Accurascale

"Day - Paul' :)

The   name  was  taken  from  the  founders  of   Dapol   DAvid  & POLly    Boyle,  I met  David  several  times  when  he  owned  the  company  and  he  confirmed  the  correct  pronunciation   was  phonetically  DAYPOL

Not  that  it  really  matters!!

• Like 2

The   name  was  taken  from  the  founders  of   Dapol   DAvid  & POLly    Boyle,  I met  David  several  times  when  he  owned  the  company  and  he  confirmed  the  correct  pronunciation   was  phonetically  DAYPOL

Not  that  it  really  matters!!

..... probably DOES matter ....... on a different thread ! .............................. now, accura-scale with a Dublin accent ?  -  ah, is that North Side or South Side ?

• RMweb Gold

Was that the sound of a can of worms opening? Sorry about that! 

..... probably DOES matter ....... on a different thread ! .............................. now, accura-scale with a Dublin accent ?  -  ah, is that North Side or South Side ?

Would you believe that there is only one Dub out of the four of us? That happens to me and I'm strictly West side. ;)

Mind you, I've yet to meet an East side Dubliner, I think they live in the Irish sea....

Edited by 071
  • Like 1

Was that the sound of a can of worms opening? Sorry about that! 

Would you believe that there is only one Dub out of the four of us? That happens to me and I'm strictly West side. ;)

Mind you, I've yet to meet an East side Dubliner, I think they live in the Irish sea....

Aren't they normally called "Scousers"??

To answer Mick’s question, ’Accura-‘ comes from ‘accuracy’, so it’s pronounced without the drawn-out ‘u’.

damm, thats how I pronounced it , Ac-cuu-ra- scale. oh well .....   Accra -scale it is then ( to paraphrase an old ad here , "Quare" name, but great stuff, https://www.thefarmstore.ie/shop/department/veterinary/cheno-unction-2kg/) 

( well it passes the time ....) 

Edited by Junctionmad

• RMweb Gold

Is cricket played much there then?

A few of us are into it, and the participation is growing.

This is signed by the Irish team that took part at the last World Cup. I have asked if I could use it for customer relations but the other lads won’t let me...

[attachmentpost-7114-0-01798300-1516304570_thumb.jpeg

Edited by 071
  • Like 3

This is signed by the Irish team that took part at the last World Cup. I have asked if I could use it for customer relations but the other lads won’t let me...

[attachmentattachicon.gif5B6CEE6E-0D19-4D15-9A04-9CC44F77676B.jpeg

I am sure they will see the error in their ways when they start trying to sell to the heathens across the water.

So are the Irish cricket team's boxes green?

• RMweb Premium

But Black boxes are Orange!

Mark

And Orange boxes are err...... orange.

Cheers,

Mick

[attachmentattachicon.gif5B6CEE6E-0D19-4D15-9A04-9CC44F77676B.jpeg

You might damage the bat with some customers......

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

And Orange boxes are err...... orange.

Cheers,

Mick

You might damage the bat with some customers......

Cheers,

Mick

Orange boxes were a kind of wooden light brown, in my several years as a greengrocer's lad. Although I think they now come in cardboard boxes.

On t'other hand, black boxes are a bit crematorial. Although in some quarters, this is chic. Perhaps this is the new Blue?

• RMweb Gold

Down here it goes for "Day-Pol"  :onthequiet:

Regarding models, I've got two packs of the lovely little cement wagons - they are real beauties.

Keith

....and last night I ordered a pack of the orange beauties....

Keith