• RMweb Gold

Not painted and weathered but looking the part no less:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20171206-231500.png

From Paul O'Connor-Boyd's 'Shortley' on Flickr (scroll down to the bottom).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul-oconnor/albums/72157638474115173

It would be a crime to paint that set of points now!

• RMweb Gold

'A double red and green handsignal, which cannot exist, must not be used as a substitute for a yellow handsignal, waved slowly from side to side, unless this becomes necessary during fog and falling snow. Under such circumstances, the signalman in rear must use the special bell signal 5-3-5-2-3, repeated twice, which the box in advance does not need to acknowledge, unless the clearing point of the signal box next in advance has been temporarily occupied by an Officers Special consisting of no more than two locomotives, and inspection coach and three Prestwin silo wagons.'

• RMweb Premium

'A double red and green handsignal, which cannot exist, must not be used as a substitute for a yellow handsignal, waved slowly from side to side, unless this becomes necessary during fog and falling snow. Under such circumstances, the signalman in rear must use the special bell signal 5-3-5-2-3, repeated twice, which the box in advance does not need to acknowledge, unless the clearing point of the signal box next in advance has been temporarily occupied by an Officers Special consisting of no more than two locomotives, and inspection coach and three Prestwin silo wagons.'

Three Prestwins , now I am confused surely twins come in twos not threes? :dontknow:

I have now got to find 2 bob to go and buy a third one so I can replicate waving a yellow lamp slowly from side to side. :bye:

I think I have had enough of these purist and I am going to model the Southern. :fool:

• RMweb Premium

You'll need to ask tut committee first I'm afraid.

Dear Mr Duya

I am not thinking of modelling the the Lost Somewhere West of Reading or that one in Kent but the real Southern, the Brighton Line, with its lovely trains like PANs, BILs, CIGs, 6Ls, BEPs, HALs, EPBs, BELs, BIGs, LAVs, CORs, NOLs, 6Ss, PULs, HAPs, SUBs, BUFs, CEPs 3Ds AND 6Bs.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Duya

I am not thinking of modelling the the Lost Somewhere West of Reading or that one in Kent but the real Southern, the Brighton Line, with its lovely trains like PANs, BILs, CIGs, 6Ls, BEPs, HALs, EPBs, BELs, BIGs, LAVs, CORs, NOLs, 6Ss, PULs, HAPs, SUBs, BUFs, CEPs 3Ds AND 6Bs.

Oh est le VEPs monsewer? Edited by Mallard60022

No VEPs, they were never green, the proper colour for Southern EMUs. :no: :no:

Sorry Phil.

Was sure I travelled in a green VEP- but the it could have been too many sherbets on the way to the station!

Edited by bigwordsmith
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Duya

Larry did love a BEL and a kipper, infact both at the same time...

post-1328-0-63099900-1512910185_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Didn't he join a protest about the removal of kipper breakfasts or something? I know there was some tw#t that insisted that he as a smoker should have the right to smoke on trains when the smoking ban throught the train and station areas came into force. I can imagine what he was like without trying too hard to visualise the 'type'! Pi##ock.

A. Fagartist

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Didn't he join a protest about the removal of kipper breakfasts or something? I know there was some tw#t that insisted that he as a smoker should have the right to smoke on trains when the smoking ban throught the train and station areas came into force. I can imagine what he was like without trying too hard to visualise the 'type'! Pi##ock.

A. Fagartist

I was looking for the video of it (the kippers) on Ewe Tooob but couldn't find it, so you had to make do with Spitting image.

S. Turgeon

• RMweb Premium

Waiting for me parts from EMGS is like waiting for that Gate Set I didn't order or pay for but I still need to moan about not arriving yet.

Might have to put my toys away for Christmas as my work bench the kitchen table will be needed to cover in food and booze etc (I'll leave it until the last minute though).

• Like 1