New announcement?

JohnR

• RMweb Premium

Can I just be the first to say that there is nowhere near enough weathering on that thing? ;)

Nice choice though.  It might even trigger the need for filthy master-and-slave 66s in a twin-pack.  Hint hint.

• RMweb Gold

{Very slight moan} . . . nothing for me.

{Immense surprise} . . . obviously Hattons (who knows what sells) has great faith in contemporary railway models  -  GREAT NEWS for the future of model railways.

Oddly, I feel slightly relieved they've missed my personal target zone, given what I'm already likely to be spending over the next several months......

Nice to see those who model the current/recent scene being offered something other than limited edition livery variants on existing locos.

Mind you they'll need to commission a couple of 66s with their inner ends really caked in crud if for those who model anything but the first fortnight of RHTT working.

On one pair I saw last year, it was barely possible to make out that they had more than one cab each!

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

GREAT NEWS for the future of model railways.

Exactly! Want to attract new, younger modellers to the hobby. Start offering us the fantastic and fascinating world of modern infrastructure trains. I got locomotives galore with not much to pull in service.

For me, even more interesting than the RHTT, is the track panel carriers and as hopes if the trenches are made too, you can have a bang up to date infrastructure train! 

Love the comments above of disappointment, perhaps now you know how I feel with 9 out of 10 announcements every year. 

What is next? A high output track cleaning train? https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/looking-after-the-railway/fleet-machines-vehicles/high-output/high-output-machines/ 

Edited by 159220
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Can I just say that it's too expensive, the wrong colour, missing three rivets, has the wrong number of spokes on one wheel, and doesn't fit with my era.

If that is all that is wrong then I take it you will be buying three!