Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Now fitted with cast rather than fabricated bogies. Whether these are still intended to go under 55015 long term i dont know. But as of now the AS model would need a change in bogie frames to be correct

Do we think they have had a hand in this to drive future runs...................ha ha.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Now fitted with cast rather than fabricated bogies. Whether these are still intended to go under 55015 long term i dont know. But as of now the AS model would need a change in bogie frames to be correct

Arent Deltics with Fabricated bogies speed limited ?

21 hours ago, Angelus said:

The manual is available as a download on Accurascales website. F11 is for the red/tail lights and F12 for the cab lights.which are directional and F25 for the Engine room lights which is an on/off function.

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/class-55-deltic/download-the-class-55-manual

HTH

Terry

21 hours ago, Alycidon said:

I assumed that was for the sound decoder

I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if I get anywhere

Thank you very much for the reply, it's much appreciated.

As I have just taken delivery of my Accurascale/ESU non-sound decoder can I confirm the above, that the function keys are mapped to the same F numbers as on the sound decoder? I.e.:

F0 - headcode lights; F11 - red markers; F12 cab lights; F22/F23 WIPAC light features (not relevant for me); F25 Engine room lights.

Is F8 (brake on/off) just a sound feature or does it act as brake button?

Thanks

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

As I have just taken delivery of my Accurascale/ESU non-sound decoder can I confirm the above, that the function keys are mapped to the same F numbers as on the sound decoder? I.e.:

F0 - headcode lights; F11 - red markers; F12 cab lights; F22/F23 WIPAC light features (not relevant for me); F25 Engine room lights.

Is F8 (brake on/off) just a sound feature or does it act as brake button?

Thanks

Hiya,

Yes the lighting functions on the non-sound decoder work as per the sound decoder and headcode, tail and cab lights work directionally as expected.

I had a little trial of the F8 brake but it made no discernible difference from what I could see so I think that's a sound function only.

The stay alive feature works straight out of the box as well which I think wasn't the case with the original sound decoders though still need to test the one I have.

I'm also after a little bit of help again too, I've made a not particularly great attempt at removing the number of a blue one, I followed the instructions of IPA with 6% water dilution as shown on the video - though my 6% was rule of thumb than exact (not sure how to get that exactly right?) and whilst the number came off, the blue has been noticeably lightened.  The video shows the paintwork unaltered from what I could see.  I've stopped at one side as I don't want to risk ruining the loco completely.....    Again any tips as to what I might try would be greatly appreciated.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I’ve used “metallic paint” T-Cut before for removing numbers, but never tried on Accurascale body finish, suggest trying on an inside bit of overspray/paint first.

Very gently with a cotton bud and a tiny spot of T-Cut.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 17:53, adb968008 said:

Arent Deltics with Fabricated bogies speed limited ?

I thought read that somewhere as well. However bear in mind that until D9009 was fitted, D9002 was the only mainline Deltic to run in preservation with cast bogies, all the rest have been on fabricated ones and run at 100MPH I believe.

Presumably under limited preserved running the risk of cracking that required the speed limits in BR days is not a problem?

On 28/10/2022 at 20:30, Alycidon said:

Hiya,

Yes the lighting functions on the non-sound decoder work as per the sound decoder and headcode, tail and cab lights work directionally as expected.

I had a little trial of the F8 brake but it made no discernible difference from what I could see so I think that's a sound function only.

The stay alive feature works straight out of the box as well which I think wasn't the case with the original sound decoders though still need to test the one I have.

I'm also after a little bit of help again too, I've made a not particularly great attempt at removing the number of a blue one, I followed the instructions of IPA with 6% water dilution as shown on the video - though my 6% was rule of thumb than exact (not sure how to get that exactly right?) and whilst the number came off, the blue has been noticeably lightened.  The video shows the paintwork unaltered from what I could see.  I've stopped at one side as I don't want to risk ruining the loco completely.....    Again any tips as to what I might try would be greatly appreciated.

I very easily picked D9009 with a toothpick. No solvent at all.

image.jpg.1176e0a5f4e5656f0f4445cd366d851e.jpg

Edited by LMSfan72
Added photo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, LMSfan72 said:

I very easily picked D9009 with a toothpick. No solvent at all.

