Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, TomMcG said:

So, does that mean I'll get the full refund, or do you consider the deposit of £30 a reasonable fee?

14 hours ago, McC said:

Once the order is complete, the full amount is refundable in the case of a return (as per your consumer rights, and based  us waiving the right to charge a reasonable fee for returns) . 

Hope that helps!

Hi @TomMcG,

I bolded the response you have queried from @McC to ensure clarity. Yes, as McC said, you get a FULL REFUND if the item is faulty. Please feel free to email us support@accurascale.co.uk and we will help you out with any issue. 

11 hours ago, steve45 said:

Can I pre-order a pre-order for a purple one on the next run then?

Hi @steve45,

Well, you can register your interest by clicking "email me when becomes available" button on the purple gordon page on our website. The more we see registered to that the easier it is for me to persuade McC that we should do another run!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

58 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @TomMcG,

I bolded the response you have queried from @McC to ensure clarity. Yes, as McC said, you get a FULL REFUND if the item is faulty. Please feel free to email us support@accurascale.co.uk and we will help you out with any issue. 

Hi @steve45,

Well, you can register your interest by clicking "email me when becomes available" button on the purple gordon page on our website. The more we see registered to that the easier it is for me to persuade McC that we should do another run!

Cheers!

Fran 

Thank you for the clarification. I have contacted support first anyway, but just dropped another email.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

The more we see registered to that the easier it is for me to persuade McC that we should do another run!

Indeed, but in the case of purple Deltics, I thought 9016 was unique in that regard, so wouldn't that go against your policy of not rerunning the same item? 

Running it in an earlier livery wouldn't, but did 9016  have some subtle variations in its purple guise or would you need to do a fictitious running number in those colours or something?

I have no axe to grind here, as I don't even like that livery.  However from the comments on this site it would appear that you may have underestimated the demand for it.  Of course this site is only representative of a proportion of your market, and for all I know the postings may be down to just a few unlucky people who happen to have missed out this time.  And your policy certainly makes sense for wagons, and for loco classes which existed in large numbers and multiple liveries, but have you considered whether it is such a good idea when applied to unique vehicles?

2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Oh and go and have a look at some of the microlayout/boxfile threads to see just how much some people do achieve for next to no money. Simply amazing at times.

Roy

Agreed.  On the other hand can a deltic fit in a boxfile? Must be a tight fit.

2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

It is not for others to judge them and make comments that they should have committed before they sold out.

Roy

Nobody's being "judged" for being skint or for waiting too long. But if you want something you need to commit BEFORE it's sold out, be that deltics or donuts.  You'll find its always more difficult to buy things once theyre sold out regardless of your reasons for not buying when it was for sale. 

I wanted to have Dodo bird for Xmas Dinner this year, and you wouldn't believe how dismissive the woman in tesco's was when I complained.  Perhaps she was judging me too harshly for waiting too long.  Apparently they sold out in Xmas 1662.

As Boris would say "Them's the breaks."

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

As above, there are many reasons why somebody may not have been able to afford a Deltic but now can. All @franciswilliamwebbsaid was that such people probably cannot run to the cost of ebay sales for the purple Deltic given they are selling at double the original price. No moaning as such.

Well spotted, although I suspect you're wasting your time😆

For the record, I've had my Deltic delivery, I've got my orders in for 37s and am pondering 31s.  But I do know quite a few folk who have had the finances decimated short term by Covid.

11 hours ago, newbryford said:

Not forgetting this version. Probably more likely for Hornby to turn a Railroad version out as "proper" DP2 ".....  🤦‍♂️

D9016 Crewe LSL 08.06.19

I'm surprised there is so much corrosion on the body side. I thought 9016 had the most thorough HGR of any of the Deltics, including skin replacement. Sure after another 40 years it won't be in great shape, but it looks quite bad.

yes I'm aware that all three DPS deltics plus D9000 were reskinned in preservation, but 9002 (another HGR recipient) wasn't aside from some limited repairs at Brush under the aborted DPS-NRM deal in the early 2000s. 

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Well, you can register your interest by clicking "email me when becomes available" button on the purple gordon page on our website.

@Accurascale Fran Will the people that already registered but weren’t quite quick enough when you had a few left over after packing  still be on your list or should we register interest again?

