Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, wairoa said:

You can all rest easy tonight gentlemen, secure in the knowledge that I have just placed a pre-order for Porterbrook Purple. Sleep well, men, sleep well. 

I’ve paid just over half for my sound version. Partial.ly is a fantastic way to pay for models and spread the cost over several months when you don’t have the cash in one go. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Could make a good April fools idea for them. Allow people to place a preorder. If they get enough by the end of the week then heck they’ll do it. Somewhat similar to Rapido.

That being said there’s probably enough real stuff to go at first. Looking in a class 73/9 direction…

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, E100 said:

Could make a good April fools idea for them. Allow people to place a preorder. If they get enough by the end of the week then heck they’ll do it. Somewhat similar to Rapido.

That being said there’s probably enough real stuff to go at first. Looking in a class 73/9 direction…

Please no. There is enough demand for prototype liveries and models without adding to it with fictional liveries. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, E100 said:

Could make a good April fools idea for them. Allow people to place a preorder. If they get enough by the end of the week then heck they’ll do it.

Sorry @E100 that's never going to happen. No fiction at this manufacturer... 😉

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Islesy said:

image.png.f7f696b192189b8003fcdc4d72b87c92.png

I'll leave this here in jest! Partly as I felt this never got quite as much attention as it should have 😋

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 5
  • Funny 10

1 hour ago, Islesy said:

And apologies from me for starting this off-reality discussion (I'd certainly not be queuing up to buy a "fake" anyway :))

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, E100 said:

image.png.f7f696b192189b8003fcdc4d72b87c92.png

I'll leave this here in jest! Partly as I felt this never got quite as much attention as it should have 😋

The mustard was the wrong mustardyness so it didn't pass QC :) 

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, scots region said:

Intercity Swallow would be very handsome on a Deltic. 

The Class 50 Hood looks good in its Intercity livery that it got in preservation, I wonder if any of the groups that own deltics could be persuaded to make a temporary change of livery? Then the model would prototypical. 😜

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

On 18/05/2023 at 21:45, philg said:

Makes you wonder if there's a market for fictitious liveries...... InterCity Swallow anyone??

Mind you, not sure how that would match up with Accurascales committment to accuracy and fidelity :)

Forget fictitious, I'm looking to replace my fleet of CIE Hymeks (think LIMA did these originally, then Hornby, for the Irish market).

With such old tooling, these must be ripe models for the Accurascale treatment.

CIEHymek.JPG.fc216bf9b069d5f9946fb551df3065e8.JPG

HornbyHymekCIE1.PNG.9dd2e5b63847b91f8ddc49c4dcfe3a56.PNG

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Accurascale have said no to fictitious liveries (thank God), so do we really have to persist in wish-listing what will never happen?

Roy

Why not a fictious livery? We have, OO, a fictious gauge/scale.  Besides a company can always change its decision.

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, wairoa said:

Why not a fictious livery? We have, OO, a fictious gauge/scale.  Besides a company can always change its decision.

Maybe because the factory time can be better used in producing models with a more lucrative return?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, wairoa said:

For most of us nodelling is about creating the real world in miniature, with some compromises such as track gauge. Fictitious liveries are not a compromise.

Scale is not fiction…

Roy

• Agree 3

26 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

For most of us nodelling is about creating the real world in miniature, with some compromises such as track gauge. Fictitious liveries are not a compromise.

Scale is not fiction…

Roy

So a fake scale/gauge is more acceptable than fake paint?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, wairoa said:

So a fake scale/gauge is more acceptable than fake paint?

Well modelled OO gauge trackwork can look like the correct gauge,  (my friends layout has been described in 2 magazines as EM when it is simply OO), a livery on a loco that was never carried will never looked prototypical, no matter how well it is done.

I'm not against fictious liveries but I personally feel that unless a manufacturer has spare capacity at their factory then they should concentrate on prototypical items, whether re-runs or new.

If you really want a model in a livery it never carried, you could always support one of the many respray businesses and ask them to do it for you.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Type 2 said:

Maybe because the factory time can be better used in producing models with a more lucrative return?

That is true only if the fictional variants are overproduced by quite a lot and end up in the bargain bin, otherwise if they sell at the same price and at a similar speed, there is no reason why fictional variants give you a less lucrative return.

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, toby_tl10 said:

That is true only if the fictional variants are overproduced by quite a lot and end up in the bargain bin, otherwise if they sell at the same price and at a similar speed, there is no reason why fictional variants give you a less lucrative return.

Its interesting that the Rapido Fictitious APTs appear to have sold slowly and are heavily discounted at a number of retailers. I would suggest anyone doing fictitious liveries of highly detailed models does a very small production run

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

I'm suspect that Its all about sales and hitting the magic number.

Lets say for example… if they need a minimum of 1000, but pre-orders are only 500.. it would be a brave man to push the button on 1000.

But if 3 small runs of 200 or so of a fictional livery means you get 100 over the magic number, job done and discount the few left.

moral here… if we want it exactly, there needs to be enough customers, or accept a bit of give and take to get there… the alternative is a higher price for those we do want.

Fictional liveries arent the only creative solution , weve seen unnumbered basic liveries, even unpainted models in the past.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 3