Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, DIRTY DIESEL said:

It’s the factory fitted DCC Sound on both locos. 

What controller are you using?

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

a very good point, unless the decoder has stay alive enabled on one of the pins of the 21 pin socket it’s not going to work. What decoders are you running?

9 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

What controller are you using?

Ok, I'll set it up.

What's this, the Spanish inquisition?

Mike.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Coryton said:

So more 89's than actually existed in real life?

If you read the post again you will see that i said 'of which i have several on order of EACH LOCO.'

Might just help if you READ what's put instead of just shooting from the hip fella 👍

Edited by Krieghoff

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, DIRTY DIESEL said:

In a previous post about Ballymoss I wasn’t sure if the stay alive was working, as all lights & sound died as soon as you take the loco off the track.

I waited till I got 55002 to make a comparison and it’s the same. Both my locos  had been running around the layout for 30 minutes plus so stay alive should be fully charged. 
Can anyone confirm that theirs runs on for a few seconds with lights and sound running please before I contact support?

thanks

Stu

My two both continue to run when lifted off the track. Might be worth checking the CV for the duration that the PowerPack supplies power. Can’t recall which one it is now, but will look later. 

Roy

2 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

My two both continue to run when lifted off the track. Might be worth checking the CV for the duration that the PowerPack supplies power. Can’t recall which one it is now, but will look later. 

Roy

Thanks Roy. 

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, DIRTY DIESEL said:

NCE Power Cab. 

I can confirm that I also have a the NCE power cab, 2 factory sound fitted and both ‘die’ the second they leave the track. To be honest I hadn’t noticed this earlier as I have all live frogs so nothing except the shortest if wheelbase locos ever need a stay alive. But agreed, if they are meant to keep running briefly when lifted from the track they dont. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

If you read the post again you will see that i said 'of which i have several on order of EACH LOCO.'

Might just help if you READ what's put instead of just shooting from the hip fella 👍

My lighthearted post appears to have caused offence which wasn't my intention so my apologies for that.

However, maybe I'm being thick here but no matter how carefully I read your post I still see it as saying you had ordered more than one class 89.

Which - for what it's worth - I don't have a problem with. It just amused me.

• Agree 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Coryton said:

My lighthearted post appears to have caused offence which wasn't my intention so my apologies for that.

several on order of EACH LOCO......suggests more than one.....it does to me anyway...

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Coryton said:

However, maybe I'm being thick here but no matter how carefully I read your post I still see it as saying you had ordered more than one class 89.

Which - for what it's worth - I don't have a problem with. It just amused me.

You'll find me hilarious then, I seem to have finished up with five Falcons, all different liveries and numbers of course, I'm not that gullible!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I'm not that gullible!

Mike.

Are you sure....and would you like to buy these magic beans? Reasonable rates for RMweb members....

• Funny 6

21 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Am home…

My Daughter’s been playing Deltic Jenga…

C92CFC09-A73F-491B-B0D3-E3AD69D0F996.thumb.jpeg.d95860b1ed45014b699ca3c1ff8cd780.jpeg

gosh.. where do I start ?

By telling a big fib. They were a bargain. So you got all the one size but in different colours. The shop said you could return the ones you didn’t like. You also got the big pack of toilet rolls you were originally sent for. There you go. Cover story done.😚😚

Edited by ayrmrg
  • Funny 7

2 hours ago, DIRTY DIESEL said:

Thanks McC for the quick reply (unbelievable service), is the stay alive stand alone? Or can it be activated via a CV?

My track isn’t that dirty so it’s not causing any issues at the moment but still nice to have just in case. 

Stu

Have just checked the stay alive on my lovely white cabbed 'Tulyar'. With all CVs set to out of the box values, I can confirm that stay alive works for around 3 to 4 seconds with sound and lights on after lifting her off the track. I'm using my home-brew DCC++ controller with JMRI throttle.

Interestingly, previously I had unknowingly been testing my locos with the DCC++ power supply set to 9V!

As a rule I set the PSU to 15V (to the DCC++ Controller) for OO. I'm somewhat surprised that the decoder worked at all on the lower voltage.

(Just to be clear, the 3-4 second stay alive time test was carried out with the controller's power input set to 15V)

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

Think you're being a bit hard on @Corytonthere - it is easy to (mis)interpret your statement as having ordered multiple versions of each of the 5 class 89's available

• Agree 2

I made an interesting discovery tonight. One of the headlight functions did not work so, as suggested by Accurascale, I tried a spare decoder and the headlight worked.

That is not the interesting find though! I ran the train a bit with the spare decoder and found that the low speed action had vastly improved compared to the original sound card. See short video the Deltic creeping along on speed 1 and no changes to any CV's. Sorry about small size I had to convert my MP4 to gif to load it on here.

deltic_2_Adobe.gif

Edited by Haverail
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Haverail said:

I made an interesting discovery tonight. One of the headlight functions did not work so, as suggested by Accurascale, I tried a spare decoder and the headlight worked.

That is not the interesting find though! I ran the train a bit with the spare decoder and found that the low speed action had vastly improved compared to the original sound card. See short video the Deltic creeping along on speed 1 and no changes to any CV's.

deltic_2_Adobe.gif

What make is the spare decoder?