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I'm surprised there is so much corrosion on the body side. I thought 9016 had the most thorough HGR of any of the Deltics, including skin replacement. Sure after another 40 years it won't be in great shape, but it looks quite bad.

yes I'm aware that all three DPS deltics plus D9000 were reskinned in preservation, but 9002 (another HGR recipient) wasn't aside from some limited repairs at Brush under the aborted DPS-NRM deal in the early 2000s. 

Didn't help sitting outside in the 'weather' for possibly the best part of 10 years, not moving.  Hopefully now LSL have got it and it will take it's place in the queue for full restoration.

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I thought 9016 had the most thorough HGR of any of the Deltics, including skin replacement.

It often came up in conversation that it had gone through a more thorough rebuild than any of the others - in fact, I seem to remember it was referred to as the 'Super Deltic' around that time.  Wasn't The Black Watch, plus maybe one or two others, supposed to be subject to the same programme, but in the end only got some of the attention that 55016 got?

Pete T.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Didn't help sitting outside in the 'weather' for possibly the best part of 10 years, not moving.  Hopefully now LSL have got it and it will take it's place in the queue for full restoration.

Jeremy Hoskin does seem to have a penchant for doubling up on everything (20's, 37's 40,s and 47's so far) - in fact he seems to buy 12'' to the foot versions much the same way as we buy RtR! His optimum number of loco's is the same as ours at N+1 so assuming LSL can get hold of enough workable power units I wouldnt be surprised to see Gordan arise again :)

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

I think the point being made (originally) was that it's not Accurascale's fault that some folks could not afford to pre-order Gordon Highlander and so missed out at RRP. To be calling AS "unfair" if they do not re-run this particular model is not right. Well that's the way I see it. 

I know it was not you Roy who called them out on this, just to be clear 🙂

Fully agree, but also I don't think anybody has actually said that Accurascale are being unfair?

As it is I am not sure what will happen, Accurascale will now be damned either way if they do/don't rerun D9016. We have been there before.

I guess it will all come down to an arm wrestle between @Accurascale Franand @McC. Anybody taking bets?

Roy

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, StuAllen said:

@Accurascale Fran Will the people that already registered but weren’t quite quick enough when you had a few left over after packing  still be on your list or should we register interest again?

you’re still on the list. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Fully agree, but also I don't think anybody has actually said that Accurascale are being unfair?

As it is I am not sure what will happen, Accurascale will now be damned either way if they do/don't rerun D9016. We have been there before.

I guess it will all come down to an arm wrestle between @Accurascale Franand @McC. Anybody taking bets?

Roy

I guess it depends on the financial feasibility of a small run. Its never been implied that any of the Deltics were the dreaded 'limited edition' so AS cannot be accused of being 'unfair' either by owners or those who missed out.  Not sure a full scale production run of purple D9016 will sell out - there remain many a Hornby 46256 still available new off the shelf from the second batch after the initial feeding frenzy. And the follow on 46257 seems to be sitting on  model shop shelves occasionally discounted. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Indeed, but in the case of purple Deltics, I thought 9016 was unique in that regard, so wouldn't that go against your policy of not rerunning the same item? 

Running it in an earlier livery wouldn't, but did 9016  have some subtle variations in its purple guise or would you need to do a fictitious running number in those colours or something?

I have no axe to grind here, as I don't even like that livery.  However from the comments on this site it would appear that you may have underestimated the demand for it.  Of course this site is only representative of a proportion of your market, and for all I know the postings may be down to just a few unlucky people who happen to have missed out this time.  And your policy certainly makes sense for wagons, and for loco classes which existed in large numbers and multiple liveries, but have you considered whether it is such a good idea when applied to unique vehicles?

Hi @Michael Hodgson,

The comment was made regarding wagons, not locomotives.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

The wording that Accurascale used was that they have never repeated a version exactly. Have never not will never. The frustrated  lawyer in me spotted the nuance! Bachmann have a similar policy but in reality, it has not precluded the same prototype being modelled again, it's just that often an upgraded or retooled version that gets another go. Notable examples are the RTC Class 24 which is now in its third release (thus flushing out lots of earlier 'never-to-be-repeated'  versions on ebay etc) and of course DP1, which is never re-run in exactly the same way as the previous version.

55016/9016 is unique in its purple guise so I am pretty sure that there will be some scope to revisit the model, even if it is a 'different' issue because it comes in a wooden box/includes a headboard/has a booklet with it or whatever other gimmicks are regularly used to drive additional sales.

Edited by andyman7
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Who will complain if they did it again?

