Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Ditto,only been here a few hours and the second man has polished off two packs of ginger snaps and a pint of milk for his tea.......

What did you think the BG behind the engine was for?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Crew arrived today and look great. Had thought seeing pictures would need a little touching up, but once in the cab will not require touching up. Will get the body off and fitted "dry" before deciding. 

Will also take opportunity to fux the speaker brackets down a little firmer.

Plus will add a little "oil / dirt" paint washes to the engine detail to enhance the depth. 

Weathering next but must remember to mask the holes through the vents on roof on the removable section as concerned that don't want blow paint onto the decoder. 

• Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Hound Dog said:

Late BR Deltic crew just arrived this morning - will need to crack on the heater in the cab as their skin is blue with the cold !

239F2615-95E5-4FB3-AC65-F5B376BAC8BA.jpeg

I don't suppose anyone knows if the Early Crew are available yet? Not seen anyone mention it but both are showing as pre-order on the Accurascale website.

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, ikks said:

Trouble was, Andy, it missed the plonker but did make somewhat of a mess of the Triang Jinty he was unboxing!!

Mike

Yeah, but was it close enough to inspire him to start a new channel? Sam's Stains 😛

Good News! I've had a delivery notification for my dead crew!

Bad News! I'm not in and the tracking seems to put it somewhere near Ostend!

I'm hoping that's a red herring.

• Funny 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

tracking seems to put it somewhere near Ostend!

I didn't see an option for a Saltley crew.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Regards the crew, received mine this afternoon and to be honest was expecting the images on the website

to be early production samples.

Without being too critical, whilst they will look fine inside a diesel cab I am hoping for better quality if

footplate crew are to be produced for the Manor’s please 👍

• Agree 1

D9008 was waiting with my neighbours when I got back from work. I must say, I am quite surprised by the size of the box it came in.

Quite a heavy little loco, runs like a dream on my teat layout. Only real issue I am noticing at the moment with mine is that one of the bogey chains are come loose from the body and I now have to fiddle around reattaching the tiny thing.

To be honest, when I first saw Wolf27's picture of the aftermath of the derailment, while admittedly it was only on my mobile phone so rather small, nevertheless it reminded me immediately of DP2 after its July 1967 altercation with the cement wagons near Thirsk !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JSpencer said:

It could have hit a brick or something hard. Good job the earth is soft and wet and not hard too.

That stone was rather close.  Surly a photo like this should carry a warning.

Did anyone feel an earthquake when it landed?  

A safety strip would certainly be a worthwhile investment, unless you are inventing a new game - catch the Deltic!

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Is a dcc labled box a guarantee of a sound fitted loco? Or have some been misfilled? My KOYLI has arrived but i'm 3k miles away. My family back home cant test the loco but can check the box...!

you can pop the magnetic hatch on the roof and check?

Just gone to detail my D9010 and I noticed that train air pipes are included, as is the appropriate hole in the bufferbeam. However, the Napier Chronicles website suggests that D9010 did not receive dual braking until it was painted blue in February 1968. Is anyone able to confirm if I can/should/should not fit said pipe to my model if I wanted to be accurate?

Cheers

James

Received my D9002 today what a locomotive 👍 My first accurascale product it won’t be my last.

just two questions does it have missing screws for the speaker? I’m not getting any issues with the sound a the moment 

and how do you change the head code? I don’t want to take the body of if I don’t have too so will leave that if it’s a body removal job 

My first accurascale product it won’t be my last.

did miss out on the purple one as a I was asleep when the email came though last week .hopefully there will be another run of these 

B47449F5-373B-47E5-BA52-ABBCE7FE4F24.jpeg

Edited by Monkey28
spelling

5 minutes ago, Monkey28 said:

and how do you change the head code? I don’t want to take the body of if I don’t have too so will leave that if it’s a body removal job 

There is a section on Accurascales web site with this information included amongst other helpful information. I can't remember where it is exactly but there are links futher back in this thread if you cannot locate.

I am lucky enough to have got a purple one, a lovely loco.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

To prevent very slow speed jerking with the Deltic, set starting voltage  CV2 to 3 (default is 1) it will then move off smoothly using SS 1 of 128

It will also help if the model has been well run-in beforehand

Am I the only one wondering why the decoders don’t come preprogrammed with the optimum set of CVs? Other sound decoders I’ve purchased have done…..

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 minutes ago, Haverail said:

There is a section on Accurascales web site with this information included amongst other helpful information. I can't remember where it is exactly but there are links futher back in this thread if you cannot locate.

I am lucky enough to have got a purple one, a lovely loco.

here's the link for the information on the website incase anyone else needs it https://www.accurascale.com/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/class-55-deltic

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

No requirement to isolate now 😉😷

Government stupidity, common sense is still to voluntary isolate to avoid potential spreading. Good on the bloke for acting sensibly. I heard yesterday of a family who have caught COVID all going for a MacD because they needed cheering up! The mind boggles at some people’s behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 2