• RMweb Premium

After a good Friday night session they were last seen dining out here I believe....

image.jpeg

Al Coholik

Exceptional pea-fritters from there. My childhood friend Brian O'Neil used to own it...

Come to think of it their battered mushrooms is gurt ace too!

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

Is that the same bloke in the flasher mack?

Yes, you are correct. His name is George Frowny and he's a spy working for MI3. His role on that date, at the height of the co(l)d war, was to meet up with his Soviet counterpart on a station bench at Radstock station and exchange identical briefcases, containing the names of all known Soviet operatives working in disguise in fish and chip bars in the district.

Unfortunately, having checked the Western station, he decided that his contact, one Vladimyr Chipandfitch Buggerov, would be waiting for him on the S&D station, so he went over there. As it turned out, this was all a quintuple double-cross on the part of his boss in London, Sir Tarquin Cuthbertson, who had already defected to the Soviet side when he was a student at Horrocksford College of Higher Education in the 1930s.

Unbeknownst to George, Sir Tarquin met up with Buggerov on the Western station a little while later and together they caught the 14.15 train to Vladivostock (via Bristol TM).

They stopped off for a secretive bag of chips from the Cod Father fish and chip emporium just off Black Pudding Lane in Radstock as this picture shows,

post-4133-0-53053700-1515837968_thumb.jpg

They were then followed to said station where their tail was photographed in the act of photographing them in the act,

post-4133-0-33358800-1515838068.png

It was the first time this gentleman had been let loose on a case and the first photo he took on active service.

post-4133-0-28854700-1515838145.jpg

K Philby.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It is indeed sir.

There you go. Nobody knew I was an expert on the Fiddle Yards of Great Britain, not even me. I think it was the Lighting Towers that gave me a hint and, believe it or not, the Blue Spot Fish van on the main line.

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

There you go. Nobody knew I was an expert on the Fiddle Yards of Great Britain, not even me. I think it was the Lighting Towers that gave me a hint and, believe it or not, the Blue Spot Fish van on the main line.

Phil

Does Gilbert or "Sir" have a train that trundles through their stations with a blue spot van on the back which they claim comes from Geordieland? :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

Phil

Here's an exclusive shot of it under construction:

post-21039-0-14786600-1515882274_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

AH!!! fuddle yards, from the start of the planning of Sheffield Exchange Mk2 I decided that the maximum length of each line would be the same as the maximum length of train I can get in the station. I am avoiding the temptation to use up as much space as possible and to make fiddle yard tracks longer than the maximum train length or to have short lines. I know I can get a small train with an isolating section down the far end where there is baseboard space but the temptation to make a train far too long for the station would happen. Or the little train down the far end will for ever be there. The space free of tracks is storage space for locos when being changed.

post-16423-0-89036000-1515882666_thumb.jpg

One advantage is every platform and every fiddle yard track can take a maximum length train. The longest trains will be eight car Mk1 EMUs (I know they wouldn't be in Sheffield but as I am building some I need somewhere to run them) or a six coach loco hauled train and when in the station a loco either end. Biggest locos, English Electric type 4s, or Brush type 4s normally a type 3 or a Brush type 2. Steam wise a class 5 4-6-0 or B1.  A Black five or a BR Bo-Bo Type 2 would look right on a six car cross country express or stopper. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Soz, apparently it's Carlisle.

Here's the weathered version.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180114-161921.png

Blood# #### that's a big yard and I spy Kingmoor in the distance. Is it P4 or Amen track by the way or Pecoboo Bullshi#e?

The ballast is carp.

The Blue Spot Van might be the one from Scotland with Arbroath Smokies or soemthing in it?

• RMweb Premium

Just got an email from Simon @ EMGS Stores.

My order for stuff* is now deemed to have been lost by the Right Royal Mail, so Simon is sending me out a replacement order that should be with me by the weekend#.

*P4Talk

#Will need to find another excuse for sitting on my 'arris and not getting on with my trainset... Mr Mojo Risin' (or not).