Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

D9004 in its original,factory fresh,two tone with no yellow warning panel,white cabs and red seats is singing to me….and it’s pay day tomorrow….already have D9008 on order like that…will there be more Deltics coming,D9001 St Paddy like that,perhaps?

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Northmoor MPD said:

After a long wait my Alycidon D9009 arrived today! 
Arrived home from work, opened it faster than a kid at Christmas…

But unfortunately looks like it’ll be going back 😭

The body sides and roof look great but the nose ends have paint chips on the headlight, some marks in the yellow and a couple of detail bits either loose or fallen off (Which I’d be happy to put back on myself if I had to)
Such a shame but I have no doubt Accurascale / Locomotion will put it right! Will fire off an email in the morning, hopefully they have some spare body shells 🤞 

A632A0A9-231D-41C3-AC35-A426AED048CC.jpeg

04D03277-D7D8-48B8-B562-525F3E08219E.jpeg

C58EC205-40D2-482A-BD26-1B56487F4345.jpeg

Dear Accurascale

Will you sell me this damaged Deltic at a knock down price?  

Oh and a tin of yellow paint also. 😁

• Funny 6

For those who wish to alter the brightness on the head codes, it is CVs 262 & 270 - each one is end specific. The default is 20 - I’ve altered mine down to 2 which gives a more characteristic glow to the plated over dominos. 

I also had the missing speaker screws but just used some spare small Bachmann screws and now the sound is fantastic!! 

A truly outstanding model !  Well done Accurascale !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 6

3 minutes ago, Cheshire Lines. said:

For those who wish to alter the brightness on the head codes

Ah, I was thinking about this earlier and wasn't sure if they were wired separately to the headlamp.

I have a Lokprogrammer so don't need the CVs but good to know I can dim them slightly without dimming the headlamp.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Ah, I was thinking about this earlier and wasn't sure if they were wired separately to the headlamp.

I have a Lokprogrammer so don't need the CVs but good to know I can dim them slightly without dimming the headlamp.

It's likely if headlights are fitted, they will be on the same circuit as the markers, so will also be dimmed, unless they are on a separate switched function key to the markers.

5 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

It's likely if headlights are fitted, they will be on the same circuit as the markers, so will also be dimmed, unless they are on a separate switched function key to the markers.

It depends, but you may be right.

The decoder could be programmed to do both outputs at once if they are separate.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

What’s the best glue to fit the bufferbeam detail? Don’t want to use something that’s going to melt the paint 😅

I used super glue, not sure if that was the right thing to do or not 🤣

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, amwells said:

Looks like this batch will be gone this morning - 1 of D9004 left and 20 of D9012. That will prevent any more temptation until another batch comes along!

Wow.

thats impressive, there was about 300 left two days ago when I counted up what was listed on the web pages.

Edited by adb968008

12 hours ago, thetrains said:

Problem is ebay won't let you sell now without paying direct to bank, not PayPal a/c as before, and don't really want them having my bank details, so I'm stuffed. 

Take out Gold membership on RMWeb and you can try to sell on here

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Having fitted buffer beam pipework on both 55002 and D9009, these are the best renditions of pipework etc. on any loco. All pipes fitted well and being able to remove the buffer beam to fit the pipes etc. it made it very easy. Well don Accurascale.

Edited by Tony Walker
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Take out Gold membership on RMWeb and you can try to sell on here

I'm pretty sure premium membership (i.e. 12 quid a year) enables me to place adverts.

• Like 1