, I just wish people wouldn't do that. Park their cars in front of advertising hoardings, how are we modellers supposed to get poster that are contemporary with our modelling if they are partly obscured.

It looks like it is an Avenger, so its probably broken down........

• RMweb Gold

I am sorely tempted by the 121, green, small yellow panel. It looks lovely and would, I think, look rather jolly on Mutton.

Dean in BR black looks nice as well.

Saw both on Tuesday in the local model emporium.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Do you think I ought to purchase a Dapol Class 121 or 122 railcar?

Assuming I've got enough half crowns slipped down the back of the sofa, that is.

The green bewhiskered GRCW unit is very nice except for the number, which is a) at the wrong end on one side and b) in the wrong typeface.

is it a green one?

Don't recall ever seeing a green half-crown.

• RMweb Gold

So is there anything seriously dimensionally inaccurate about the BR black Dean Goods that would have me hauled over the coals by the P4 Brigade, should I have the audacity to purchase one?

There are some serious inaccuracies surrounding the type of nail depicted securing the planks on the cab floor. Square head as opposed to round head.

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

There are some serious inaccuracies surrounding the type of nail depicted securing the planks on the cab floor. Square head as opposed to round head.

Rob.

Well, I was reading a review over on MRF by Adrian BS and he did mention them:

"Any fool know square"

Can someone remind me what the original topic was about over here? I'm sure this is turning into another version of SOSJ - same folks, same banter, but I've totally lost the plot as to what the original railway was about!

What is a Dean Good anyway? Is it some form of minor clergy?

Happy Christmas to you all ( Again!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, I was reading a review over on MRF by Adrian BS and he did mention them:

"Any fool know square"

Apparently square headed nails were only used at Wolverhampton Works for one year, 1854.

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Can someone remind me what the original topic was about over here? I'm sure this is turning into another version of SOSJ - same folks, same banter, but I've totally lost the plot as to what the original railway was about!

What is a Dean Good anyway? Is it some form of minor clergy?

Happy Christmas to you all ( Again!)

No idea, but who cares.

And what's this Christmas thing?

Edited by Clive Mortimore