1. People who already have it and for some reason feel they should be part of an exclusive club/want it to hold its value (delete as applicable). It's not a limited edition, get over it. They could also put a rerun in a black box to make first run purchasers feel special still/keep collector value on it.

2. People who didn't want it first time, still don't want it and so see it as a wasted slot for them.

3. Accurascale if they don't sell them all

For me, number 3 is the only one with any real importance.

I think that it's worth considering the objectives of a "no rerun" policy. I expect the general idea is to not repeat things to allow the product to appeal to those who have already bought something, rather than ruling them out of the market. I completely agree with this approach if that is the reason. 37s you could do until the cows come home and never run out of options and people like me will just keep buying them because they like the different ones.

In the case of one off locos, celebs etc. it's a slightly different scenario IMO, as I expect demand will be higher for these. Purple Gordon as a prime example although it is not a complete one off it is a standout example. To me, if there was one to redo in due course this would be it for this reason.

The 89 for example, is there any scope for ever rerunning them if they won't do the ones they are already doing? It's only what 89001 gets done to it in the future, or something weird and wonderful such as in primer left as options otherwise. Maybe they won't redo it at all (and I intend to get one from the forthcoming run for this exact reason) but if demand is there it would be daft to ignore it for the sake of a principle that is sorta nullified by the product. I'd say it's better rerunning prototypically than making stuff up like Hornby and Rapido have been doing, although there has been some success there they have hung around.

Something else worth considering is that in class 66 world, 66783 has been done by all 3 OO 66 producers. Only the Bachmann one is available now (which was the last one to be made IIRC) and there are hundreds of those to do but because it is a celeb it must be of wider appeal.

Obviously this is up to the AS guys, I am just saying what I think for what little it might be worth.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

The wording that Accurascale used was that they have never repeated a version exactly. Have never not will never. The frustrated  lawyer in me spotted the nuance! Bachmann have a similar policy but in reality, it has not precluded the same prototype being modelled again, it's just that often an upgraded or retooled version that gets another go. Notable examples are the RTC Class 24 which is now in its third release (thus flushing out lots of earlier 'never-to-be-repeated'  versions on ebay etc) and of course DP1, which is never re-run in exactly the same way as the previous version.

55016/9016 is unique in its purple guise so I am pretty sure that there will be some scope to revisit the model, even if it is a 'different' issue because it comes in a wooden box/includes a headboard/has a booklet with it or whatever other gimmicks are regularly used to drive additional sales.

Of course Bachmann re-released Evening Star (a model I regretted passing on first time round - I wanted a 'run of the mill' 9F I thought... ha!). The second release (A-suffix) had some tooling mods (Steam heat pipework on firebox side was omitted as this was a preservation addition), and obviously came in the later version of the Bachmann Box. However the green that Bachmann were using at that time was much notably lighter in shade, which was a shame), and they failed to properly decorate the copper capping on the lower edge of the chimney lip. The A suffix model was reissued again, but this time with incorrectly positioned lining on the tender...

So each release was different, just not for the better!

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
On 12/07/2022 at 09:50, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Does this mean we can increase the RRP by 150% now for run 2? 

Asking for a friend... 🤣

Cheers!

Fran 

No but you 'could' charity auction rare items like pre-production samples!

27 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Bachmann re-released Evening Star

And there have been at least 2 runs of 66779 Evening Star too by them. One for the NRM with a gloss finish and one as it comes from them directly. Unsure if Bachmann have even done 2 runs in their normal range.

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

iconic loco like D200!

You misspelled D6700!

• Funny 2

I bought one of Heljan's first-release D0280 Falcons in BR green because I wanted a model of this loco, not as an investment - the limited edition certificate was nice to have but not important. Just as well, as things turned out. Heljan is also about to release green push-pull D6580 for a third time, using AFAIK the same incorrect tooling as the previous two (on the evidence of the Deltic, not something AS would countenance). With two production runs out there already, time will tell if this is overkill......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

Or hold back a couple from each model run and charity auction them after they have sold out.

I do wonder why some retailers don't keep back stock of sought after models and drip them into the market several years after initial sell-out. Sure it is tied up investment, but potential profits if they gauge the market correctly. I've bought long-obsolete new stock from retailers for original RRP or maybe current RRP, when nearly-new ones are going on Ebay for 200% of that.

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

Or do something like Dapol and/or DRS did with 68033 and do a limited run (10 I think?) which were I believe renumbered 68001s.

I think that auction made a quid or two for charity.