Thank you!

Worked an absolute treat!

Funnily enough this is the method I use for Bachmann loco's and I tentatively tried it on the Deltic but was so worried about scratching the paintwork off, as happened with a Heljan 27, that I abandoned it after only a couple of very light passes with a cocktail stick in favour of the IPA method.

I now have No 9 in mid 70's condition which is how I first saw her (to complete them all) aptly enough 46 years ago today at the head of what I think was the 23.00 paper train to Leeds/Bradford at Kings Cross.  We'd popped into Kings Cross to see what was there after coming back from a trip to Tinsley to see the first of the Class 56's.  Happy days.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, zigzag said:

If anyone wants another Deltic it looks like a few models have been found down the back of the sofa at Accuracale HQ

The very very last of the new stock held back for warranty cover - when they are gone, they are gone!

18 minutes ago, Ajax50046 said:

Surely it must be time to announce which liveries

A blue one, a green one, a blue one, a green one......... 

I think that they will want to get the Class 37, Class 92 and Manor sorted first. Besides people only have so much money to spend. Then of course there is Warley which will no doubt end up as a large announcement...... 

• Agree 3

I have a few questions concerning the Class 55 Standard (non-sound) decoders which are described as "Custom programmed for accurascale Locomotives, to take advantage of the full lighting suite and PowerPack."  I suppose these questions really relate to what customisation your are doing, which I assume means pre-setting some of the CVs to defaults different from an off-the shelf Lokpilot 5.

1. will equivalent decoders be produced for all other Accurascale locos such as the Manor, class 92 etc?
  2. if no, would there be any particular merit in installing the Class 55 decoders in these other Accurascale locos as against say a bog-standard Lokpilot 5 (always assuming they have compatible sockets)?
  3. if yes, in what way(s) are they tailored to the class concerned?
  4. would there be benefit in installing them in say another manufacturer's Class 55 in need of conversion to DCC?

Incidentally, I would comment that the description of this product on your website doesn't mention Railcom compatibility, which is a selling point some modellers specifically look for in a decoder.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/11/2022 at 22:50, Ajax50046 said:

Surely it must be time to announce which liveries and running numbers will be in the next batch then 😁

Maybe some of us want the other announced locos first. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Any update on the sound decoders? I'm waiting on mine (via the DPS) but nothing....

Have these started shipping from Accurascale?

Drop support a mail and they can check for you - we've shipped out about 300 of them I know, but we're waiting on more at the moment from ESU

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Are any of the bogie details going to be available as spare parts?  I've lost a couple of the brake cylinders off the bogie side frames and it would be really helpful if these were available, even at a small cost.

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Are any of the bogie details going to be available as spare parts?  I've lost a couple of the brake cylinders off the bogie side frames and it would be really helpful if these were available, even at a small cost.

I’ve lost all four corner steps (they were definitely there before the first run 😄) and two brake cylinders and a chain, I thought the chain would be easy to find!

Good idea about the spares availability.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

We have extensive spares. Drop a mail to our warranty team at warranty@ accurascale.co.uk 

The Warranty Team provide an excellent service. Best in the industry. 

Simon

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, SJR said:

Simon

Yes they were excellent at swapping out my Nimbus, unfortunately this evening I just ran it in the dark for the first time and a cab light and engine compartment light is not working at one end, I have sent an email to AS support but mentioning it here in case anyone else has had something similar?

16 hours ago, SJR said:

Simon

Almost, I had a small pipe missing from the accessory bag from a class 37. Emailed Bachmann Spares with a photo and two pipes supplied within a couple of days, free of charge. And I didn't wait over a month for them.

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

Almost, I had a small pipe missing from the accessory bag from a class 37. Emailed Bachmann Spares with a photo and two pipes supplied within a couple of days, free of charge. And I didn't wait over a month for them.

Without going too far off topic, the last time I asked Bachmann for spares to replace bent con rods on an 03 shunted I got these by return, excellent reaction but the spares were worse than the originals

4D1B3DD8-2BA7-4945-A094-DAA8C01DEFF1.jpeg.e697481ceae312498b2f2c0aa96cb056.jpeg

but in fairness to Bachmann after sending back this picture I got another set which were straight very quickly 😁

• Like 1