On the Serene & Delightful theme, today is my 65th birtday and my son and daughter gave me this:-

It’s an actual cast metal sign and the idea was that I hang it in the toilet but, being 16” x 12”, I don’t think the plasterboard will take itpost-24905-0-31855400-1515186553_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

He got the job when I left and moved on to other things.

I remember the anticipation and excitement when that book came out. I still have my original edition and it's one of my favourite S&D books. The images were astounding, especially to someone who only really knew those published in the David & Charles books hitherto.

It could well have been your fault then ;)

• RMweb Premium

There are some places where I am usually to blame or otherwise found wanting, so why not?

If it was you, then thank you.

I miss spiralling downwards into the basement of Whitemans and the delights there in.

Of course there always is the no:6/7 bus to Larkhall but that requires a spot of planning if one is skiving.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If it was you, then thank you.

I miss spiralling downwards into the basement of Whitemans and the delights there in.

Did you know that there was also a particularly horrible and somewhat frightening staff lavatory in that basement? Whilst it offered relative privacy, the ceiling was literally festooned with cobwebs and the lairs of rather large spiders.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

Did you know that there was also a particularly horrible and somewhat frightening staff lavatory in that basement? Whilst it offered relative privacy, the ceiling was literally festooned with cobwebs and the lairs of rather large spiders.

Above and beyond the call...

• RMweb Premium

No flies on you then.....

• RMweb Premium

Retooled Bulleids 'ey...

That can only mean Hornby must be doing the Ironclads.

Clive, yes you need another Boo-Boo

Hi Tim

I had a locomotive cull about 7 years ago I had over 30 BR type 2s, two still in there boxes unopened. Most were conversions of the lovely Hornby model. I sold off most my class 24s with headcode boxes and the early class 25/0s and still Bachmann and Sutton LW have not made them. I wish I hadn't been so ruthless in my downsizing.

• RMweb Premium

Is that really Swansea Docks? Looks like Glowcester. if 'tis Swansea, when was that Puggy shedded there then? It was allocated to Hasland in 1959.

I.M.Lost

Edit. Farcebook person says it is Swansea......looks too clean to me, but what do I know?

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Loving the brick-built rocket, that's just taking off.

Next time you're driving up the M5 in the vicinity of Taunton Deane, take a look up at the top of the hill to your right (in a supportive and extremely safe manner, of course) and see if you can see any whisps of exhaust gases coming from the base of the Wellington Monument, a thinly-veiled disguise masking Somerset County Council's contribution to the space race.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

Everybody's at it - this is Wiltshire's contribution to the space race...

post-5204-0-13569600-1515530259.jpg

At work we have to tender things via a web-portal called "Serving the South West", our particular category being Passenger Transport Services. But there is one called Satellite Launching Services which at least one of our bus company contractors signed-up to for tenders!