Noisy

Drafty

Rattles

Oil leaks

Viabrates

E

R

Laugh And Drive Away ?

tbh the best has to goto Simon Brodkin (Les Nelson) trying to fit DCC to a VW at the car show in Geneva

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

To get back on topics…

31’s around Manchester were known as Toilets…

Thirty One Inside Loco Expect Trouble..

as they were that knackered they were often piloted, inc by other 31’s often on trains as short as 4 coaches.

i could proffer..

Droning Engine Long Train Intense Commotion

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Btw, whilst I kept the secret of the Deltic all summer of 2018… I did seed it in the Accurascale Website thread…

On 18/08/2018 at 08:32, adb968008 said:

If it is then

You should have seen the PowerPoint we saw at the MRC then !

De Glenn,Leader, The Paget loco, Intl train (BREL), Caprotti 5’s, plus the W1, full rake XP64, class 140 even the new class 230..

Full EP with paint samples, in T, N, TT, OO and O...

Just didn’t say which year.

no one spotted it, but someone did spot mk5 coaches a year before announcement in the same thread.

I have seeded another where I caught someone with a scanner in their hands but you’ll have to find it yourself.

Edited by adb968008

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

tbh the best has to goto Simon Brodkin (Les Nelson) trying to fit DCC to a VW at the car show in Geneva

That's actually pretty poor even by his standards, he simply walked on, got dragged away - no-one was embarassed or shown up and he spent 3 hours with the police.  He probably got a press pass by flashing a Channel 4 letter stating he was working for them.

Pranking involves an unwitting audience thinking the person really is who they say they are for a moment at least, no-one was going to be fooled for a moment by an English speaking 'German' mechanic walking on stage with a box marked 'cheat box'.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

To get back on topics…

as they were that knackered they were often piloted, inc by other 31’s often on trains as short as 4 coaches.

i could proffer..

That nickname for goyles (toilets?!) must be post 1988 as the term was never used amongst Manchester cranks when we ruled the roost.

Edited by aureol40012
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

To get back on topics…

i could proffer..

I'm sure I read a story on here once of a train that ended up with four 31's on it (top and tailed) due to three failures. 

I'd quite like to find that story again, if I've remembered it correctly.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

please for the love of god tell me that this is a joke?!

Sadly I imagine it’s not. They must have several thousand customers for the deltics. If even 1% of them are impatient t**ts then that’s a lot of impatient emails. I expect Rails and Locomotion are also getting phone calls demanding their deltics. 

Edited by nightstar.train
  • Like 4
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, nightstar.train said:

Sadly I imagine it’s not. They must have several thousand customers for the deltics. If even 1% of them are impatient t**ts then that’s a lot of impatient emails. I expect Rails and Locomotion are also getting phone calls demanding their deltics. 

Yes, the same people that would be first to jump on here and emails slating the model if there was something wrong with the QC on their model…but they can’t wait a few extra days to make sure the models are sound before shipping out! 

Edited by Northmoor MPD
  • Like 5
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
On 11/06/2022 at 17:47, 60800 said:

I'm sure I read a story on here once of a train that ended up with four 31's on it (top and tailed) due to three failures. 

I'd quite like to find that story again, if I've remembered it correctly.

Cheers,

That definitely has happened. Ive seen it myself, though ive only pictures of pairs on 4’s..
This is an image I really hope to recreate..

it was very common to see a pair head out, and another pair sent to bring them back, though quite often the failures were dumped and something from Springs Branch was sent to rescue it.

On 11/06/2022 at 17:31, aureol40012 said:

That nickname for goyles (toilets?!) must be post 1988 as the term was never used amongst Manchester cranks when we ruled the roost.

It was used before Regional Railways turned up, as the Telethon pair were called posh toilets as they were clean. I remember Goyles being used to, but that was by an older crowd.

it all started innocently one summer, with no heat 31’s.. then it just kept going year after year…

maybe move this to the 31 thread as Ive a bunch of images I can share from this time.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can understand people clammouring to get their 55's ASAP, especially as it is almost certainly going to be a superb model.

Surely Accurascale should be commended for carrying out some quality control rather than simply turning the boxes round ?

They could quite easily have kept quiet about the containers being delivered to them, carried out their QC checks & then re-shipped them out, thus saving all those emails & posts.

Instead, they kept everyone informed of the progress - they can't win in this respect.

I really do hope that the models live up to expectations & the new owners will be happy with their new aquisitions.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I have some tough meetings this week with lots of travel. I have to say that having paid for both of mine fairly early, the prospect of possibly being able to have a session running mine at the end of it is going to help me cope!

Roy

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

7 hours ago, SamThomas said:

I can understand people clammouring to get their 55's ASAP, especially as it is almost certainly going to be a superb model.

Surely Accurascale should be commended for carrying out some quality control rather than simply turning the boxes round ?

They could quite easily have kept quiet about the containers being delivered to them, carried out their QC checks & then re-shipped them out, thus saving all those emails & posts.

Instead, they kept everyone informed of the progress - they can't win in this respect.

I really do hope that the models live up to expectations & the new owners will be happy with their new aquisitions.

I don’t think anyone on here is being critical in any way shape or form about when they will receive their Deltics, are they?

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, adb968008 said:

That definitely has happened. Ive seen it myself, though ive only pictures of pairs on 4’s..
This is an image I really hope to recreate..

BB3261EA-E893-4608-8C40-2DB7ECBD6A2F.thumb.jpeg.aecea842f0acb7d2daf3015c45f0afcd.jpeg

it was very common to see a pair head out, and another pair sent to bring them back, though quite often the failures were dumped and something from Springs Branch was sent to rescue it.

It was used before Regional Railways turned up, as the Telethon pair were called posh toilets as they were clean. I remember Goyles being used to, but that was by an older crowd.

it all started innocently one summer, with no heat 31’s.. then it just kept going year after year…

E5B7C777-9059-4BBF-B4B0-1B8BA9EA8B58.thumb.jpeg.9d2596ecefbab891da3fecbdec02ca89.jpeg

maybe move this to the 31 thread as Ive a bunch of images I can share from this time.

Damn, at 51 I’ve never thought of myself as the “older crowd”!  They were, and always have been, Peds or Goyles to me and my lot.

• Agree 5

7 hours ago, SamThomas said:

Absolutely agree. I guess the issue here is that they (and us) were thrown by the jubilee weekend which delayed container arrival and consequential dispatch. As a result, suddenly two weeks is heading towards three weeks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

I don’t think anyone on here is being critical in any way shape or form about when they will receive their Deltics, are they?

I thought it was a response to someone from Accurascale saying that they'd had people contacting them to ask where their Deltic was.

• Agree 6